Escape early arrival in Miami 11/4

BikerAl

They said there was a medical emergency on a ship I was on also. No medical emergency. It was a jumper/suicide yet they told all passengers another story. I'm just saying just because Norwegian comes in to follow up, it doesn't clarify what really happened. They want good PR, bottom line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Doubt they lied to passengers. All has to be documented through the gov’t and there would be a death report listed.

Other medical emergencies are private in nature and should be respected in such a way.

To use rumors from other passengers and maybe someone in the crew that has no authority to speak of the type of emergency is not a reliable source.

Kind of like CNN editing a video of Trump feeding fish in Japan and not provide the whole story/video/picture. Get facts first before spreading rumors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know from first hand knowledge NCL did not disclose a death on the ship I was on. It was a Code Oscar/Code Alpha later to be told all passengers were accounted for. The passenger jumped and landed directly in front of my friend. The passenger never hit the water, he landed 8 stories below. All im saying is NCL will and can say what is needed at times like this.

I know from first hand knowledge NCL did not disclose a death on the ship I was on. It was a Code Oscar/Code Alpha later to be told all passengers were accounted for. The passenger jumped and landed directly in front of my friend. The passenger never hit the water, he landed 8 stories below. All im saying is NCL will and can say what is needed at times like this.

So all persons were accounted for even the one who fell on the deck below.

To me that is protocol to make sure no one went overboard into the ocean. And to make sure everyone is accounted for on the ship.

I feel sorry for the person and their family and people that witnessed the fall, but to say NCL lies is way off base in regards to emergencies and deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not saying NCL is not being truthful in that post, but I am wondering what type of medical emergency/illness/injury would cause a person to lose so much blood that an on-board blood transfusion would be necessary. I would think a very grave injury (such as a stabbing) would be the likely cause

Hint: Almost all blood tramsfusions given do not involve a stabbing.

So when someone goes to guest services to ask what happened and they are told it was a medical emergency is that disclosing the truth?

The person going to guest services has no need to know, and should simply be told that a situation is being handled and is under control. Telling them it was a medical emergency was nto necessary, but it is certainly not lying.

Hint: Almost all blood tramsfusions given do not involve a stabbing.

lol captain obvious, of course I know this...many times it's excessive bleeding during surgery or post surgery (which I assume was not the case for the ncl passenger)...also, there is the case of internal bleeding, but for that much blood loss for an emergency transfusion, I would think an injury of some sort would be involved...it was supposedly an emergency transfusion to save the person's life--I can't imagine that being undertaken onboard a ship unless a very serious injury had occurred

lol captain obvious, of course I know this...many times it's excessive bleeding during surgery or post surgery (which I assume was not the case for the ncl passenger)...also, there is the case of internal bleeding, but for that much blood loss for an emergency transfusion, I would think an injury of some sort would be involved...it was supposedly an emergency transfusion to save the person's life--I can't imagine that being undertaken onboard a ship unless a very serious injury had occurred

A few years ago my mother had un-diagnosed bleeding stomach ulcers and lost a huge amount of blood. She simply fainted and almost bled out. She said she didn't feel any pain, just woke up in the hospital where she required 5 pints of blood.

I was on the same cruise and heard stabbing as well

I guarantee that on any cruise, I could hang at a bar and discuss a stabbing incident that never happened, and within a day it would be being discussed all over the ship. A week later people would be discussing it as fact on Cruise Critic since they were on that cruise so they supposedly know.

I was on the ship also when this incident occurred. There was quite a few thing said about why we were docking in Miami by 11:00 PM the night before we were due in port. Someone told my sister and I someone was stabbed. Others stated that it was an medical emergency with no details for the reason. However, I did see an emergency helicopter approaching the ship and prior to that did hear a coded announcement meant for the crew. We still did not receive a clear explanation so I'm with all of the posters and once again I was on the ship.

Sent prayers for all that were involved.

I am not saying NCL is not being truthful in that post, but I am wondering what type of medical emergency/illness/injury would cause a person to lose so much blood that an on-board blood transfusion would be necessary. I would think a very grave injury (such as a stabbing) would be the likely cause

A hemophiliac with a cut could need a transfusion if the bleeding wouldn't stop.

Someone with extremely low hemoglobin count could require a transfusion if during the cruise the count got dangerously low.