Questions Regarding MSC Seaside

TravelinGert

hi was there apple juice avaibale?

Michie I don't know yet but will report back after our cruise. I have not see apple juice in any of the videos or pictures, but I also haven't seen enough to conclusively state it is not also available.

Potentially helpful New Information:

On this thread it has been reported someone asked the Captain at the Meet and Mingle who brought in the Bar Manager who stated the Fantastic Coupons ARE definitely to be accepted for anything available on the classic drink plan. Which should mean Venchi will give you at the very least cups of gelato, milk shakes, and the regular gelato bars as well as coffee drinks including the one with chocolate in it. MisterBill99 also spoke with the manager of Venchi who stated she would make sure staff were aware. If you're having issues it would probably be best to just politely bring it to their attention again. :)

????QUESTIONS????

There has been discussion regarding the ROOM SERVICE MENU so please anyone who has been on the ship let us know your experience - Is there a fee? Some MSC ships charge a pretty nominal fee for the food with only the fee for delivery waved for Fantastica and Aurea, but some seem to think there is no charge for room service food to Fantastica and Aurea on Seaside. Please let us know!

Is it free to use the treadmill and other equipment in the gym each morning or is there a fee for access?

Michie I don't know yet but will report back after our cruise. I have not see apple juice in any of the videos or pictures, but I also haven't seen enough to conclusively state it is not also available.

On this thread it has been reported someone asked the Captain at the Meet and Mingle who brought in the Bar Manager who stated the Fantastic Coupons ARE definitely to be accepted for anything available on the classic drink plan. Which should mean Venchi will give you at the very least cups of gelato, milk shakes, and the regular gelato bars as well as coffee drinks including the one with chocolate in it. MisterBill99 also spoke with the manager of Venchi who stated she would make sure staff were aware. If you're having issues it would probably be best to just politely bring it to their attention again. :)

????QUESTIONS????

There has been discussion regarding the ROOM SERVICE MENU so please anyone who has been on the ship let us know your experience - Is there a fee? Some MSC ships charge a pretty nominal fee for the food with only the fee for delivery waved for Fantastica and Aurea, but some seem to think there is no charge for room service food to Fantastica and Aurea on Seaside. Please let us know!

Is it free to use the treadmill and other equipment in the gym each morning or is there a fee for access?

Agreed, I'd like to know about whether the food is free or not when ordered through room service. It used to be free on RCI (as when we were there last January), but they now charge $7.95.

Gelato bars are included in the drink package and with drink vouchers? I thought that only gelato in a cup or cone was included?

Gelato bars are included in the drink package and with drink vouchers? I thought that only gelato in a cup or cone was included?

calgaryhhr I will definitely clarify that while on the ship to be certain. I can only say I have spoken to two people who were told CLASSIC gets only milkshakes, plain cups of gelato in two sizes, the plain gelato bars, the coffee drinks which are just a drink only, and the hot chocolate. They were able to use their CLASSIC drink plan without any difficulties at 2 Venchi locations in that way.

They were also told in order to receive chocolate covered gelato bars, the alcoholic chocolate drinks, and the trio which is a cup of espresso with a trio of pralines they would have to upgrade to DELUXE. I have seen some folks post on facebook and in a review here they were definitely able to get the trio and the alcoholic drinks with the DELUXE plan.

Neither the crepes nor any retail items are included on any drink package. By retail items they mean the chocolates at the counter, the boxed chocolates, and things like that.

And just to make it fun I have seen a video from the most recent cruise wherein they were told only plain coffee on the drink plan for a geleto bar or gelato in a cup $5. They wanted gelato so they were charged on camera for their gelato. Came back here to CC and found a post wherein someone on the ship brought up to the Captain at the Meet and Mingle who brought in the Bar Director who stated Venchi should be giving them everything normally in drink plans which should mean gelato in cups and hot chocolates and stuff like the affrogato. Later the Venchi manager was also brought in who stated she would make certain the employees in Venchi knew. Went back to Facebook where one DELUXE drink plan holder on Seaside last week stated they were given crepes no extra charge one day.

I'll be satisfied if they give me the Trio every morning on my Deluxe plan. Great way to start the day! :)

Happy Cruising! :)

I have the unlimited mealtime drink package. For the lunch/dinner buffet is the only way to get a drink is by asking a waiter or is there any self serve?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At least on the early January cruise you had to get a waiter to bring it but it was supposed to be because the automatic dispense system for wine and beer was not working. Once it is those are supposed to be serve yourself options. Or so crew claimed.

At least on the early January cruise you had to get a waiter to bring it but it was supposed to be because the automatic dispense system for wine and beer was not working. Once it is those are supposed to be serve yourself options. Or so crew claimed.

Excellent! Thanks. I won't be sailing until July so hopefully they will have it up and running by then. :)

Question:

I don't drink coffee, but I will have the deluxe plan/YC. Would it be okay to order the espresso with praline trio and 'hold the espresso'?

You can always ask. I don't know what they'll say yet but I'll inquire next week.

Is there a fee for room service on MSC?

On other ships everyone except Yacht Club pays a small fee for food unless they have the deluxe drink plan. I saw 5 euros for two items on a posted menu here on CC. I have not seen anything about a charge for room service food on Seaside. I have seen a room service menu from a Fantastica cabin which was different than the YC food service menu posted here on CC from Seaside. It did not say there was a charge for room service food on any of the pages posted to facebook but I cannot confirm there was not another page with that charge until I get on the ship.

Bella pays a charge for delivery of room service food overnight. I have seen a room service menu from Seaside on facebook which did have this charge in fact there was an entire page devoted to spelling out this charge in multiple languages. Fantastica and Aurea experiences do not pay this charge.

There is always a charge for delivery pizza. During the hours the main buffet is open and not being used as an overflow dining room you can pick up pizza and take it back to your room for no charge.

Hope this helps.

Has someone looked into the photo packages? I wondered if they are a good deal.

Several reviewers were very happy with their photo package purchases. They did say be certain to go down and pick up a special photo card from the photo desk as soon as you board because there is only one computer available to them to move photos from your cruise card to the photo package card. Apparently photos must be moved to this card in order to be placed on your memory stick / downloadable on your web account if you've got the package with these options. Apparently the process takes a bit of time, especially if you have many photos attached to your room key card. Apparently there are photographers around the ship at various activities taking photos.

several reviewers were very happy with their photo package purchases. They did say be certain to go down and pick up a special photo card from the photo desk as soon as you board because there is only one computer available to them to move photos from your cruise card to the photo package card. Apparently photos must be moved to this card in order to be placed on your memory stick / downloadable on your web account if you've got the package with these options. Apparently the process takes a bit of time, especially if you have many photos attached to your room key card. Apparently there are photographers around the ship at various activities taking photos.

thanks!

another question on this- can you get wine/beer "to go"? meaning is it possible to order a wine (or use the taps when they eventually work) and walk back to your room, or to the pool, or something like that, with your drink? Any rules against that as far as you know?

Several reviewers were very happy with their photo package purchases. They did say be certain to go down and pick up a special photo card from the photo desk as soon as you board because there is only one computer available to them to move photos from your cruise card to the photo package card. Apparently photos must be moved to this card in order to be placed on your memory stick / downloadable on your web account if you've got the package with these options. Apparently the process takes a bit of time, especially if you have many photos attached to your room key card. Apparently there are photographers around the ship at various activities taking photos.

I actually read your answer again and have more questions- So I heard there is a "$99" "Sea Card" photo package. Is this what you are referring to? What did you mean by moving photos from cruise card to photo card? How are photos contained or "attached" on your cruise card?

I actually read your answer again and have more questions- So I heard there is a "$99" "Sea Card" photo package. Is this what you are referring to? What did you mean by moving photos from cruise card to photo card? How are photos contained or "attached" on your cruise card?

Anywhere around the ship you can get a photo taken and they scan your key card so that you can take this to a Kodak kiosk and find your picture by again scanning your card. You can then purchase anything from individual pictures to packages including everything from prints to digital copies. Or so I have read in detailed reviews and on facebook. Keep in mind I don't board until Saturday.

You can also buy various photo packages in advance. Or at least they showed on my booking. From several reviews and also a detailed description a friend gave on facebook if you pre-purchase a photo package you're supposed to go to the photo area and grab your photo card as soon as you arrive. They fill you in on how it works. And get a look at you so that they'll know to look for you at activities apparently. The reason for the photo card is any passenger listed in your cabin can get their picture whether with a group or individually whenever they see a photographer and as long as the photo is on that card it will automatically be provided however you've arranged. Most people apparently opt for the package with digital download of photos which can be done to a usb key or your phone or other device prior to leaving the ship and will also be available online at a provided address and log in after you leave the ship for a set period of time.

Apparently from what my friend and some posters here were told if a photo is not digitally linked to this photo card, it will not be in the download or in your online account. People from your cabin can still get photos if they do not have the photo card with you and they'll be scanned to their cabin key card. I do not know if the bracelet works but suspect it probably does. To have the photo then appear with your photo package set it has to be manually arranged to do so by "moving it over" via taking the key card it is scanned to and the photo card to the photo center and waiting your turn for the one computer with this ability to be available to do so. And it takes some time per key card or maybe per photo. Exactly which was not clear.

My friend said no one told them go get a photo card and they only found out accidentally about 3 days in. They went down to see if they could see the photos already taken and when they talked to staff found it out. By that time it took about 2 hours to get them all moved from the various key cards including time spent waiting in line for the person at the single computer that could do it. They had one of the more expensive photo packages which I think was the $99 and got around 200 photos in the end. Oh. And they didn't find out you could get them loaded on your device before leaving the ship, either, but discovered it online when they went to down load their photos after they got home.

You can always ask. I don't know what they'll say yet but I'll inquire next week.

On other ships everyone except Yacht Club pays a small fee for food unless they have the deluxe drink plan. I saw 5 euros for two items on a posted menu here on CC. I have not seen anything about a charge for room service food on Seaside. I have seen a room service menu from a Fantastica cabin which was different than the YC food service menu posted here on CC from Seaside. It did not say there was a charge for room service food on any of the pages posted to facebook but I cannot confirm there was not another page with that charge until I get on the ship.

Bella pays a charge for delivery of room service food overnight. I have seen a room service menu from Seaside on facebook which did have this charge in fact there was an entire page devoted to spelling out this charge in multiple languages. Fantastica and Aurea experiences do not pay this charge.

There is always a charge for delivery pizza. During the hours the main buffet is open and not being used as an overflow dining room you can pick up pizza and take it back to your room for no charge.

Hope this helps.

On Divina; Fantastica and Aurea, do not pay any Room Services charges, other than the actual cost for specialty pizza. YC get this pizza for free and drink delivery (by your butler), as well as a bigger room service menu.