Carnival pools - dangerous ?

seabum

Granted, there has been a lot of negativity on this board lately but it's also an information board, not a joke board. And please don't tell me to lighten up.

Apparently, he isn't a "Stripes" fan, either. "Don't tell me to lighten up," is EXACTLY what Francis would say.

I thought it was funny, but then again, I understood it right away too.

Apparently, he isn't a "Stripes" fan, either. "Don't tell me to lighten up," is EXACTLY what Francis would say.

Nah, Francis would pull a stiletto knife!

I, too, get the joke, and appreciate it.

/Johnny was a chemist's son

//but Johnny is no more

///for what he thought was H2O

////was H2SO4

ahh - you're no fun !

With all the negativity on these boards these days - just trying to lighten it up a little

I see you are in Marietta - maybe you used to hear Neal Boortz do this bit on his show. He'd say "they are putting this in our water". People would then call in aghast, railing about the gov't, etc. Quite funny. And anyone believing anything on a chat site or info board (or in a newspaper or on a newscast these days) without verifying deserves to be wearing the dunce cap.

Nah, Francis would pull a stiletto knife!

I, too, get the joke, and appreciate it.

/Johnny was a chemist's son

//but Johnny is no more

///for what he thought was H2O

////was H2SO4

Thanks - love your acidic poem as well.

Though like your namesake - I too feel like I'm chasing windmills getting some of these judgmental folks to lighten up.

I see you are in Marietta - maybe you used to hear Neal Boortz do this bit on his show. He'd say "they are putting this in our water". People would then call in aghast, railing about the gov't, etc. Quite funny. And anyone believing anything on a chat site or info board (or in a newspaper or on a newscast these days) without verifying deserves to be wearing the dunce cap.

Well howdy neighbor - (I'm actually closer to Woodstock than Marietta)

I dont recall this specifically from the church of the painful truth - but sounds like something he'd say.

Guess he rubbed off on me - as sometimes it's fun to stir the pot as it were.

:halo::cool::rolleyes:

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE Some folks on here have NO sense of humor and get their panties in a twist over everything (yes I know that some will even not like this post and someone will probably report it and get it deleated :rolleyes:). Not every post has to be about "how to get to port X", "do I need a passport", "is it better to use a T/A" and so on. It's ok to laugh a little, even if you "don't get" the joke right away. Some of you must be real fun a parties.

A waste of time and space. I got the joke, but don't see why you felt it necessary to post it here except to see you screen name on the internet.

Actually I stated my purpose earlier in this thread - to try and bring some humor and laughter to an otherwise negative board.

Been on here for years - and the negativity and insults and slamming has gotten out of hand recently.

I could care less about seeing my screen name on the internet.

Actually I stated my purpose earlier in this thread - to try and bring some humor and laughter to an otherwise negative board.

Been on here for years - and the negativity and insults and slamming has gotten out of hand recently.

I could care less about seeing my screen name on the internet.

But it is interesting that you chose to plagiarize other people's words and material and present it under a very disturbing headline like "Carnival pools -dangerous". Not really something a rational minded grown up would do. You may think it was funny, but I do not. It is not that I do not have a sense of humor,. It is just that I find it as dumb as waving and yelling "Hi Jack" as you enter the security line at an airport. Or yelling "man overboard" while standing at a deck 9 railing on a cruise ship. Or yelling "Fire" in a nightclub or restaurant. Or yelling "Gun" in a dark movie theatre. Or running up to a beat cop in a city and telling them that there is a bank robbery going on at the bank around the corner and then running away. Or yelling terrorist on an airplane at 32,000 feet. Just plain dumb, nothing more, just dumb.

hmmm - when I said I had read this somewhere - I was not presenting it as my own -

If I hear a joke somewhere and repeat it - is that plagiarizing ? - I may not know who originally created / wrote it.

and I noticed you left off the question marks from my title to the post - this to most people would indicate I was asking a question and not stating a fact.

I agree with you that yelling fire or man overboard etc. is not funny at all - imho I would not equate my post to those extremes.

but - everyone has a different sense of humor - and even though numerous folks have hurled insults my way - I'm choosing to not do the same (yourself included - "Not really something a rational minded grown up would do")

Have a great day and enjoyable holiday.

hmmm - when I said I had read this somewhere - I was not presenting it as my own -

If I hear a joke somewhere and repeat it - is that plagiarizing ? - I may not know who originally created / wrote it.

and I noticed you left off the question marks from my title to the post - this to most people would indicate I was asking a question and not stating a fact.

I agree with you that yelling fire or man overboard etc. is not funny at all - imho I would not equate my post to those extremes.

but - everyone has a different sense of humor - and even though numerous folks have hurled insults my way - I'm choosing to not do the same (yourself included - "Not really something a rational minded grown up would do")

Have a great day and enjoyable holiday.

The only place you said anything about reading anything was in the firsts sentance. "I've just read that Carnival is putting DHMO in their pools - Dihydrogen Monoxide." There is nothing here to indicate that you read this "joke" somewhere. You also put question marks at the end of your 2nd and 3rd sentences. I rest my case!

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise