Fare Viewer

mdsgu

I don't know. Someone on another thread suggested it was a low priority fix as far as Carnival is concerned. I tend to agree.

Meanwhile you can do a mock booking for your exact cabin type/date/ship to check rates. I do that for both currently booked cruises. Takes more steps and more time, but you can get the information.

Happy sailing.

I've just always done a mock booking.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, today I happened to see a CC post that some rates had gone down, so I did a mock booking and came up with a $20 savings plus $50 OBC.

When I called Carnival, they couldn't see that in their system, and in fact said the price was a little higher than I had booked at. I did it again while on the phone with them, choosing a cabin that was right next door (same category) as the one I already had booked, same result. The Carnival rep went outside their system and confirmed what I had found, and got a manager involved to get the me deal.

I was told it's a low priority, as they are having to do allot of work on their site and this and other corrections are on hold :(

I have to say that after many, many years working in IT for two very large companies that this sort of attitude towards a customer-facing portion of the corporate web site would not be tolerated in those companies. Someone(s) would lose their job if that was the excuse for not fixing something that customers use (or, in this case, try to use) on a regular basis.

Edit: BTW ziggy7, I wasn't criticizing you or your comment, I know you're just sharing what you've heard/read.

Edited by joepeka

Called IT 800 number last week and got the same corporate answer. " We are aware of it and are working on it"!

Just come clean if your not going to fix it say so. It shouldn't take 2 weeks or more to "fix" it.

Doesn't say much for IT!