Royal Princess HC Seafood?

Working 2 Cruise

I have seen threads on there being seafood in Horizon Court on Royal Princess, such as oysters, clams, etc.

Can someone confirm please? If this is true, it would be great! I've heard it may be on the last day of the cruise but I can't remember!

Taking my son and he is interested in trying oysters. I know we can get them at the Ocean Terrace Bar but would love to have some free ones, in addition to the ones we will order at the bar. We are also planning on having that chili lime crab margarita.

I guess we really love seadood/shellfish!

This is a must try for sea food lovers. On the Royal in the Horizon Court. They serve a Seafood stew it’s sooooo good. Enjoy!!!!!

Tony

My DH had a seafood stew (maybe the same recipe?) in the MDR at lunch on our recently completed TA on the Royal Princess. He couldn't stop praising it during the meal ("the best dish on our 25 day cruise") and asked the waiter if it is ever served at dinner in the MDR. The waiter replied no but didn't tell him it could be found in the Horizon Court. Not sure if I should tell my DH that he missed another opportunity :D.

I have seen threads on there being seafood in Horizon Court on Royal Princess, such as oysters, clams, etc.

Can someone confirm please? If this is true, it would be great! I've heard it may be on the last day of the cruise but I can't remember!

Taking my son and he is interested in trying oysters. I know we can get them at the Ocean Terrace Bar but would love to have some free ones, in addition to the ones we will order at the bar. We are also planning on having that chili lime crab margarita.

Probably none of this applies to your son, who I presume is at least a teen if not adult but I like to educate people about the dangers of eating raw oysters. I'm not against it and I do occasionally eat them myself, but I do think that people need to know this information.

It is very important to know that if you have any kind of immunity problem (cancer patient or any other type of immune disorder) or a liver problem you should never consume raw oysters. Also, it is very important to only get those oysters that have a certification number on the package, if they are loose oysters in a grocery store ask about this before buying. Alternatively pasteurized oysters (in the plastic cans are usually safe. Hopefully Princess knows this and makes sure their oysters are certified.

I went to a friend's large birthday party at a local restaurant, he is on the liver transplant list and he was eating raw oysters - I didn't see it until he had already eaten a dozen as I was at another table. He did not know he should not do that, so I waited until the danger period had lapsed (3 days) so he wouldn't panic and have a psychosomatic reaction and then showed him the following information:

https://www.foodsafety.gov/blog/2017/07/vibriosis-101-oyster-food-safety.html

https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2003/may/death-on-the-half-shell/

https://www.livestrong.com/article/533019-is-it-safe-for-kids-to-eat-oysters/

Anyway, like I said, probably none of this information applies to your son at all but I wanted to put this out there just in case it might save someone's life.

Probably none of this applies to your son, who I presume is at least a teen if not adult but I like to educate people about the dangers of eating raw oysters. I'm not against it and I do occasionally eat them myself, but I do think that people need to know this information.

It is very important to know that if you have any kind of immunity problem (cancer patient or any other type of immune disorder) or a liver problem you should never consume raw oysters. Also, it is very important to only get those oysters that have a certification number on the package, if they are loose oysters in a grocery store ask about this before buying. Alternatively pasteurized oysters (in the plastic cans are usually safe. Hopefully Princess knows this and makes sure their oysters are certified.

I went to a friend's large birthday party at a local restaurant, he is on the liver transplant list and he was eating raw oysters - I didn't see it until he had already eaten a dozen as I was at another table. He did not know he should not do that, so I waited until the danger period had lapsed (3 days) so he wouldn't panic and have a psychosomatic reaction and then showed him the following information:

https://www.foodsafety.gov/blog/2017/07/vibriosis-101-oyster-food-safety.html

https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2003/may/death-on-the-half-shell/

https://www.livestrong.com/article/533019-is-it-safe-for-kids-to-eat-oysters/

Anyway, like I said, probably none of this information applies to your son at all but I wanted to put this out there just in case it might save someone's life.

Thanks for sharing. That’s good to know!!!

Tony

On our recently completed TA on the Royal they had cioppino & other types of seafood stew in the HC but don't recall the other names.

During the crossing they had a seafood themed buffet (in addition to their other types of food) on one afternoon. That included things such as lagostino, small lobster tails (limit of 3) and oysters in addition to the frequently available shrimp.

I don't know if that's routine or because of the 7 day crossing to Port Everglades. In the dining room there were options we don't recall previously having & our waiter explained that on longer cruises (ours was 15 days) they add more choices they don't normally make to not repeat them.

I also meant to mention that the first day on the Regal Princess on our cruise just a month ago, in the Horizon court, there were mussels, seafood salad with calamari, shrimp and bay scallops, deep fried breaded scallops. It was all quite good. You do need to look around as it was not all in the same area of the buffet, but there is shellfish there. I am sure they put some out every day, but we were in Canada and New England and ate lunch off the ship most days. I know they also had a sushi day in the buffet which I heard was mobbed - but again, we had had a lobster roll and chowder on land that day, so didn't go.