Allure - 1st night done right is Giovanni's or Samba only

Hi Everyone,

Got off Allure recently and I purchased the First Night Done Right and my intention was to use it for Chops.

I clearly should have searched these boards before I purchased, because there are reports here that Allure will only offer Giovanni or Samba.

When I boarded I went to deck 5 where you book your specialty restaurant's and I told him I wanted to use it for Chops, he said no, only Giovanni or Samba. I pushed back and he stood his ground. He told me when you buy the First Night Done Right it says "Only valid for Giovanni's or Samba". I explained to him it doesn't say that. He said if I could provide him with my confirmation where it doesn't say that, he'll let me book Chops..... Darn, I didn't have my confirmation, lol.

I feel 99.9% confident it doesn't say that when you book it, so as a heads up to future cruisers, bring your confirmation with you, and they might let you book something different. Good luck.

I ended up booking Samba for 6pm that night, but when I got to Samba he said no-one booked me and I was booked into Giovanni. So no idea what that first guy did.

On a side note, great cruise. I wish I had more than 7 days on such a big ship. Lot's to explore and lot's to do. Had a blast. :)

Hi Everyone,

Got off Allure recently and I purchased the First Night Done Right and my intention was to use it for Chops.

I clearly should have searched these boards before I purchased, because there are reports here that Allure will only offer Giovanni or Samba.

When I boarded I went to deck 5 where you book your specialty restaurant's and I told him I wanted to use it for Chops, he said no, only Giovanni or Samba. I pushed back and he stood his ground. He told me when you buy the First Night Done Right it says "Only valid for Giovanni's or Samba". I explained to him it doesn't say that. He said if I could provide him with my confirmation where it doesn't say that, he'll let me book Chops..... Darn, I didn't have my confirmation, lol.

I feel 99.9% confident it doesn't say that when you book it, so as a heads up to future cruisers, bring your confirmation with you, and they might let you book something different. Good luck.

I ended up booking Samba for 6pm that night, but when I got to Samba he said no-one booked me and I was booked into Giovanni. So no idea what that first guy did.

On a side note, great cruise. I wish I had more than 7 days on such a big ship. Lot's to explore and lot's to do. Had a blast. :)

Same thing happened to us on Allure in July. They would not budge and let us use it for Chops, so we ended up cancelling it onboard and getting it credited as it was no advantage to us having a BOGO night one and two anyway.

Cruised twice in the last two months on Liberty and did Chops on FNDR both times.

Maybe different on different class ships?

It is only on Oasis class that this is an issue. The other classes of ships do not have the variety of specialty restaurants to limit the choices and Chops is priced less on the other classes.

Last April they offered the same two choices on the Allure but they allowed us to switch to 100 Park for the price we paid for FNDR plus an up charge of I think an additional $10pp. We did and the meal was very good but I think we will just stick to the regular venues next June on the Allure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums