Is FTTF necessary for faster boarding?

Tenn/cruiser

There are other benefits to FTTF that made it worth it to me before I turned Platinum. Not only can you get an earlier check in time and have less of a wait to board, but your cabin will be ready when you get on. Otherwise you need to wait until 1-1:30PM and carry whatever you don't check with you until then. Also the the dedicated Guest Services line is way better. Not many people really plan to go there, but if you do it's usually due to an issue and it's nice to be in and out fast without having to go at odd hours. Plus if you have any tender ports and want to maximize your stay or have private tours that leave early, you can be amongst the first off.

We are going to use FTTF for the first time. Liberty, Dec 10 out of Canaveral. I am driving to the port from Tallahassee and hope to get parked and onboard quickly. The cruise is only 4 days (3 and a partial) and I think we can get a near full day on that boarding day by getting on at noon with no hassle wait. I have a couples massage planned at 4:00 as we leave the port. So get on board, get a drink, get lunch then off to the massage.

I FTTF really necessary? My boarding time in New Orleans for the Triumph is set for 11 to 11:30. It is available on my cruise and will purchase if you guys think it will save me from a huge wait for embarkation.

As blond2 stated, 11-11:30 is your check in time. If you check in at that time, you will probably not have more than a 1/2 hour wait to board. If you purchase FTTF, you can check in whenever you wish (as early as 10:00 in NOLA) and then board behind weddings/Platinum/Diamond. You will, of course, miss out on the other benefits of FTTF (early access to stateroom, priority GS line, expedited luggage, priority tenders if you have a tender port, and priority debarkation). It's totally up to you whether to purchase it or not. IMHO, if you were only interested in priority boarding, don't spend the money.

If you only seek to purchase FTTF for embarkation then it truly isn't necessary as your check-in time (11:00-11:30) is early enough so that the Boarding Zone card handed to you for boarding will be a smaller number. Try getting there before 11:00 so that you will be one of the first to enter once they allow that check-in time group in the terminal.

Boarding usually goes in this particular order: Weddings and Visitors, Priority (Platinum, Diamond, & Suites), FTTF, Special Assistance, and Zone numbers in numerical order.

Without FTTF you will however have to wait in the regular queue, rather than the Priority and FTTF lines.

As blond2 stated, 11-11:30 is your check in time. If you check in at that time, you will probably not have more than a 1/2 hour wait to board. If you purchase FTTF, you can check in whenever you wish (as early as 10:00 in NOLA) and then board behind weddings/Platinum/Diamond. You will, of course, miss out on the other benefits of FTTF (early access to stateroom, priority GS line, expedited luggage, priority tenders if you have a tender port, and priority debarkation). It's totally up to you whether to purchase it or not. IMHO, if you were only interested in priority boarding, don't spend the money.

We will be on the Dream in February out of NOLA and have FTTF (first time with FTTF). We can get to port at 10am in NOLA?

I don't know how boarding and entry to the terminal is handled in NOLA, but for our cruise out of Miami, just being able to bypass the HUGE line of people sweating outside in the heat, waiting to enter the terminal and simply walking inside via the Priority doorway was worth the price alone to us.

Early boarding, early access to the stateroom, quick access at Guest Services (saved us at least 1.5 man-hours of waiting in line) and priority tendering at Grand Cayman was all just icing on the cake.

I don't know how boarding and entry to the terminal is handled in NOLA, but for our cruise out of Miami, just being able to bypass the HUGE line of people sweating outside in the heat, waiting to enter the terminal and simply walking inside via the Priority doorway was worth the price alone to us.

Early boarding, early access to the stateroom, quick access at Guest Services (saved us at least 1.5 man-hours of waiting in line) and priority tendering at Grand Cayman was all just icing on the cake.

I had the same experience. Bypassing that huge line was wonderful. I really like being about to go straight to my cabin to drop off my carry-ons. It also saves time when I am ready to get off of the ship.

We will be on the Dream in February out of NOLA and have FTTF (first time with FTTF). We can get to port at 10am in NOLA?

I have never sailed out of NOLA, but in Miami you can arrive any time you'd like regardless of the check-in time you have chosen. In Miami, terminal doors usually open around 10:15-10:30 am.

The 2 values that make it worth it to me are 1) Cabin is available when you get on ship. Don’t have to lug carry on bags around for 2 hours. 2) short guest services line. Don’t have to waste an hour waiting in line just to get change or something else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I FTTF really necessary? My boarding time in New Orleans for the Triumph is set for 11 to 11:30. It is available on my cruise and will purchase if you guys think it will save me from a huge wait for embarkation.

Why are you confusing your check in time with boarding time. FTTF is a waste of $$$.

The last few times ive boarded it hasn't really mattered. Carnival looks like they are initiating boarding much later than they used to. Years ago we used to be on the ship by 11 am. no FTTF, we just got to port early. now it seams like they don't board till 130 or 2 pm when the port is stacked with people. Yeah, FTTF goes a bit earlier than the rest, but not much. atleast in my past experience. Last two times with FTTF, all of our luggage was not present. sometimes the missing piece showed up after muster drill.

Why are you confusing your check in time with boarding time. FTTF is a waste of $$$.

Why are you being so rude to someone who is obviously new (129 posts) and asks a simple question? If you had read responses, you would know that the difference had already been addressed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never sailed out of NOLA, but in Miami you can arrive any time you'd like regardless of the check-in time you have chosen. In Miami, terminal doors usually open around 10:15-10:30 am.

I would like someone to clarify this. I am sure they have check in at Miami and they will not allow you to enter the terminal before your check in time. Pellaz's post above kinda proves that too.

I don't think in Miami you can arrive anytime you want regardless of check in without FTTF

I would like someone to clarify this. I am sure they have check in at Miami and they will not allow you to enter the terminal before your check in time. Pellaz's post above kinda proves that too.

I don't think in Miami you can arrive anytime you want regardless of check in without FTTF

If you don’t have FTTF or aren’t Priority, you need to arrive at your appointment time or later or you will be waiting in the line outside until it’s your time. They have different ones for current check in times, and people who are early. There were quite a few people in that one so it appears they are sticking to it in Miami.

If you don’t have FTTF or aren’t Priority, you need to arrive at your appointment time or later or you will be waiting in the line outside until it’s your time. They have different ones for current check in times, and people who are early. There were quite a few people in that one so it appears they are sticking to it in Miami.

that's what I thought... thanks

IF you don't mind giving $70.00 and getting free stuff in return, than of course get it. It's only necessary to Carnival's targeted revenue goal for each sailing. If you don't get it, someone else will. Win win for Carnival, and you get free stuff in return.

IF you don't mind giving $70.00 and getting free stuff in return, than of course get it. It's only necessary to Carnival's targeted revenue goal for each sailing. If you don't get it, someone else will. Win win for Carnival, and you get free stuff in return.

Maybe if you actually sailed Carnival recently and tried FTTF you could appreciate the value that many see in it.

I hear everyone's point of view. one question- if you have one port that is tendered- we would be first to disembark with FTTF? Would that be worth it. I say that bc one port is already shorten- (not a complete day). If we can get off early and enjoy the port- yes to FTTF.