Margaritaville on Breakaway

jrlamour

Has anyone on a recent cruise aboard the Breakaway asked to just order a la carte and been denied?

Everyone mentions that they are being charged the $14.99 flat fee but we have been on NCL cruises where they just assumed you wanted to use your speciatly dining package.

Has anyone on a recent cruise aboard the Breakaway asked to just order a la carte and been denied?

Everyone mentions that they are being charged the $14.99 flat fee but we have been on NCL cruises where they just assumed you wanted to use your speciatly dining package.

You are confusing different things. A la carte means each item on the menu has a price. That no longer exists. There is a flat cover charge, just like for Moderno, Teppanyaki, etc. You can't go in Moderno and pay $3 just to eat a piece of chicken then leave. Same goes for Margaritaville with a cover charge. Whether or not you use an SDP credit if you have one is up to you. You just let them know.

I wasn't confused. On ncl Dawn the mexican restaurant had a la carte items as well as the choice to use your dining package. They didn't ask if we wanted a la carte, we had to ask.

Some restaurants are complimentary

Some restaurants are a la carte and do not take the SDP

Some restaurants are a la carte but you can use the SDP

Some restaurants are cover charge or SDP

Some restaurants are cover charge PLUS SDP

Margaritaville went from complimentary (on Escape) to a la carte (or UDP/SDP) to cover charge (or SDP).

You will have to pay the full cover charge (or use 1 SDP) for even 1 food item.

With every change, Margaritaville became more deserted until it is at the "ghost town" level that it is now.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Getaway last week, it is still a la carte, no cover charge.

Still a ghost town, and the waiters chase you out of there if you only want a drink from the Chill Bar.

Seems that NCL is indeed trying to kill the concept and sever ties with Buffett, Inc.

Still a ghost town, and the waiters chase you out of there if you only want a drink from the Chill Bar.

Seems that NCL is indeed trying to kill the concept and sever ties with Buffett, Inc.

Why would you even be talking to the waiters in that situation? We just walk up and sit down at the Chill bar for a drink, like everyone else. No reason to seek out a waiter or waitress. This was one of our main hangouts, and lots of people do it. It’s a small bar, but its seating is usually full.

Don't know if that's a fact, or not...but I sure would like to see them turn Margaritaville back into the Uptown Grill on the Breakaway...;)

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have the new menu? Or even the drink menu?
Congrats on your special occassion.

But, what new menu ?? Not when NCL is rumored to be ending and shutting down this venue anytime in the near future - the shorten menu was previously posted, not sure if it's posted on beyondship's website. The place was dead at lunch time last November when open for $$ business - practically empty with just 2 tables and maybe 5 guests.

Discuss and ask your planner - ship liaison for your needs, maybe they can come up with something even better. Gratuity/service fee is now 20% added automatically.

Congrats on your special occassion.

But, what new menu ?? Not when NCL is rumored to be ending and shutting down this venue anytime in the near future - the shorten menu was previously posted, not sure if it's posted on beyondship's website. The place was dead at lunch time last November when open for $$ business - practically empty with just 2 tables and maybe 5 guests.

Discuss and ask your planner - ship liaison for your needs, maybe they can come up with something even better. Gratuity/service fee is now 20% added automatically.

Ok. I don't want to go anywhere else, whether its dead or closing or not. And I would love to see any menu whether its drinks or new or old or shortened. I apologize for saying the word new. I'll be bringing 20+ guests in so a dead bar would actually be kind of fun especially to start our bachelorette night out. We can talk easily.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but please don't rain on my parade even if it's not what you'd prefer.

Ok. I don't want to go anywhere else, whether its dead or closing or not. And I would love to see any menu whether its drinks or new or old or shortened. I apologize for saying the word new. I'll be bringing 20+ guests in so a dead bar would actually be kind of fun especially to start our bachelorette night out. We can talk easily.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but please don't rain on my parade even if it's not what you'd prefer.

fyi, pretty sure I saw that Maragaritaville closes by 5 or 6p

The Margaritaville on BA was only open until 2 or 3 when we were there 3 weeks ago. We chose not to use our SDP on it, didn't seem like a good value. We had $200 in OBC and used some of that instead. Portions were good sized and the nachos were awesome!

The waiter will ask you if you want to use your SDP.

A fresh burger, complimentary as well, is even better at O'Sheehans...:)

Gotta disagree. I found Margaritaville’s burger to be much better than O’Sheehan’s. Buffet was somewhere in the middle.

The Haven burger was probably the best.

Though I was in Harvest Caye last week and the Landshark burger was even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk