Trip insurance bought within 3 weeks of booking?

spleenstomper

To be covered by pre existing medical condition, Travel insured int’l is 22 days from date of first payment. Nationwide Insurance is I think allows before sailing. Better call or check their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why not call or explore a travel insurance agent or website?

Did you pay for your trip with a credit card (VISA, MC, etc)? Does it include travel insurance and/or medical automatically if you used the card to book your travel?

hey there!

I forgot to get trip insurance within two weeks of booking a land vacation. I'm at 2.5 weeks now. Does anyone know of trip insurance you can buy within 3 weeks of booking? Thanks!

TRY Travelex .make a call, doesn't hurt to ask.,... the reason for speed in getting insurance is often so pre-existing conditions would be covered. IF That applies to you.

1-800-228-9792

Please let us know if you contacted them in time.

TR

To be covered by pre existing medical condition, Travel insured int’l is 22 days from date of first payment. Nationwide Insurance is I think allows before sailing. Better call or check their website.

For cruises, Nationwide requires purchase before final payment if you want PEC waiver.

Thank, got one through insure my trip. I was mostly concerned with airline tickets since DH booked delta's new rock bottom non refundable tickets.

In order to cover pre-existing conditions we book within two weeks and then add the airfare later, paying difference in insurance amounts.

In order to cover pre-existing conditions we book within two weeks and then add the airfare later, paying difference in insurance amounts.

Get a travel related credit card like United Explorer VISA, which will cover the cost of airfare purchased with that card.

hey there!

I forgot to get trip insurance within two weeks of booking a land vacation. I'm at 2.5 weeks now. Does anyone know of trip insurance you can buy within 3 weeks of booking? Thanks!

More information needed. Is this an international trip? Are you more concerned with medical or loss of prepayments for hotels or Air BnB.

If it’s medical you can buy through Geoblu at anytime up to point of leaving.

hey there!

There are many travel insurance policies that offer a pre-existing condition waver when purchased within 21 days of your initial booking. I normally purchase travel insurance through the websites, squaremouth.com or insure my trip.com. With those sites, you can enter info about your trip and costs and be presented with a list of policies.

Neal

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If pre existing conditions is your concern, Generali Travel Insurance has a plan https://www.generalitravelinsurance.com/view-travel-insurance-plans which covers your PEC up until final cruise payment.

If its cancellation coverages that is your concern, you usually have to buy within 48 hours of your cruise deposit (in order to cover it) but you can add additional trip segments (air, hotel, excursions, etc) to your insurance coverage afterwards/as you buy.

If its medical + evacuation coverages or other IN TRIP coverages, you can buy travel insurance up to the day prior to departure. (of course, no cancellation coverages would apply then).