OBC for those NOT receiving OM on Regal Princess

divaofdisney

Thank you for posting! I called and got $100 pp OBC since we were not selected. While we wish we can enjoy the full ***** experience (which is one reason we selected that ship/date), the credit was a nice way to help make it "right"!

Please help me understand! We have three rooms on Regal for end of March. Will the Ocean Medallion be available then? What exactly does Ocean Medallion entail? Are these cabins traditionally more? I just want to make sure we don't miss out on some on board credit that we might be able to get!!!

Sorry, totally confused about all this!

Leslie

Please help me understand! We have three rooms on Regal for end of March. Will the Ocean Medallion be available then? What exactly does Ocean Medallion entail? Are these cabins traditionally more? I just want to make sure we don't miss out on some on board credit that we might be able to get!!!

Sorry, totally confused about all this!

Leslie

I think it is better for you to wait for the email from Princess see if you are selected for the *****. As far as I know there are 110 rooms are set up for *****, and they are all in the forward section. As far as what is Ocean Medallion, there is a section on their website you can find answers, or search on YouTube.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

They put me through to Customer Relations and gave us and our travel mates $100 each!! I was very impressed by the service and the speed at which it occurred.

Not to pick on anyone in particular, and I don't know the details of your cruise...

But, some of the posts here are by folks who are still outside final payment for their cruise, and are getting

teh $100 OBC per person.

I get the people who booked the first couple of cruises on Regal, and only found out about no medallion

after final payment.

But, for others, they still have the option to cancel, if they are overwhelmed by sadness of the medallion.

It seems very generous for princess to offer credit in this situation.

On the fourth hand, princess keeps offering fire sale prices in the caribbean, so it's probably better for them to

give the early bookers $100 than to have them cancel, and then come back at a fire-sale price.

If I have a 'normal price' reservation for the caribbean in the spring, I would be tempted to cancel

and hope for a flash sale later.

We were told no for OBC, and we are close to sailing. If they’re gonna do it for one, they should do it for all, plain and simple. It’s bad PR to be so inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yes, would agree, they are creating even more upset loyal passengers aren't they. Let's hope they will listen.

Didn't call, emailed through website and within a day or two I had a response and $25pp obc. How much you receive is definitely based on the booking rate. We booked through a 3rd party TA but I was able to get the obc without going through them.

Just to clarify...I am past final payment. I paid about 700 pp total incl. taxes etc for a guarantee obst and got a deluxe balcony. I booked with a large vacation outlet online and received an onboard credit of 50 and pre paid gratuities and one free specialty rest. dinner.. I just made the call...the woman couldn't have been more lovely...she even asked me what I was eating for breakfast lol...I was honest and said I received a letter from Princess informing me that although I was on an ***** cruise my cabin was not chosen. I simply stated that I was slightly disappointed but still excited at the prospect of future cruises with *****..I then told her I see on cruise critic that Customer Relations is compensating people at the rate of 100 pp...she put me on hold for two minutes and a supervisor came on the line, apologized for the inconvenience and added the OBC. She then asked if she could add it for my friends whose reservation is linked to mine. Definitely a good feeling all around and my friends are thrilled as well. Great experience with Princess. Oh, and I checked and sure enough there it is, under the heading Customer Goodwill .

So after reading about so many getting OBC, I decided to call. I now know what some meant about the attitude (begrudging) that was given by the Princess Reps. I got someone that although did give me a $50.00 pp OBC it was done with quite the attitude as in "Not another caller wanting something for nothing" tone of voice. I was truly appalled being as I am in the Travel Business and represent Princess at times and I would not want one of my clients to get that type of attitude from anyone let alone a company that my clients were paying a fair price for services and items received to.

a first answer rep, or transferred to customer/relations/loyalty rep?

1st tier Rep who would not transfer me to loyalty Rep (Strike 1), who, after a 10 min hold came back and told me she had put me in to move our cabin to an ***** which I never asked for because we are in a fully accessible HC cabin and cannot take the risk of them moving us to a non HC cabin. She came back at me saying "What makes you think we would move you to a regular cabin?" in a snarly tone (Strike 2) and when I told her I did not want to be moved and why, she said that that was the way they were doing it which I know to be false (Strike 3).

Please do not get me wrong, I have dealt with many, many Princess Reps that have been nothing more than gracious and helpful and I have loved speaking with them but this was a first.

so, princess offered to move you to a fully accessible HC room with the ***** experience - isn't that what you are asking for?

No, they have not offered to move me to any room as of this posting and I wanted to make sure that if and that isa big IF they did move me it would be to a fully accessible HC room. And no, I did not ask to move.

We are departing on the Regal on Sunday. I decided to call today to inquire about the OBC others are receiving as a good will gesture for not being included in the ***** program. Was put on hold for about 5 minutes while the reg. res. dept checked with the Customer Relations dept. We were given $100 per person OBC. Thanks to all the C.C. posters.

We are departing on the Regal on Sunday. I decided to call today to inquire about the OBC others are receiving as a good will gesture for not being included in the ***** program. Was put on hold for about 5 minutes while the reg. res. dept checked with the Customer Relations dept. We were given $100 per person OBC. Thanks to all the C.C. posters.
Same here. Was on waitlist for an ***** cabin so last 3 calls they wouldn't do anything. But since we're 2 days out and nothing available they finally transferred me for the credit.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

We are on the Regal in February. We are past our final payment. We had used a travel agent to book, but I called Princess directly. First person I spoke with transferred me to Customer Relations. After just a brief hold, we got a $50 per person OBC. That was great with me, I did not try to push for more. I really like our cabin and did not want to get into being moved or on a 'wait list' for a Medallion cabin...thanks again Cruise Critic folks who posted this. Getting an extra $100 for a 10 minute phone call! Great!

Question for ya'll. My room is not yet assigned, can I still call Princess relations now or do I have to wait until my room shows up on the Princess Personalizerage?

I would call now. You might not get the assignment until the last moment and then too late to arrange the OBC.

Sorry to hear about a bad experience when contacting the Princess rep. Our Princess Vacation Planner called us and told us that she would have to put us on hold and she contacted Customer Relations and explained the situation and gave her all the information and then handed her off to us. The CR person couldn't have been more congenial and said she could offer two things, $100pp and an apology for not having the ***** experience ready in time for our February voyage.