Inexpensive hotel near NCL cruise terminal in Manhattan?

cbny

A friend of mine is coming from France next week and needs an inexpensive hotel where he can spend one night before his cruise on Breakaway. He is hoping to spend no more than $150 which I️ realize may be impossible in Manhattan. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

A friend of mine is coming from France next week and needs an inexpensive hotel where he can spend one night before his cruise on Breakaway. He is hoping to spend no more than $150 which I️ realize may be impossible in Manhattan. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sailing 12/3/17? Flying into EWR or JFK? One person?

I'm not seeing anything close to $150. Rates are totally crazy for 12/2.

In NJ I'm seeing a bunch of Newark airport hotels within his budget that I could recommend if your friend is interested. Was he planning to use public transit from the airport to Manhattan?

Thanks for all the helpful advice. After exploring his options, my friend has decided to book a room near the airport in Newark and take the shuttle to the port from there. At this point, it seems like the cheapest way to go overall.

Thanks for all the helpful advice. After exploring his options, my friend has decided to book a room near the airport in Newark and take the shuttle to the port from there. At this point, it seems like the cheapest way to go overall.

Please tell your friend not to book the very cheapest hotel at EWR. A cheap hotel is exactly that - a cheap hotel. A lot of hotels offer free breakfast, but offer no other food service except take out.

Last Minute Travel has Country Inns for $105. His would put him close to the Jersey Gardens Mall and a number of restaurants. This hotel offers free breakfast and is very popular with Cape Liberty cruisers.

Please tell your friend not to book the very cheapest hotel at EWR. A cheap hotel is exactly that - a cheap hotel. A lot of hotels offer free breakfast, but offer no other food service except take out.

Last Minute Travel has Country Inns for $105. His would put him close to the Jersey Gardens Mall and a number of restaurants. This hotel offers free breakfast and is very popular with Cape Liberty cruisers.

I will tell him. Thanks so much!

I have actually booked a last minute hotel through LMT. Two years ago in March I was going to drive to Cape Liberty early morning for a cruise, but decided to go down the previous day due to an overnight snow forecast. It worked out well and I actually got a mini suite which would have accommodated 6 people! IHOP and Ruby Tuesdays are next door to the hotel and the Courtyard across the street has a restaurant. The

Jersey Gardens Mall has Applebees and Johnny Rockets plus a food court, outlet stores, and movies. No other hotel area at EWR has these services.