Cost of upgrading 250 internet minutes to unlimited plan

I was searching for the answer myself before my cruise. On the Pearl now. The 250 internet minute package that you can receive with the Free at Sea offers is equivalent to $125.

You go online to register your room first (login.com). Then go to the Internet Manager or your Concierge, if you are in a suite/haven/platinum, to upgrade. They will charge you $29.99/day * # of cruise days and credit your amount by the $125.

I'm on a 9-day and the total upgrade cost was $145. 7-day would be $85.

Btw, this assumes that you did not use any of the original 250 minutes, other than to register once on board. You have up to 3 days to purchase the unlimited plan.

I you are a platinum and receive the additional 30 minutes there is no credit value towards the upgrade.

On the Breakaway 2 weeks ago, the same price/credit adjustment was in writing and shown in the App when logged in, had until 10 PM on Day 2 of sailing for a 7 days to purchase the upgrade, priced at $85 for those with the 250 minutes/1,000 MB promo package.

Non-refundable OBC can be used against this ... good use if one is using a TA and has these credits to apply. No further credits/discounts for those Platinum/Plus minutes, as we had 60 minutes (as 60 additional MB) that we also pooled together for a total of 1,060 MB (or 1.06 GB) WiFi data.

We stretched our use to over 1,200+ minutes, logging in and out after our use - lots of pictures uploaded, and it was more than sufficient for the week - since we used our own cellular 4G/HSPA data while in Florida and on Nassau (also, 3G in GSC once tendered ashore).

Speed was good enough and only sluggished & slowed down somewhat on last 2 sea days, as expected (Cisco server putting out VG signals, bow to stern on 2.4 Ghz and less congested 5 Ghz bands)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7lox2im451t381/Screenshot%20OS1029-1314.jpg?dl=0

Edited by mking8288

I was searching for the answer myself before my cruise. On the Pearl now. The 250 internet minute package that you can receive with the Free at Sea offers is equivalent to $125.

You go online to register your room first (login.com). Then go to the Internet Manager or your Concierge, if you are in a suite/haven/platinum, to upgrade. They will charge you $29.99/day * # of cruise days and credit your amount by the $125.

I'm on a 9-day and the total upgrade cost was $145. 7-day would be $85.

Btw, this assumes that you did not use any of the original 250 minutes, other than to register once on board. You have up to 3 days to purchase the unlimited plan.

I you are a platinum and receive the additional 30 minutes there is no credit value towards the upgrade.

This was not my experience on the Escape Nov 4th sailing. I asked our concierge about upgrading and he said it would still be around $200. He also said I could not upgrade to the basic unlimited, I would have to upgrade to the premium unlimited plan (includes streaming video, etc). I declined... although I would have certainly done it for $85. Perhaps I would have had better luck talking to the internet manager.

Thats unfortunate. Maybe the larger ships haven't adopted the practice. The Pearl must have expected the question since they have printed sheets with the info at the internet cafe.
The Breakaway is a mega ship with the written offers in print, as I noted above. It had detailed guide on how to ... including how to call & text and the iConcierge App.

BA does not have the stripped down social media basic plan, unlike the Getaway and Escape. 206e4d464b195082d1288519c0d151cc.jpg

38daae2ba4878bd4c5116114df75e014.jpg

6eb84594e2281442da41f2fd6e961d58.jpg

via Nexus 5X Oreo 8.0 w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

This was not my experience on the Escape Nov 4th sailing. I asked our concierge about upgrading and he said it would still be around $200. He also said I could not upgrade to the basic unlimited, I would have to upgrade to the premium unlimited plan (includes streaming video, etc). I declined... although I would have certainly done it for $85. Perhaps I would have had better luck talking to the internet manager.

We were on the Escape in Sept and we were able to upgrade to the basic plan for only $85. I wonder if the concierge was misinformed. The internet manager is who I dealt with. He actually had another staff member writing down names, staterooms, and basic/enhanced for everyone who just wanted to upgrade to unlimited to make the line go by faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums