Mealtime Drinks package

kicia

Does anyone know how much the Mealtime Drinks package is for 7 nights on the Seaside? I'm trying to decide between the Countdown to Seaside package including $50 OBC, surfer Internet, and the Mealtime drinks package, and the Black Friday sale. We would book Fantastica so we would each receive the 12 drink vouchers either way and we're not big drinkers. The price is over $300 difference and it is probably a better value for us to go with the Black Friday sale.

Thanks!

Does anyone know how much the Mealtime Drinks package is for 7 nights on the Seaside? I'm trying to decide between the Countdown to Seaside package including $50 OBC, surfer Internet, and the Mealtime drinks package, and the Black Friday sale. We would book Fantastica so we would each receive the 12 drink vouchers either way and we're not big drinkers. The price is over $300 difference and it is probably a better value for us to go with the Black Friday sale.

Thanks!

According to the following it's between $20 and $22.50 pppd depending on ship and sail date:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

Whether is available for you to book, however, is another thing.

Could someone explain the Meal Time Drink Package in more detail regarding the buffet? I understand how it would work in Dining Room but not the buffet. How and where would you order a drink? Roaming servers? A close bar? And how would they control or even know you had ordered a drink but didn't consume it in the buffet?

There are waiters in the buffet (though they tend to be few and far between!). There is also a bar, so there's no problem getting drinks within the time-frame allocated for the MBP. No-one will prevent you from leaving the buffet with a drink in hand, either. Many people get both food and drink and either bring it outdoors to the pool area or to their cabins. Bear in mind that they use plastic rather than glass in the buffet to serve drinks in.

There are waiters in the buffet (though they tend to be few and far between!). There is also a bar, so there's no problem getting drinks within the time-frame allocated for the MBP. No-one will prevent you from leaving the buffet with a drink in hand, either. Many people get both food and drink and either bring it outdoors to the pool area or to their cabins. Bear in mind that they use plastic rather than glass in the buffet to serve drinks in.

Thank you Beamafar, that was the simple precise answer I was looking for!

Thanks!

I just went through the same thing. For my booking (Fantastica) for 4 people we saved about $600 rebooking with the Black Friday sale. The mealtime drinks were nice, but there is no way we would drink $600 worth of beer and wine at meals. The 12 vouchers may not be enough, but I would just buy any additional drinks. We are not big drinkers either. $50 on board credit is nice but nominal and I wouldn't even use the internet package.

If I were you I'd go with the savings and then spend it on things you really want.