Carnival pools - dangerous ?

seabum

Disclaimer - I did not write the following - hate to get accused of plagiarizing -

Just passing it along -

A photon checks into a hotel and is asked if he needs any help with his luggage. He says, "No, I'm traveling light !

Figured it was timely as I am packing for my upcoming cruise -

Disclaimer - I did not write the following - hate to get accused of plagiarizing -

Just passing it along -

A photon checks into a hotel and is asked if he needs any help with his luggage. He says, "No, I'm traveling light !

Figured it was timely as I am packing for my upcoming cruise -

Like :D:D

But it is interesting that you chose to plagiarize other people's words and material and present it under a very disturbing headline like "Carnival pools -dangerous". Not really something a rational minded grown up would do. You may think it was funny, but I do not. It is not that I do not have a sense of humor,. It is just that I find it as dumb as waving and yelling "Hi Jack" as you enter the security line at an airport. Or yelling "man overboard" while standing at a deck 9 railing on a cruise ship. Or yelling "Fire" in a nightclub or restaurant. Or yelling "Gun" in a dark movie theatre. Or running up to a beat cop in a city and telling them that there is a bank robbery going on at the bank around the corner and then running away. Or yelling terrorist on an airplane at 32,000 feet. Just plain dumb, nothing more, just dumb.

Are you F'ing serious????? Putting this joke in the same category as the examples you cite???:o You may not have liked the joke or even got it, but to equate it to yelling fire or gun in todays world is just ASININE. This little joke, which many on here have found funny, hardly rises to the level of you have taken it to. Get over yourself.

I will tell you that when I read this, I immediately thought about my last cruise... first of all, let me say I was an English major, not chemistry, so the joke completely bypassed me! But on my last cruise on the Breeze I spent about an hour lazing in the Lido deck pool which had just been refilled (and I presume re-chemicaled) and promptly spent the next 3 days on fire with some kind of a chemical burn all over my body! So when I read the first post, I thought Okay, it's not just me, it's Carnival's fault!!!

(side note- I kept reading and realized I have no one to blame except my own aging skin! It started off with me not being able to get into hot tubs without my skin reacting, now it seems I have the same issue with pools. UGH!!!)

Your mileage may vary (though with a typo) - and lather rinse repeat

Ahh, of course. I should have recognized that at once. :rolleyes:

Lets not forget that cruise ship pools (all pools really) are dangerous. Several people have drowned over the years, so water IS dangerous. Lets all be careful out there.

Carnival's pools are marginally safer than they used to be since they are employing "pool monitors" now. I'm glad, having sailed on a cruise right after a child drowned in the Lido pool on the Victory. :eek: