Celebrity Cruises price drop before final payment

Pean

We have a cruise booked for April with final payment due in January. Our cabin has dropped over $1000. When I rang up to get the drop I was told I would lose the $800 deposit as I would have to cancel the old booking and make a new one. As my old booking also contains $400 OBC which I would lose it is not worth doing. Has the way Celebrity handles price drops changed as I am sure this was not always the case and the booking could be repriced and not cancelled. Just curious really as I know I was happy with the price when I booked so shouldn't really expect the drop.

Thought I would be better posting here as different rules for different countries.

We have a cruise booked for April with final payment due in January. Our cabin has dropped over $1000. When I rang up to get the drop I was told I would lose the $800 deposit as I would have to cancel the old booking and make a new one. As my old booking also contains $400 OBC which I would lose it is not worth doing. Has the way Celebrity handles price drops changed as I am sure this was not always the case and the booking could be repriced and not cancelled. Just curious really as I know I was happy with the price when I booked so shouldn't really expect the drop.

Thought I would be better posting here as different rules for different countries.

depends if its for new bookings only and if so you might miss out, on one of my cruises i have booked the cruise dropped in price but i have princess Ezair booked which that was booked with a good discount but its not combinable with the cheaper cruise fare so i miss out too

you could ring again and you might get a different agent, no harm in trying

Bit of a thread hijack, but an example of pricing... three Princess cruises we are booked on next year, I paid in AUD per person twin share, on 6 October....

Cruise:

1. $ 2059 (7 night cruise on Sapphire Princess)

2. $ 4119 (14 night cruise on Sapphire Princess)

3. $ 3399 (12 night cruise on Royal Princess)

On 1 November they went up to..

1. $2749

2. $4789

3. $3499

What amazes me is the price rise on the 7 night cruise, an increase of $690 or just on $100 per day more !!!!

A couple of days ago a friend and his wife decided to join us on cruise 2 after pondering for a week. As a result it cost them $670 extra each !! :( Not happy Jan !

Just shows how all cruise lines play ducks and drakes with pricing.:evilsmile:

I have never received a price drop for my cabin but I have upgraded to a better category cabin (i.e balcony to a concierge or a suite in one case) for a little extra or no extra without losing the perks. Call your agent or call them direct and see what they can do.

Which cruise are you on?

We book all our Celebrity cruises in the US (we are from Perth). Pricing is 99% of the time cheaper (taking foreign currency exchange etc into consideration). Price drops prior to final payment (unless conditions state otherwise - ie for new bookings only) are as simple as emailing the agent we use. Never been knocked back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which cruise are you on?

We book all our Celebrity cruises in the US (we are from Perth). Pricing is 99% of the time cheaper (taking foreign currency exchange etc into consideration). Price drops prior to final payment (unless conditions state otherwise - ie for new bookings only) are as simple as emailing the agent we use. Never been knocked back.

We are on Southern Caribbean 1st April. Under manage reservation it states cancellation less than 150 days before departure lose deposit. I have previously been able to claim price drops between 150 days out and final payment but it appears they are now classing that as cancellations. Price has gone back up now anyway :(

We have a Celebrity cruise booked departing 26 April with final payment being due 19 January. It seems that we are disadvantaged booking in Au. Looks like ours is about 100 days out. Perhaps booking in the US is worth thinking about. Celebrity and RCL have no problem with us booking in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Forums