Anthem Port Times - Discrepancy (Port canaveral

On our Dec 14th Sailing on Anthem OTS, it shows on our booking that we are in Cape Canaveral from 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM on Dec 17th. A poster in another thread had left this link to port information @ Cape Canaveral and it is showing that we arrive at 12:00 noon.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/FY2018/FY-2018-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

Just wanted to ask recent cruisers (this sailing and 1 previous) who were on the Bahamas Itinerary out of NYC what time you actually arrived in Port Canaveral. I am assuming it was early (7am or so) but we are making plans based on an early arrival and just need to triple check to make sure that arrival at the earlier time is not unlikely.

Thanks!

-Sean

Edited by wilmingtech

We are on the 11/11 sailing of Anthem and we have always been scheduled to be in Port Canaveral from 12 noon to 9:30pm. Our previous Bahamas sailing of Anthem also was scheduled to get to Port Canaveral at noon and we arrived around 11:30. I would call the cruise line.

You might want to change your title to Port Canaveral before the edit time expires.;p:D

On our Dec 14th Sailing on Anthem OTS, it shows on our booking that we are in Cape Canaveral from 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM on Dec 17th. A poster in another thread had left this link to port information @ Cape Canaveral and it is showing that we arrive at 12:00 noon.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/FY2018/FY-2018-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

Just wanted to ask recent cruisers (this sailing and 1 previous) who were on the Bahamas Itinerary out of NYC what time you actually arrived in Port Canaveral. I am assuming it was early (7am or so) but we are making plans based on an early arrival and just need to triple check to make sure that arrival at the earlier time is not unlikely.

Thanks!

-Sean

FWIW, the websites like http://www.cruisett.com are showing the earlier time.

We are on the 11/11 sailing of Anthem and we have always been scheduled to be in Port Canaveral from 12 noon to 9:30pm. Our previous Bahamas sailing of Anthem also was scheduled to get to Port Canaveral at noon and we arrived around 11:30. I would call the cruise line.

You might want to change your title to Port Canaveral before the edit time expires.;p:D

Dang it. I am on the west coast and just now finishing my first cup of coffee... I can't believe I put port everglades... Batting 1000 this week :)

Well if nothing else it may get peoples attention. Maybe one of the moderators will help me out with this one...

Dang it. I am on the west coast and just now finishing my first cup of coffee... I can't believe I put port everglades... Batting 1000 this week :)

Well if nothing else it may get peoples attention. Maybe one of the moderators will help me out with this one...

Mods can fix it if you can't by using go advanced.:)

Mods can fix it if you can't by using go advanced.:)

I already sent a message on the OP's behalf. ;)

Thanks!

-Sean

We are on the same sailing and now curious about the port times. :confused: We already booked a van for our group to visit relatives nearby so hopefully what is stated on our cruise documents is correct.

I work at Cape Canaveral AFS and drive through the port everyday. I have never seen Anthem in port before 11am-noon. That said, every website with the exception of the link given to include Royal's website is showing arrival at 7am starting in December. That may be a seasonal change, or potentially more regular. You can contact Royal directly to verify, but if they and every other website bar one is advertising 7am, I would say that's likely the case. That port schedule from Port Canaveral could be out of date/incorrect too.

If it is 7am, that's nice as it gives you a long port day and makes things/destinations in Orlando much more feasible.

This is the difference between 7 nights cruise to 8 or 9 nights cruise.

At 7 nights cruise arrival at 12pm and at 8 nights cruise the arrival at 7am.

All the ports are the same.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

This might be it exactly. It takes approx about 45-48 hours (@ ~18 knots) to cruise from NYC to Cape Canaveral and the 8 day cruise has almost 60 hours (2 full sea days) between leaving NYC and pulling into Cape Canaveral.

The 7 day only has 1 full sea day before pulling into Cape Canaveral.

So this may be the difference between arriving at 7am and 12 noon. Part of the reason we picked this cruise over the breakaway was because of the extra time in Orlando.

Hopefully it's a 7am arrival. Hoping to hear back from the peeps on the current 8 day cruise.

-Sean