O'Sheehan's Menu

kbset

On my cruise feb 3rd on gem i dont think half the ship even knew that osheehans served breakfast....many of the folks i met acted surprised when i told them about it..like the last post said...it was a win win...quiet..great view of ocean..waiter service..and better quality food..hot..freshly made..and no rude pushers and screamers like the zoo buffet😎

Hush, letting out a fairly well-kept semi-secret about the Gem/Dawn/Jewel class ship's OSH location and availability, what is the hurry to eat ... unless it's a port day and need to rush down to the gangway to go ashore, do tendering, etc.

Deck 8, midship - one of the best location to sit back and enjoy comfort food served, without worrying about losing that prized table & floor to ceiling giant window view (if seated at those long bench booth) - much better when seas are rough, to watch the raging ocean and swells & white caps from the giant waves :D :p Or, sit by/near the railings/spiral staircase overlooking the atrium lobby below, as there are often events & demonstrations taking place on sea days.

• Like 1

Hi mking.....did not want to clue the world into "semi" secrets....but since cruise critic is fairly new to me..i thought the point was to share with fellow cruisers any positive experiences....as well as negative...ok i take it all back....osheehans sucks for breakfast......go to the buffet😁

• 4 months later...

I find O'Sheehan's fare neither enticing nor objectionable. On land I would not seek it out. However, a cold beer, interesting table mates and an O'Sheehan's entree make for a fun and "different" cruise lunch or dinner. I'm glad it's available as a choice.

I find O'Sheehan's fare neither enticing nor objectionable. On land I would not seek it out. However, a cold beer, interesting table mates and an O'Sheehan's entree make for a fun and "different" cruise lunch or dinner. I'm glad it's available as a choice.

so how many dining and buffets are free?

so how many dining and buffets are free?

It depends on the ship

At least 2 Main Dining Rooms (the big ships have 3)

O'Sheehans (or Sports Bar on the SUN)

Garden Cafe (Buffet)

Great Outdoors (smaller buffet on SOME ships)

Pool side BBQ when that is set up on deck

Sometimes a specialty restaurant will have free food in the Morning or for lunch (see your Daily for information)

....and I'm blanking out there are a few extra places on the big ships

• 5 months later...
On 3/12/2018 at 11:30 AM, FredZiffle said:

lol. I have far from a sophisticated palate and sometimes actually enjoy Chili's, but I agree with you that O'Sheehans is pretty damn bad. Worst nachos on the planet - almost inedible. Fish & Chips were very greasy. Burger resembled a hockey puck. I've had worse wings, but these are still in the bottom third. Service is slow as Christmas. I so want this place to be good, and the menu looks fantastic. But, I keep trying different items on different ships, and have yet to walk away satisfied.

Maybe they've fixed these.  We're just off of the Breakaway and the burgers were moist and really good.  They're using some type of hawaiian role bun that's really good.  The wings were mostly around medium sized (some scrawny, some bigger and meatier), they were really good too.  Service was reasonably fast (much moreso than each of our sit down dinners in the mdr and Cagneys).

• 10 months later...
On 2/1/2018 at 7:41 PM, NMLady said:

That is your opinion. My husband and I both like the food at O'Sheehans. His favorite mid-afternoon snack is fish n chips (French fries). I like their wings. We both enjoy breakfast omelette there

I think she was drunk at the time.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:54 AM, rmurray847 said:

Holy smokes...per the dictionary: condescension is "an attitude of patronizing superiority; disdain". Excellent demonstration of this in your post. Must be nice to have this feeling of superiority.

The more people tend to condescend the more ignorant they appear. They think food comes from packages and not the country folk that produce it.