Flight Time Home - Allure to FLL / Only For those that have taken early flights

js

Thank you all so much!

If I'm able to find a flight at 9 am I think I would feel okay booking it after reading up the last few months and on this thread.

8:30 am, I may still push it but hoping a 9 am - 11 am will work.

I appreciate everyone that responded. JetBlue opens flights on Sunday and although waiting for Southwest, if JetBlue has decent prices and times, I may just book that. There is a 10 am on United from FLL - EWR that was $200 yesterday but now $280 or something today, one way. The legacy carriers are very expensive, hoping I'll see something little better with JetBlue but even they have been priced high lately.

Just of Allure Sunday Nov. 5, 2017 ..

lined up at 5:45....starting disembarkment at 6:30 (was 5th in line on Aft line)....was through customs, in cab, got luggage tags (already had boarding pass)....checked bags, through security (JETBLUE) at 7:15...Flight was at 9:40...plenty of time left to sit in airport.

Wow, you could have even made an 8:30 am flight. I don't think I'll have an 8:30 am option or 9 am but hoping.

Hope you had a great cruise!

Coming from the Allure, we had an 1130am flight. We had hours to kill before the flight, and we did regular disembarkation.

The earliest flight out of FLL we've ever made was at 830am, and that was after disembarking the MSC Divina in Miami. We did self debarkation on that cruise and took an Uber to the airport. We made it there by 730am. Mind you that we weren't booked on that 830am. We were planning on taking a later flight but we got to the port early enough to standby on the earlier flight. Lines at the airport that early in the morning, both at the ticket counter and TSA were non existent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a 10:20 in Feb and I am in a panic. I never book that early of a flight but it was all that was available at the time. Fingers crossed that we will be OK!

My goodness' date=' where in the world were you headed that more than 3 months out there were NO available flights at all after 10:20??? That seems very odd.

There is a 10 am on United from FLL - EWR that was $200 yesterday but now $280 or something today, one way. The legacy carriers are very expensive, .

$200 to go from Florida to NYC area doesn't seem expensive to me. YMMV

In July, I walked off Allure at 7:05 and was at the airport at 7:15 or so. I didn't have any baggage to check and I am a TSA precheck, so was at the gate by 7:30. My flight was scheduled for 10:50 and when I got to the airport, I saw there was an 8:15 AM flight.

I was going to change to that earlier flight until I was told it was going to be $300 per person to change. Although I'd have gotten home 5 hours earlier, I didn't feel it was worth $600 to make the change.

I am afraid to try to make the 8:15 flight again in January, so I am taking the 10:50 flight and this time I will have luggage.

My goodness, where in the world were you headed that more than 3 months out there were NO available flights at all after 10:20??? That seems very odd.

Sorry, let me clarify....there was nothing other than a 8:10PM or a 10:10 PM and I didn't want to have to wait around all day.

My goodness, where in the world were you headed that more than 3 months out there were NO available flights at all after 10:20??? That seems very odd.

$200 to go from Florida to NYC area doesn't seem expensive to me. YMMV

$400 Roundtrip is a little higher than what I usually spend. For winter months, I usually spend about $300. I think $400 r/t is a little high for August.

9:45 flight. At airport at 7:10. Through bag drop and security by 7:40. Lined up at 6:00 onboard with bags.

Very similar with us add 10 mins to arrival and bag drop--fully comfortable with a 9:30 flight PROVIDING you carry off all luggage

You can also fly out of MIA--add about 15-20 mins to get there

Edited by Hotel CA
addition

Just a word of caution- we got off the allure on Sunday. No problem we walked off the ship at 9 we’re through customs and with our luggage and took Uber to the airport. The security line for southwest was about 1.5 hours. They shut precheck down and put everyone through the same line. It was the worst security Iine of any airport I have ever been in (and I flew to NYC September 20, 2001). The airport claimed southwest booked too many flights but there were only 3 ships in port that day.

Just a word of caution- we got off the allure on Sunday. No problem we walked off the ship at 9 we’re through customs and with our luggage and took Uber to the airport. The security line for southwest was about 1.5 hours. They shut precheck down and put everyone through the same line. It was the worst security Iine of any airport I have ever been in (and I flew to NYC September 20, 2001). The airport claimed southwest booked too many flights but there were only 3 ships in port that day.

Hi. Is it correct you walked off at 9 am not that you lined up at 6 and off at 9 or was it later? Im asking since I had also read that this Sunday people got off and through customs early and wighout problems but I would guess it would be worse as the morning progressed. Were there many getting off at that time? Did you have enough time for your flight and most importantly how was your trip? Thanks!

Edited by js

Hi. Is it correct you walked off at 9 am not that you lined up at 6 and off at 9 or was it later? Im asking since I had also read that this Sunday people got off and through customs early and wighout problems but I would guess it would be worse as the morning progressed. Were there many getting off at that time? Did you have enough time for your flight and most importantly how was your trip? Thanks!

Yes, our flight was at 1 so we weren’t in a hurry so we didn’t leave early and line up. I was just shocked at the total incompetent cluster FLL was. And warn people that having precheck may not help.

My goodness' date=' where in the world were you headed that more than 3 months out there were NO available flights at all after 10:20??? That seems very odd.

Sorry, let me clarify....there was nothing other than a 8:10PM or a 10:10 PM and I didn't want to have to wait around all day.[/quote']

Ok, but I'm guessing you are limiting yourself to one particular airline for some reason? And/or limiting yourself to only nonstop flights for some reason?

Just got off the Allure this Sunday. Flight was 8:45 am.

Allure arrived around 515 AM but wasn't fully docked until between 545 AM 6:00 AM (gangways up/trucks allowed in to resupply/remove stuff). I cant tell you exact time because it was a very slow process and it was like watching paint dry. So i relaxed on the couch until we were cleared. I didn't hear any announcement but we left our room at 6:10 (see below) when i saw the officers start walking on the gangway.

6:10 - We left our rooms (apparently folks were waiting in the amber theater/ and ???) from 6 AM earlier. These guys got off first.

6:18 - walked off the boat onto the gangway

6:26 - cleared customs (nothing to declare)

6:38 - arrived at airport

6:40 - 6:58 - had first class tickets but was requested to use the automated machines by United personnel/then Significant Other (GRRR). It took forever

7:01 - cleared security with TSA precheck - we skipped like 20-30 people in line going through regular security screening

We was at our gate at 7:10 with plenty of time to spare.

We took a chance and we made it...but if the ship is late for any reason (our carnival cruise arrived 2 hours late before ) you wont make your flight.

We have an 11:30 flight next June. Is it easier to just self disembark and what time should we head off the ship.....would 8:00 be a good time? We had a later flight last April and used luggage valet but all the lines were very slow and long....customs, taxi and FLL was a zoo

We have an 11:30 flight next June. Is it easier to just self disembark and what time should we head off the ship.....would 8:00 be a good time? We had a later flight last April and used luggage valet but all the lines were very slow and long....customs, taxi and FLL was a zoo

I would just self-disembark at 6:45 - 7AM and head to the airport.

If your flight is 1130 I would defer to still using the luggage valet which takes your bags to the airport. Much easier and less headache dragging your bags off the ship. You can still leave the ship earlier you want to avoid the craziness of peak disembark guest times. I would gladly trade long elevator wait times/ long lines to get off the ship/ and custom line back logs for a 2-3 hours of sitting in the airport. However that's just me :)

Please also remember if you cant handle all of your bags while self disembarking on the escalator the attendant will try to force you to use the elevator for the safety of others. One glance at the elevator and I could tell that during the more busy times theirs a huge back log of people getting on the elevator which could maybe delay you by 20-30 min or more. I had 2 huge bags and I ignored him and got on the escalator anyway. However I am a big man and was able to hold the hand rail and my two bags easily. I made sure to instruct my SO to handle her bags accordingly in advance so we wouldn't be forced in the mandatory elevator line. I could see someone not as strong or someone not paying attention dropping their luggage accidentally on the folks below them causing a nightmare.