Where's BDJAM?

Ethel5

Ethel - thanks for missing me...you are a sweet lady. And the rest of you too.Yes, as Coral says, I am on Dawn Princess for 10 days...this is already day five and we are in Puerto Vallarta with beautiful weather. The trip so far has been excellent. As you know I love to cheer for my cruise line and I must say the only complaint I have at this point is that the cruise is half over. Service, quality, friendliness of the crew - it's all up to the usual Princess standard and I couldn't ask for more. I have had a couple of issues that I needed to have taken care of and they've been addressed and resolved efficiently, effectively and politely...and with check-backs by the crew later to ensure all was well. The Cruise Staff is excellent and the 450 kids on board have been well behaved and cared for by the Youth Staff.More when I return...but needless to say, all is very well.

Oh, you snuck out on us and didn't say anything...how very sneaky of you!

And I've been a good mother to that young man!!:D

Brian, I'm glad you're having a wonderful cruise. Let us know what's happening when you have a chance.

I'm sure Brian will give another of his well-written reviews when he returns.

I'm so looking forward to Brian's review of the Dawn sailing from SF. DH and I plan to book our 1/07 cruise while onboard the CB next month. We are still betwixt & between Panama Canal (Coral), longer Mexican Riviera or deep Caribbean on (Dawn - now a ???) or Sun.

We've had snow falling at about one inch per hour since 8AM in parts north of the Motor City, and it's still coming down. Princess, take me away!

Chris

Brian, I'm very interested to hear more about your current cruise on the Dawn. I am seriously thinking about booking her for a 10 day Mexican Riviera for Jan/Feb of 2006. Glad you hear you're enjoying your cruise.

Book it, book it! If you enjoyed Coral Princess, you should enjoy Dawn Princess. She's not up to Coral in amenities, but mirrors her in size and I think the service and quality is very close to what we experienced on Island Princess last year. The itinerary is fine - I'm not into Mexican ports, so I'm enjoying the ship more than the port stops. But with Catalina and San Diego, there is something for me when the ship is in port as well. I've said it before and I will again - I think the smaller ships offer a higher level of service and quality than the bigger ones do...I wouldn't hesitate to book a smaller ship and if the price is right, you can't lose.

Brian -

Lampwick posted a message asking about the card room on the Dawn Princess. Can you check for them - here is the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=266780

There's a post on the thread that is correct - the Card Room and a Conference Room have been relocated to Riviera Deck. I haven't seen them myself, but I can check them out...

And I've been a good mother to that young man!!:D

Brian, I'm glad you're having a wonderful cruise. Let us know what's happening when you have a chance.

I didn't sneak out, honest...just that nobody asked me...!

Cabo today - weather...like the rest of the trip...is perfect. Dawn Princess continues to offer a wonderful experience. I will note that the production shows have left a little to be desired - not because the shows are poor, but because the cast seems not to be up to the material. We've had Pianoman and Tribute and I enjoyed them both immensely on Island Princess...here they are fair. (Coral - Joe Sack would be appalled :-) )That's been the only disappointment. Food continues to be excellent (even in Horizon Court) and the service friendly, unobtrusive (like cocktail waiters on deck wait until you ask them for a drink...no one is hounding you), and very much appreciated by me!I did check out the Card Room and Conference Room. Some inside cabins forward on Riviera Deck have been removed for these two rooms. The Card Room fits - albeit tightly - about eight tables and the conference room is quite impressive. Bridge is being held daily in the card room and it was quite active when I passed by.

Archived