How late can one get back to the ship?

lneilan

If the ship is overnighting, there is no isse to return at anytime you want

We returne at around 2 am after our Fado show in Lisbon and it was a non issue. there are always security guards there to let you in.

We did Venice ovenight and roll call members arrived much later and also had no issues.

If a ship is at dock overnight, is there anything like a curfew for returns to the ship?

I think it depends on the port authorities at the particular port. When we were at Tianjin (Beijing) there was a set time to be back on the ship, if you were not staying off ship overnight. This was because customs and immigration closed the port until the following morning.

No curfew for us in Venice, Reykjavik, Istanbul, or Hamilton Bermuda. In St Petersburg we did not have individual visas, and were only allowed off the ship with an excursion guide. I don't know if there was a curfew for folks who had individual visas.

Thanks, HAL is doing a really terrible job of arranging tours for those of us who want to see Havana and I am trying to put something together myself. It seems we land too late for a legal excursion. i am not sure how that could have happened, but it appears to be true.

What happened if you weren't?

As someone else mentioned, we had the same experience in China. Even though we were overnighting the government put a curfew on when you could return. After that time they locked the gates at the port and they would not allow you back on the ship until morning. I don't know anyone who got locked out but I would guess you would either have to find a hotel or sleep in the port terminal. Neither one is really a good choice.

Helen

By "land too late" I assume that you mean arriving at port rather than an airplane landing.

There are several upcoming HAL cruises to Cuba that arrive in Havana at 8am and stay late into the night. Perhaps you should select a cruise that better fits your desire to see more of Havana.

igraf

Thanks, HAL is doing a really terrible job of arranging tours for those of us who want to see Havana and I am trying to put something together myself. It seems we land too late for a legal excursion. i am not sure how that could have happened, but it appears to be true.