Plenty of cabs at the port

bedfordmom

Please take taxis or local tours from the local people.NCL tried to tell us there were no taxis and we should take their shuttle for 25 $ per person. Our taxi was 21 plus $. 1 per bag. tours of the city was only $25 with drop off the airport compared to the $50 or person from the ship. please support the local people and tip well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No argument about using "local people", but I'd like to point out that taking the cruise transfer also is using local people. The bus driver is a local resident, the bus will be owned by a local company and the stevedores who will load your luggage on the bus are local residents. You're still benefiting local residents, just different people than if you took a taxi.

Please take taxis or local tours from the local people.NCL tried to tell us there were no taxis and we should take their shuttle for 25 $ per person. Our taxi was 21 plus $. 1 per bag. tours of the city was only $25 with drop off the airport compared to the $50 or person from the ship. please support the local people and tip well.

Royal Caribbean is offering transfers to and from the ship for free for my cruise December 3. Pretty tempting over a $26 taxi fare.

Disagree — more of the money going into NCl coffers and not the locals plus the fact that they lied about no taxis.

Bad logic and bad math. Yes NCL charges more...that's their cut,which they're entitled to, but the bus company, stevedores and bus driver all get paid as a result, and they're all locals, they're just not taxi drivers. It's no different than taking the cruise line transfer versus a taxi at any port in the US. the cruise line doesn't own the bus, the cruise line doesn't employ the driver, The cruise line doesn't employ the stevedores, but they all have work and get paid as a result of the cruise line contracting for buses to transfer their passengers.

As far as taxi availability is concerned, since this was at the start of the cruise season from San Juan, how could the cruise lines be sure that sufficient taxis would be available given the situation in Puerto Rico? You do know that the majority of Puerto Rico still has no electricity weeks after the storm hit, and that other tourism services such as hotels are not back to normal. How would you have liked it if sufficient taxis weren't available and you got stranded at the cruise terminal and missed your flight?

Of course if it is free, I would take it but given the choice of paying double for a couple i would take local taxi. In fact Ncl mistakenly gave us the transfer, being the honest person that I am I checked and found out it was mistakenly delivered to my room. You would have thought that they would have given it for Freee t that point but then offered to charge my room for them and I said no way

Lack of taxis was not an issue and I checked it out prior on cruise critic and trip advisor. I had a late flight so I was not worried plus I would have used Uber outside the port. gates.

Of course if it is free, I would take it but given the choice of paying double for a couple i would take local taxi. In fact Ncl mistakenly gave us the transfer, being the honest person that I am I checked and found out it was mistakenly delivered to my room. You would have thought that they would have given it for Freee t that point but then offered to charge my room for them and I said no way

Ahh...I see what your problem is. Your original post opening and closing lines of Please take taxis or local tours from the local people"and "please support the local people and tip well" aren't written out of concern for the Puerto Rican people...you just have a beef because it costs twice as much for a cruise line transfer as does for a taxi for a couple...something that's true anywhere you go...in fact sometimes the cruise line transfer costs more than double.

"Of course if it is free i would take it" says it all.

And what about the vast majority of travelers who have never even heard of Cruise Critic or TripAdvisor, much less use them to help plan their travel? where will they be getting information from?

Ahh...I see what your problem is. Your original post opening and closing lines of Please take taxis or local tours from the local people"and "please support the local people and tip well" aren't written out of concern for the Puerto Rican people...you just have a beef because it costs twice as much for a cruise line transfer as does for a taxi for a couple...something that's true anywhere you go...in fact sometimes the cruise line transfer costs more than double.

"Of course if it is free i would take it" says it all.

And what about the vast majority of travelers who have never even heard of Cruise Critic or TripAdvisor, much less use them to help plan their travel? where will they be getting information from?

boy aren’t you nasty All I am trying to say is don’t believe the cruise lines lies that there are no taxis. there are plenty of taxis make the best decision for the individual and support the local economy. Ship transfers are not perfect Today one of the buses missed theJet Blue terminal and the participants had to walk. more people are into internet sites than you think horseman

Be sure to look into the luggage transfer part of that before making the decision.

I might do the free transfer to the port, depends on if the free tranfer is going to be a long wait or not. Will play that one by ear. I understand they have a kiosk at the baggage claim. I am not planning to do the free transfer from the port to the airport as I plan on doing self disembark. My flight is an early flight.

boy aren’t you nasty All I am trying to say is don’t believe the cruise lines lies that there are no taxis. there are plenty of taxis make the best decision for the individual and support the local economy. Ship transfers are not perfect Today one of the buses missed theJet Blue terminal and the participants had to walk. more people are into internet sites than you think horseman

Just as an FYI the buses drop everyone at the same spot when going back to the airport. You get out then wait for your luggage to be unloaded from a truck. After claiming your luggage you walk from terminal D back over to the main terminals. Very small distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk