Carry on size

dizneydawn

Sorry, I have no idea what size works at an airport either!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I could be wrong, but I do not believe a 28 inch is a "carry on" and therefore does not go thru the x-ray machine. All airlines will tell you on their website what is considered a "carry on".

I could be wrong, but I do not believe a 28 inch is a "carry on" and therefore does not go thru the x-ray machine. All airlines will tell you on their website what is considered a "carry on".

Exactly - check the website of any airline. Ship security is usually a bit larger but not much, and definitely not 28". I've seen people sent back to have their luggage checked which can be very inconvenient.

I am not flying, we will be driving. But I want to make sure it will fit thru the Xray machine so I can carry it on the ship, not have to check it.

Thanks for all the help!!

Southwest allows 24 x 16 x 10 in including handles and wheels.

For a cruise line, it's not about the length but the height and width. Cruise lines most definitely allow a larger carry-on than most airlines. My carry-on is 12" H x 15: W x 24" L. that I've used for 10 years. It won't fit in the Delta carry-on sizer but fits comfortably in a cruise line scanner.

Delta also notes that its carry-on bags may not exceed 45 linear inches, including handles and wheels and adds, "Baggage must fit easily in the carry-on baggage check (approximately 22 inches by 14 inches by 9 inches or 56 by 35 by 23 centimeters), which is located near the check-in counters."

Just an FYI, If you board at 11:00 AM, whatever you carry-on you may have to drag around for 2-3 hours.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so much for everyone's help!!

We will be boarding early but wanted to make sure the medium size suitcase will be ok to fit in the Xray machine! Don't mind having it with me until rooms are ready because once we eat, we head to a bar to wait!

I am not flying, we will be driving. But I want to make sure it will fit thru the Xray machine so I can carry it on the ship, not have to check it.

Thanks for all the help!!

Thank you for asking this because I'm curious too. We also drive to the cruise ship port and would like to carry on a larger suitcase than allowed at the airport.

Having it checked is not an option, hence the need to carry it on. And no problem with having it on board before the cabin is ready, which has been 1 pm. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums