Cruising the Pacific in April/May

tankerahoy

My husband and I have just booked the Carnival Splendor cruise that sails from LA to Hawaii and back. It is a 14 day cruise at the end of April/beginning of May with several sea days (we are happy about this!) and we are wondering if anyone else has sailed the Pacific.

We have always cruised the Caribbean so the Pacific is an entirely new adventure for us. We have been in the Atlantic twice in March and it was very rough. This was ok for us since we do not have motion sickness issues, but were just curious if we would have similar seas.

We are just looking for anyone who may have taken this or a similar cruise in the past and could give us an idea of what we might be in for. :o

Thanks

My husband and I have just booked the Carnival Splendor cruise that sails from LA to Hawaii and back. It is a 14 day cruise at the end of April/beginning of May with several sea days (we are happy about this!) and we are wondering if anyone else has sailed the Pacific.

We have always cruised the Caribbean so the Pacific is an entirely new adventure for us. We have been in the Atlantic twice in March and it was very rough. This was ok for us since we do not have motion sickness issues, but were just curious if we would have similar seas.

We are just looking for anyone who may have taken this or a similar cruise in the past and could give us an idea of what we might be in for. :o

Thanks

Most cruise lines schedule this type of cruise when the weather is the best for cruising.

I took this same cruise several years ago in April and the sea was absolutely perfect for the 5 days sailing over. In fact, we arrived 12 hours early and the Captain cruised the coast off Hawaii so we could see the lava flow at night......It was one of our best cruises!

You never know about the weather, but that was our experience. Have fun! :D