Anthem Balcony during winter cruise?

Jcol5786

Thinking about a Feb 2019 cruise on Anthem. Up to now we have cruised out of Florida and have always had and enjoyed a balcony room. We are much closer to NY then Florida so sailing on Anthem definitely is a good option for us. I am wondering however if it makes sense to get a balcony room for this sailing since there will be 3 or 4 days during the cruise when it probably will not be warm enough to enjoy the balcony? The front facing OV rooms look nice and I'd even consider a VB interior as I think the multi-view option might be interesting. Just wondering if other balcony cruisers change their room preference during these winter cruises leaving from NY or do you just stick with the balcony and enjoy it when you can?

On the anthem now. Cruised in November obviously first day was slightly cool by the next morning it was warmer. Today day 7 is definitely cool on there this morning. So I'd say it's only two days

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’ve done several January cruises out of Baltimore, which is similarly cold and not that far away. One of my absolute favorite things is showing up on the cruise ship, wearing Uggs and sweaters, and having snow on my balcony. After sail away, I check the “snow status” a few times throughout the afternoon/evening, and then by the time we wake up the next morning the snow is all gone and the air is starting to get warm. That progression from snowy cold to Caribbean warmth feels magical to me (Yes, I know how weather and geography work, but it feels magical nonetheless).

So I’m very fond of balconies on winter cruises, but you have to choose what’s best for you. There’s nothing wrong with saving some money by buying a different kind of room and using that money to enhance your fun in another way. If I were going that route, I’d probably choose the VB because that also seems like a unique experience and you can’t get it on many other ships. Then again, the front facing OV could make you feel special because you have the “captain’s view.”

Bottom line is you are going on vacation. There’s no wrong answer. Enjoy!

We have a balcony this January and had one on the Quantum 3 years ago and before that on the explorer. Within a day you will enjoy having the balcony. On the other hand its your money so you have to decide how to spend it. whatever you do, enjoy!

We have cruised out of NYC a few times now in winter and always get a balcony. We use it everyday!

2 days of cold is no biggie for us. We like the space, the view and the fresh air!

I have a balcony booked for my upcoming Anthem cruise in March, and I couldn’t be happier with my choice.

Thinking about a Feb 2019 cruise on Anthem. Up to now we have cruised out of Florida and have always had and enjoyed a balcony room. We are much closer to NY then Florida so sailing on Anthem definitely is a good option for us. I am wondering however if it makes sense to get a balcony room for this sailing since there will be 3 or 4 days during the cruise when it probably will not be warm enough to enjoy the balcony? The front facing OV rooms look nice and I'd even consider a VB interior as I think the multi-view option might be interesting. Just wondering if other balcony cruisers change their room preference during these winter cruises leaving from NY or do you just stick with the balcony and enjoy it when you can?

Most of the winter cruises a balcony is usually within $!00-$200 of an inside. They usually offer free upgrades. But with your C&A discount it will even the price.

Yes, it's cold one day south and one day north.

Thanks for the replies. We did notice that there seems to be less of a range in price between interior and balcony on Anthem then with other ships. In addition this cruise is already much less then what we are paying for a balcony for our two Oasis class cruises so we will probably go ahead and get a balcony room.