Booking the adjacent Concierge class room to Royal Suite

andnosyd

I would call Celebrity or your TA and inquire. We have booked a suite on the Edge and our daughter is in the adjoining inside room. Our TA has confirmed that she will have suite privileges of luminae, the retreat lounge and sun deck.

It is essentially becoming a two bedroom suite.

How old is your daughter? If she's an adult, I'd try to get that guarantee in writing to take with you.

Yes, I know that. I was responding to another post with our experience of observing children in Luminae:)

Yes, that post was mine and I was not commenting on the minimum age that was allowed into Luminae, rather the age of a child not in a suite who could eat in Luiminae with his/.her parents in a suite without having to pay as a guest.

We have a Royal Suite booked for next year on the Constellation for the 4 of us and the Concierge room next to it is available. Since we are traveling with our 2 kids, we thought it may be a good idea to book that room so they have their own bedroom/bathroom. However, if we book this, am I correct in assuming they will be able to join us in Michaels Club and Luminae? If not, I'll just keep the 1 suite. Thanks!

You should have no problem at all with kids who are 4 and 6.

For anyone who can easily afford to book the connecting concierge cabin for the children, I would say definitely go ahead and do so immediately (before someone else gets it) as it will make the cruise so much more comfortable and enjoyable for you.

From Celebrity's website:

"The fee per non-suite guest will be $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $30 for dinner. These fees are waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under."

But for any passengers to whom a royal suite is a splurge and who do not choose (or cannot afford) to pay for an additional cabin, the living room of the royal suite is large enough that you can block off part of it as a makeshift "bedroom" for the children, if you wish to do so.

Edited by fleckle

You should have no problem at all with kids who are 4 and 6.

For anyone who can easily afford to book the connecting concierge cabin for the children, I would say definitely go ahead and do so immediately (before someone else gets it) as it will make the cruise so much more comfortable and enjoyable for you.

From Celebrity's website:

"The fee per non-suite guest will be $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $30 for dinner. These fees are waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under."

But for any passengers to whom a royal suite is a splurge and who do not choose (or cannot afford) to pay for an additional cabin, the living room of the royal suite is large enough that you can block off part of it as a makeshift "bedroom" for the children, if you wish to do so.

Good catch on that one, so this whole question becomes moot because of their age.

I would call Celebrity or your TA and inquire. We have booked a suite on the Edge and our daughter is in the adjoining inside room. Our TA has confirmed that she will have suite privileges of luminae, the retreat lounge and sun deck.

It is essentially becoming a two bedroom suite.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I recall reading that guests in connecting suite rooms are welcome to use the retreat but not Luminae, unless it's on a pay per meal basis as your invited guest. If correct then hopefully your TA will have explained that so you don't face any nasty surprises when on board. :)

Thanks for the replies about my adjoining stateroom. My daughter will be celebrating her 27th birthday on board and traveling with her boyfriend. We thought it would be fun to travel together and when the TA said the adjoining room received suite benefits with the exception of the go best we decided to jump on it.

Now I'm definitely thinking I better confirm all of this in writing otherwise I'll be rethinking this cruise. Don't plan on shelling out a fortune for an edge suite to pay extra for them to dine in Luminae but I also don't plan on dining in the MDR if I've paid for a suite.

Thanks for the replies about my adjoining stateroom. My daughter will be celebrating her 27th birthday on board and traveling with her boyfriend. We thought it would be fun to travel together and when the TA said the adjoining room received suite benefits with the exception of the go best we decided to jump on it.

Now I'm definitely thinking I better confirm all of this in writing otherwise I'll be rethinking this cruise. Don't plan on shelling out a fortune for an edge suite to pay extra for them to dine in Luminae but I also don't plan on dining in the MDR if I've paid for a suite.

Definitely get it all in writing and take it on board with you.

Our adult son often travels with us in a RS. We took the first cruise after the suite life was introduced. We noticed his premium drinks package was not indicated on his room key. We were then told initially said the premium package was only for the first two guests.....We showed them the documentation from their own website and our email confirmation to ‘prove’ it should be included....

Don’t get me wrong, it was no big deal and they were very nice about it and apologised for the confusion but if I was cruising on any ship with ‘new’ or changed conditions I would want everything in black and white.....

If this were allowed, it would definitely be a change in policy. The official policy, at least. There might be some leniency aboard the ship (being allowed in Michael's Club for a trip or two or maybe not charging you for one meal in Luminae) but to this point, adults in adjoining or connecting staterooms do not automatically also become suite guests with all of the suite guest perks. You are, after all, just paying the regular fare for that second room. I'd be interested in the response you get when you ask for it in writing.

And in writing from the travel agent is not the same thing as Celebrity OKing it. I would be extremely surprised if this was allowed. If so many people could have their friends or family members in adjoining cabins and not be paying Suite prices but getting the benefits!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I could be wrong but I'm sure I recall reading that guests in connecting suite rooms are welcome to use the retreat but not Luminae

At this time, I do not believe there are any ships with the Retreat. Do you mean Michael's Club instead?

At this time, I do not believe there are any ships with the Retreat. Do you mean Michael's Club instead?

No I meant the retreat because the post I replied to was discussing a future booking on Edge.

I believe the poster has been misinformed by her TA.

Here in the UK we have a TA with their own live TV show. They sell cruises for various lines including Celebrity who feature heavily on the show. Their presenters are regularly on the ships and senior Celebrity management are regularly interviewed on the show. In short, they have a strong relationship with X and have done so for years.

Last week however I was watching a show and the conversation when selling a cruise on Constellation went something like this...

Presenter 1: "This price is for Aqua Class. Aqua Class is top calss, you get a butler and everything else..."

Immediately followed by presenter 2 " Constellation has been fully modernised and is now full Millennium class".

Obviously both presernters were confused!

Like your situation and your TA I don't think anyone is being deliberately misled, but I do know they make mistakes, they're only human and with so many facts to remember it's inevitable. We've seen on here very recently that some TA's are not up to speed with policy changes etc so always check.

I'd agree 100% with Helen Haywood too that just because you might get something in writing from a TA, it does not mean it will be honoured by Celebrity if they have made a mistake. I'd go a step further and say it's not worth the paper it's written on.

So definitely go back to your TA and have them check about Luminae for none suite guests. I fully expect you to be told it is available on a pay per use basis for them. But also bear in mind it is also on a space availabllity basis too. On our last sailing my friends parents accompanied us and they were not in a suite. They attempted to join us in Luminae four times but were only successful three because on one night the restaurant was at full capacity.

At least you'll find out now though and not after you have boarded! :)

Why would you sell connecting rooms that don't even have access to the same dining room?

Sure, perhaps some groups of friends book connecting rooms, but I think these are typically the domain of families.

Why would I book my kids in a CC and myself and DH in an RS if they couldn't embark, disembark, eat with us.... etc. Seems crazy.

The rooms were built as connecting rooms long before the suite perks were a gleam in anyone's eye.

Your kids can dine, etc. with you if they are not adults. The dynamic changes when adults are involved. They probably should make it part of the suite when booked to be connecting with a suite, but the price would certainly be higher.

Here in the UK we have a TA with their own live TV show. They sell cruises for various lines including Celebrity who feature heavily on the show. Their presenters are regularly on the ships and senior Celebrity management are regularly interviewed on the show. In short, they have a strong relationship with X and have done so for years.

Last week however I was watching a show and the conversation when selling a cruise on Constellation went something like this...

Presenter 1: "This price is for Aqua Class. Aqua Class is top calss, you get a butler and everything else..."

Immediately followed by presenter 2 " Constellation has been fully modernised and is now full Millennium class".

Obviously both presernters were confused!

Like your situation and your TA I don't think anyone is being deliberately misled, but I do know they make mistakes, they're only human and with so many facts to remember it's inevitable. We've seen on here very recently that some TA's are not up to speed with policy changes etc so always check.

I'd agree 100% with Helen Haywood too that just because you might get something in writing from a TA, it does not mean it will be honoured by Celebrity if they have made a mistake. I'd go a step further and say it's not worth the paper it's written on.

So definitely go back to your TA and have them check about Luminae for none suite guests. I fully expect you to be told it is available on a pay per use basis for them. But also bear in mind it is also on a space availabllity basis too. On our last sailing my friends parents accompanied us and they were not in a suite. They attempted to join us in Luminae four times but were only successful three because on one night the restaurant was at full capacity.

At least you'll find out now though and not after you have boarded! :)

The whole point is moot with children based upon the fact that kids under 12 can eat for free in Luminae if they are in a cabin other than suite. Parents just go as suite guests and kids are free. Adults, I would definitely get it in writing.

The whole point is moot with children based upon the fact that kids under 12 can eat for free in Luminae if they are in a cabin other than suite. Parents just go as suite guests and kids are free. Adults, I would definitely get it in writing.

My post was in direct reply to a poster other than the op. Her 'child' is 27.

Does that make your 'moot' comment also 'moot'? :)

My post was in direct reply to a poster other than the op. Her 'child' is 27.

Does that make your 'moot' comment also 'moot'? :)

I was summarizing and actually agreed with your comment about getting it in writing. Before you write a snarky response perhaps you should actually read the post.

I was summarizing and actually agreed with your comment about getting it in writing. Before you write a snarky response perhaps you should actually read the post.

Sighs... If you'd have actually read my post you'd understand there was no need for your response. If you think I'm being snarky, simply place me on ignore to avoid either of us wasting any more time. I really don't have time for forum BS. Simple. :)

Sighs... If you'd have actually read my post you'd understand there was no need for your response. If you think I'm being snarky, simply place me on ignore to avoid either of us wasting any more time. I really don't have time for forum BS. Simple. :)

Who made you a moderator and decides who responds or not. Wow.

Grow up Don.

Lets see, I agree with you and you give me a snarky response and then tell me I should not post and you are telling me to grow up. Appears someone can't admit when their wrong which you were. Never been attacked on this board for agreeing with someone, that's a first.

Lets see, I agree with you and you give me a snarky response and then tell me I should not post and you are telling me to grow up. Appears someone can't admit when their wrong which you were. Never been attacked on this board for agreeing with someone, that's a first.

You've mistaken my comments because you've jumped onto a post I specifically aimed at someone else, hence me quoting them. Then when I've explained things you've mistaken my comment as 'snark'. If you can get your head around that then all is good.

I don't really think you moderator comments were particularly mature though Don. Do you? Anyway, do we really want this thread to descend into the gutter any further?

By all means place me on ignore then they'll be no further misunderstandings. The subject is now closed as far as I'm concerned.

You've mistaken my comments because you've jumped onto a post I specifically aimed at someone else, hence me quoting them.

People quote others' post for a number of valid reasons and posts are open for all to read an respond to. With all the will in the world, most of us are not able to read the mind of someone who writes a post. Perhaps, if it offends you and you wish to restrict who reads and responds to one of your posts, perhaps you should be more specific or communicate with them in some other way.

People quote others' post for a number of valid reasons and posts are open for all to read an respond to. With all the will in the world, most of us are not able to read the mind of someone who writes a post. Perhaps, if it offends you and you wish to restrict who reads and responds to one of your posts, perhaps you should be more specific or communicate with them in some other way.

I thought I was helping the poster who seems to have been given bad advice by her TA.

I'm certainly not offended I just have no time for pointless comments. That's not the same thing.

How do you think I should have communicated with the lady that appears to have been given poor advice?

People quote others' post for a number of valid reasons and posts are open for all to read an respond to.

Sue,

I am off topic, but I see you are on Silhouette for the Christmas. We are doing Millennium in S.E. Asia for Christmas this year. We will miss sailing with y'all. :)