Off allure, first sail, JS with 2 young kids

Lmm79

hi everyone! I just wanted to thank everyone for their help as we prepared for our first cruise. I don’t have time to do a full review but will share a few experiences and answer any questions.

We sailed allure with a 3 year old and a seven year old. We stayed in a jr suite. Most night we ate at coastal kitchen but couldn’t be seated until later (8:30). We were offer house wine, soda and juice free at CK even though we had no drink packages. RC needs to get a new way for JS people to book Ck. We had to call every morning to make reservations but no one ever answered the phone and rarely called back so that was a pain.

Our kids used the kids club a lot and loved it.

We rented a cabana at Labadee. Went to mr sanchos In Cozumel. Stayed on his ship in Jamaica.

Where was Coastal Kitchen? I just got off the Allure today after and don't remember that anywhere. Hope you were able to catch Mama Mia but with two young kids probably not. One of the best shows I've seen. Actors were wonderful.

As for them answering the phone, nobody did unless you let it ring for what seemed like eternity. Staff was friendly as can be but nobody knew anything about what was going on or where to go for anything if it wasn't their own department. Staff is very poorly trained as it certainly isn't their fault. Even the yellow shirts when we first got on, couldn't answer any questions and that was their job. But did love the cruise as the passengers were always fun to be around.

Where was Coastal Kitchen? I just got off the Allure today after and don't remember that anywhere. Hope you were able to catch Mama Mia but with two young kids probably not. One of the best shows I've seen. Actors were wonderful.

As for them answering the phone, nobody did unless you let it ring for what seemed like eternity. Staff was friendly as can be but nobody knew anything about what was going on or where to go for anything if it wasn't their own department. Staff is very poorly trained as it certainly isn't their fault. Even the yellow shirts when we first got on, couldn't answer any questions and that was their job. But did love the cruise as the passengers were always fun to be around.

Coastal Kitchen is on Deck 17 within the Suite Lounge, and is available for all three meals a day for full suite guests and Pinnacle Club members, and for JS guests for dinner only.

Also I saw this question elsewhere- the drink card came out on day 4 and was $85 plus grat. Also there was a beer card avilable for $50 plus grat.

Was beer card also available as day 4 ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you do fix seating for MDR dinner ? If not did you have any problem with the anytime dinning ? Did you have to reserve ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you do fix seating for MDR dinner ? If not did you have any problem with the anytime dinning ? Did you have to reserve ?

We had a 5:30 seating but ate at coastal kitchen most nights. We only did the MDR one night.