Disappointed in Cyber Monday sale

Started booking a grand suite on Symphony and it showed a $400 OBC, but once we signed in and it showed our C&A numbers, we only got $100 OBC. In other words, if we weren't almost D+ and we're booking our first cruise, or weren't loyal to Royal, we'd be given $300 more. Very disappointed, what's the advantage of being loyal to Royal? And don't say the lounge. We buy the beverage package, so free drinks in the lounge is not a perk for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Started booking a grand suite on Symphony and it showed a $400 OBC, but once we signed in and it showed our C&A numbers, we only got $100 OBC. In other words, if we weren't almost D+ and we're booking our first cruise, or weren't loyal to Royal, we'd be given $300 more. Very disappointed, what's the advantage of being loyal to Royal? And don't say the lounge. We buy the beverage package, so free drinks in the lounge is not a perk for us.

I'd call and confirm. People have reported the website not acting correctly with the C&A balcony discount is added.

I had this happen where website showed the $400 obc but when I called they said it was only $100 (booked 2 br GS on Adventure). Was on the phone for almost an hour while rep and her supervisor figured it out. They were able to get it changed to the $400. They used a different booking code that made the overall cruise price go up by about $40, but it then gave us the correct obc amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of Royal Caribbean sales state the "not combinable with C & A discount." So it's actually quite easy. Run the numbers with the discount and not the perk or with the perk and not the discount. We booked 3 Crown Lofts for the Oct. 1 cruise. We had 6 adults and 5 kids. I went through a variety of fare and deal combinations before I finally arrived at one that was "kids sail free." Well, the cost per adult went up, we lost our D+ discount on TWO Cabins, but ended up saving a very significant amount of money.

People get too hung up on "deals" and not "bottom line." The only thing that matters is after any OBC, discounts, free drink packages, etc., what is the bottom line cost of the cruise. That's all that matters.

Anomaly seems like a system glitch rather than efforts to penalise C&A members.

I don't have any confidence in RCL call centre or even online booking systems so I tend to rely on travel agents these days. I do my research, find best price with or without loyalty discount and book based on the price quoted.

Most sales are not combinable with Crown and Anchor discounts.

So, similar to Toothdoc78. On hold for 40 minutes after a very rude rep gave us attitude. While I was on hold, my husband called C&A number. That women was very helpful. She was able to remove our discount and give us the $400 OBC, which made the bottom line less expensive. I understand the discount is not combinable with many offers, but it shouldn't make the overall cost of the cruise more expensive! It's just silly that there was no way we could do it online. We had to waste 3 1/2 hours on three phone calls to resolve the issue. It worked out, but Royal sure doesn't make it easy!

I have been on hold for over 1 hour right now (still on hold haven't spoken to anyone) to get Royal Caribbean to email my reservations to me that were booked online plus to fix one since now online is showing the price of the cruise $1500 more then what it should be and without confirmation I can't confirm that the OBC is right. They really need to fix their IT since this is insane to keep CAS customers on hold for this long to fix their IT issues. I don't want the CAS discount but it seems like they automatically do it when they see your number on your profile.

The Cyber Monday Sales were a disappointment for us.

43d4960b1b53d7f87c9ad0ca2576b1ad.jpg

On one cruise, there was a $3.00 difference (Yes $3.00) between what I had and the so-called Cyber Monday Sale. On another one there could have been a $81.00 reduction, but I would have had to go from a refundable to non-refundable deposit and pay an extra $400 deposit. (These reductions were net after any additional on-board credit).

9a4b73f402c7badccff3402305f9aaf1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk