White night

BarbaraJo

HI BarbaraJo,

I have cruised only once so far with Azamara and loved it. The white night was one of the highlights when we had a deck party and everyone wore white. Could be white shirt and pants, white dress etc. Everyone looked great and it really made the evening special.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm new here and still trying to learn to navigate this site. Could someone please define "White Night" for me.

Thanx, BarbaraJo

The deck party is OK although it can be very difficult to find an empty seat at a table. As far as wearing white - don't worry about it. Any color is OK.

DON

A couple of times, we've gone to the main dining room for dinner and then gone up to the White Night party for dessert...crepes suzette! Oh so yummy. Don't know if they are still making those at the White Night (been a couple of years) but the party itself is loads of fun...music and dancing and the deck is beautifully decorated for the occasion. Nice to wear white, but really, lots of people don't.

Yes crepe Suzette still made every white night mmmm. Staff are. very proactive in helping you find a table. So long as you’re happy to share if a 2 and flexible to split up if a large group it’s no problem.

On White Night they take away all the sun beds from deck 9 (pool deck) and fill it with tables and chairs, as well as lining the jogging track on deck 10 with tables and chairs. A buffet area is set up in the Patio area with BBQs and lots of other lovely food. Some of the senior officers serve food that night - especially the crepes suzettes. There’s a band and most people wear something white ( tho’ it’s not obligatory). It’s a really fun night. If you want a table at the front you need to get there early, but if, like us, you’re not early dining folk, don’t worry, there are plenty of seats.

Discoveries (MDR) is also open that night and on our last cruise it offered ‘surf & turf’ that night. You can dine there, then join the party.

Once the deck party finishes (depends what time the ship sails) the party continues in The Living Room with the disco.

Thanx for your reply jg. I suspected as much, just wanted to be sure. I'm packing now for 09Dec Journey from SIN. White clothes and red wine always present a challenge! Wish me luck.... BarbaraJo:evilsmile:

That's always my concern too! My solution is to drink white wine that night, especially since it goes better with the grilled lobster tails they serve (YUM!). I'm also on this cruise, my third on Azamara. Can't wait! :D

That's always my concern too! My solution is to drink white wine that night, especially since it goes better with the grilled lobster tails they serve (YUM!). I'm also on this cruise, my third on Azamara. Can't wait! :D

Good advice, I often go down the sparking route that night as it too goes so well with the food being prepared freshly and served.

We're currently on the Journey and will finish in Singapore on the 9th. I promise to leave the ship in good shape for you! It's been a great cruise. It's our second with Az. Do take the time to enjoy Prime C. Our meals there have been excellent. We're in a suite so we're alternating our dining experiences. We had our White Night last evening and it was good fun. Personally the buffet was okay but the music and dancing balanced the rest out. Definitely wear white! You won't be the only ones with red wine "accents";)