Royal Caribbean Looses Another One!

jhannah

Actually, I remember reading a report when I lived in L.A., and someone jumped (they found a note, I think) off one of those HAL 15 day roundtrips to Hawaii... and that this happens *all the time*... lots of people end up overboard, and many times on purpose... although the article implied that if it happened on Carnival, it was probably because of stupidity and drunkeness, but if it happened on HAL (or Celebrity or other upscape lines), it tended to be more purposeful based on the age of the passenger (!)....but these overboard events are not generally reported in the mainstream. But of course the media loves to hype things, and since RCI is already well in the news with the honeymooner case, this was a perfect opportunity for the media to make a no news story, a news story. It's almost as if the media is trying to say the cruise lines are pushing people overboard.

it tended to be more purposeful based on the age of the passenger (!)....

Right... We all know that old folks don't get drunk ;) ...

I think it's more like this:

People on Carnival get drunk with beer while partying. People on HAL get drunk with smuggled wine or hard liquor in their cabin. People on Seabourn get drunk with "all inclusive" champagne.

:) :) :)

(Sorry, I'm in a silly mood tonight... Must be the decongestant I'm taking for my cold!)

We were in Roadtown, Tortola a few days ago on board the Volendam. Berthed next to us, just across the pier, was the Sea Princess.

Off and on all day, the public address system on board the Sea Princess was broadcasting pleas for anyone knowing anything about a certain female missing passenger to please call the front office.

The systems was loud enough for everyone around the pier and adjacent port area to hear the announcements.

We inquired on the pier and learned that a 45 year old female had disappeared the previous night while the ship was at sea. The broadcast included a description of her, what she was last known to be wearing and other information.

The bridge was obviously very concerned about the situation.

We sailed late in the afternoon and the appeals were still being periodically broadcast.

We haven't seen anything of it in the news since returning home.

...and there was the lady on Caronia (II) who took her own life one night by slipping over the rail in her evening gown and all her jewels.

...and the gentleman aboard QE2 who had been fighting with his wife all week. When he threatened to throw himself over the rail she replied "You're not man enough!"

Of course he proved that he was man enough...

It happens on the good lines too.

...and there was the lady on Caronia (II) who took her own life one night by slipping over the rail in her evening gown and all her jewels.

All her jewels?:confused:

Taking your life is bad enough, but to take your jewels with you! :eek:

It's almost as if the media is trying to say the cruise lines are pushing people overboard.

And you have proof that they are not? :rolleyes: You dare to question the objectivity and accuracy of our beloved news media?:eek:

Right... We all know that old folks don't get drunk ;) ...

I think it's more like this:

People on Carnival get drunk with beer while partying. People on HAL get drunk with smuggled wine or hard liquor in their cabin. People on Seabourn get drunk with "all inclusive" champagne.

:) :) :)

(Sorry, I'm in a silly mood tonight... Must be the decongestant I'm taking for my cold!)

Now, Doug, let's get our facts straight here... wine brought aboard a HAL ship is NOT smuggled!

While on a recent cruise, I studied the rails and it is not possible to just "fall overboard" you would have to climb up and actually lean over the top rail or be thrown overboard by more than one person.

As an avid watcher of investigative shows, I wonder if the police have a data base where they can compare, passengers and crew of every ship where a passenger has gone missing.

Is it possible there is a serial killer out there?

Fox News has really ratcheted up the coverage on the George Smith incident... and RCCL is definitely not getting positive coverage. Some of it is sensationalism journalism, but there are a lot of questions being asked that RCCL seems unwilling or unable to answer. Stay tuned...

Archived