Wine allotment on a 14 day cruise

ddberry

I don't think it make much difference. Since it's actually two cruises you're allowed 2 bottles each cruise- (1 per person) without having to pay the $15 charge.

But, if it's booked as a 14 night cruise, that's only "one" cruise. If it's booked as 2 B2B 7 night cruises, then the allotment would be doubled.

But, if it's booked as a 14 night cruise, that's only "one" cruise. If it's booked as 2 B2B 7 night cruises, then the allotment would be doubled.

Not always. We booked a 14 night East/West Caribbean cruise on the Regal last Thanksgiving. We got 2 cruise credits as we would have if we had booked it as 2 7 day b2b cruises. Princess, and the art gallery saw it as 2 7 day cruises. We even had to swap out our AIBP sticker on the room keycard on turnaround day.

Not always. We booked a 14 night East/West Caribbean cruise on the Regal last Thanksgiving. We got 2 cruise credits as we would have if we had booked it as 2 7 day b2b cruises. Princess, and the art gallery saw it as 2 7 day cruises. We even had to swap out our AIBP sticker on the room keycard on turnaround day.

Sounds like the same thing we booked, east west Caribbean leaving January 7th

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If what you say is correct then just get off the ship, restock and re-board with the additional 2 bottles.

I have hear others say they were allowed the full allotment on the first boarding when doing a B2B.

We are doing a 14 day cruise on the Regal in January

I board with a case for most 14 day+ cruises. Wine is a grey area on the Princess contract for embarkation.

I generally take bottles Princess will not have on their wine list and I don't try to hide what I am bringing. I've checked the cardboard and styrofoam box (U-Haul has really good low cost ones) in the past but am bringing some older vintages this time since we are not flying and those will be hand carried on.

Bring wine, pay corkage on what you bring to the public areas to be opened, and enjoy your cruise.

Next time, consider Oceania. Bring both unlimited wine and spirits for cabin consumption. However, there is a corkage charge if you want to take your wine to any dining venue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And what does your post have to do with the Princess wine policy??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am not sure with all the double-speak and miscellaneous comments whether it's totally clear.

The OP & cabinmate of legal drinking age (21) will be allowed up to 4 bottles in total for the two weeks. At the worst situation, OP would need to bring the 3rd and 4th bottles on at the mid-point turnaround day in Port Everglades. That said, many cruisers have posted that upon explaining their situation and showing boarding pass or proof of sailing B2B, they are not charged corkage for the additional two free bottles upon initial check-in.

This is very reasonable of Princess and makes it convenient for the passenger. Of course, the OP can bring on board any number of bottles if more are desired for 14-nights and simply pay the corkage fee on the extras.

I expect six of my bottles will not be assessed a corkage fee when we board Island on Jan 24 as we booked three separate segments for this 60-night voyage. I didn't do it because of the wine, but it's a nice bonus. I am only mentioning it because they are not B2B, rather portions of a full 60-night voyage. I will have all boarding passes with me for initial check-in at Port Everglades.

That said, many cruisers have posted that upon explaining their situation and showing boarding pass or proof of sailing B2B, they are not charged corkage for the additional two free bottles upon initial check-in.

This is the most important part to remember if you don't want to leave the ship on layover day.