Questions Regarding MSC Seaside

TravelinGert

22. I bought a rectangular shade umbrella and have used it on previous cruises, worked well. Got it on Amazon around $24.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for reporting back on that. I have my shade umbrella all set to go for our cruise in two weeks.

Hi Travelingert - potentially another Q/A for the list. I recall someone asking this recently on another thread, and spotted the answer when I was watching a video today...

Q: Are there steps or ladder in the main (Panorama) pool on deck 18 to assist those with mobility issues?

A: There is a ladder, and what looks like a lift chair to assist folks into the pool

Ladder:

Chair:

... as well as frozen coffee beverages which were about $4.50 +/- on the Divina, so it was a very good deal for us.

For many years already I expect them to put out the "frozen coffee delights" but they are still in. On our cruise in November I ordered six cappucinos and nine frozen coffees, paying only 23 € can indeed be called a very good deal :cool:

For many years already I expect them to put out the "frozen coffee delights" but they are still in. On our cruise in November I ordered six cappucinos and nine frozen coffees, paying only 23 € can indeed be called a very good deal :cool:

SHHHHH!! Don't tell them! LOL!

Good morning! I've heard back from MSC on the Venchi gelato/coffee and black card dining.

From the line's PR team:

Venchi gelato is included in the beverage packages. Venchi coffee, up to a value of $7.50, is included in the classic drink package. The premium package includes all Venchi coffee drinks. Retails items are not included in the beverage packages.

Black card members are entitled to a complimentary specialty restaurant “Tasting Menu” dinner for 2 once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Offer is per stateroom. The tasting menus we refer to are the same as the dining experience menus. Guests can choose from any restaurant on board.

Retail items? Please explain.

Thank you.

MSC has been tweaking their model for years. Far more things have been added (including Loyalty Match) than have been removed, and prices remain very reasonable. I have no problem with tweaking, but it is usually a give and take.

I wouldn't mind if it was a give and take but it seems it's really a take and take.

Retail items? Please explain.

Thank you.

Venchi has boxes of the their chocolates they sell. These are not included in any drink package. Nor are the individual chocolates with the exception of the Deluxe drink plan being able to get the espresso trio which includes a cup of freshly brewed expresso and three "pralines" which is their word for the individual chocolates. They also make dessert crepes with chocolate, fruits, and gelato which are not included in any drink plan at their creperie. I think these are the items Ashley meant when she said "retail" items.

New Questions:

I read in a review you can visit the Aurea sun and spa deck with a spa pass. Is this correct?

I am interested because I read the bar on the private Aurea sundeck with the spa is the only place to get a smoothie. Is there any other bar that serves smoothies?

Is it still no extra charge to utilize the treadmills in the AM in the spa?

New Questions:

I read in a review you can visit the Aurea sun and spa deck (Deck 19 I think) with a spa pass. Is this correct?

I am interested because I read the bar on the private Aurea sundeck with the spa is the only place to get a smoothie. Is there any other bar that serves smoothies?

Is it still no extra charge to utilize the treadmills in the AM in the spa?

Sorry for repost. Added some extra information to the question regarding the Aurea sun and spa deck.

Some random facts I've recently learned about MSC Seaside:

The juice dispenser in the buffet includes pineapple, orange, grapefruit, and cranberry juices available every day at breakfast. So everyone will be spoiled for choice. :)

They handed out a flier with the following at embarkation last Saturday:

Saturday 1-27

Frank Forever 8:15 and 9:30 PM, Classical Favorites at 10:30 PM

Sunday 1-28

The Wizard 7, 8:15, and 9:30 PM, O Sole Mio 10:30 PM

Monday 1-29

My Life in Music 7, 8:15, and 9:30 PM, Clasico Latinos10:30 PM

Tuesday 1-30

Fly 7, 8:15, and 9:30 PM, Invito All / Opera10:30 PM

Wednesday 1-31

Frank Forever 7PM, Butterflies 8:15 and 9:30 PM, From Baroc to Romantic 10:40 PM

Thursday 2-1

Timeless 7, 8:15, and 9:30 PM, Opera, Operetta, and Musicals 10:30 PM

Friday 2-2

Peter Punk 7, 8:15, and 9:30 PM, Evergreen Classics 10:30 PM

Saturday 2-3

Sunday 2-4

Monday 2-5

Tuesday 2-6

Wednesday 2-7

Frank Forever 7PM, Butterflies 8:15 and 9:30 PM, From Baroc to Romantic 10:40 PM

Thursday 2-8

Friday 2-9

Now if only I knew our exact dinner assignment I could start planning. ;p :)

Free Cruise Bingo:

They have a Win a Cruise bingo session each cruise and this week it is being held on Thursday at 3pm. Don't know if it is always held on a Thursday but it is something to watch for! Some have said they thought it was held each sea day. Reports from the ship are 1 card for $10, 3 for $20, and the next tier was $40 but she didn't know how many cards.

Using the MSC for Me App and Internet if you bought it:

Some are reporting difficulty locating instructions for logging onto their pre-paid internet packages once they board Seaside and using the app. I have been given these instructions:

First MSC for Me app:

1. Be certain to download MSC for Me prior to boarding somewhere with cheaper data like somewhere with free wifi.

2. Once onboard connect to the MSC-SEASIDE HOTSPOT on WiFi which you can do by enabling only the WiFi on your phone. If you don't know how to enable only WiFi in airplane mode, google search videos using your phone name + Enable Wifi in Airplane Mode for detailed instructions again while on cheap data like free wifi.

Internet Package:

1. Make sure you are connected to the MSC-SEASIDE HOTSPOT on WiFi.

2. Open a web browser and type login dot mscwifi dot com in the address bar where actual dots are substituted for the words here. I have used words since this isn't a link for home internet.

3. Click create account

4. Locate internet ID on front bottom right of your cruise card. Enter it where asked and then choose a password. Click create account.

5. Login to account with new credentials and a page will pop up instructing you as to what settings you should turn off on your device to avoid excess data usage such as location services, auto update of apps etc. and especially fetch data for email accounts. Click the X at the top to close. It will appear every time you load the page in case you need it later.

6. After closing above pop up, at the top of page there will be two buttons START and STOP. Click on start to turn on your internet service. When not in use I recommend going back to this page and clicking STOP so you do not incur data usage in case you forgot to turn something off.

7. At anytime scroll down below the START/ STOP buttons and you will see how many devices are connected and it will also show individual and total device mb usage and how much remains of your package. Below this there are options to top off with another 500mb for 11.00 and other internet packages below that.

8. After connecting and using internet at anytime it appears to not be working be sure to go back to web page and make sure the service is started. If unsure just stop service and then restart it and you should be good to go.

MSC for me app extra information:

You can check balances, track your scheduled shows and current on board spending etc. NOTE: the kids bands that are to allow you to track there location on the ship are not currently being used due to a failure issue with them in the water areas. They have sent them back to get updated/ repaired and was unknown when they would be completed. For now they are using the traditional bar code wrist band.

And a bit of a question:

Some are reporting on facebook receiving the crepes at no extra charge with the Deluxe drink plan. Don't know if they're just confused or this is another change or what?

Some random facts I've recently learned about MSC Seaside:

The juice dispenser in the buffet includes pineapple, orange, grapefruit, and cranberry juices available every day at breakfast. So everyone will be spoiled for choice. :)

They handed out a flier with the following at embarkation last Saturday:

Saturday 1-27

Sunday 1-28

Monday 1-29

Tuesday 1-30

Wednesday 1-31

Thursday 2-1

Friday 2-2

Saturday 2-3

Sunday 2-4

Monday 2-5

Tuesday 2-6

Wednesday 2-7

Thursday 2-8

Friday 2-9

Now if only I knew our exact dinner assignment I could start planning. ;p :)

Free Cruise Bingo:

They have a Win a Cruise bingo session each cruise and this week it is being held on Thursday at 3pm. Don't know if it is always held on a Thursday but it is something to watch for! Some have said they thought it was held each sea day. Reports from the ship are 1 card for $10, 3 for $20, and the next tier was $40 but she didn't know how many cards.

Using the MSC for Me App and Internet if you bought it:

Some are reporting difficulty locating instructions for logging onto their pre-paid internet packages once they board Seaside and using the app. I have been given these instructions:

First MSC for Me app:

1. Be certain to download MSC for Me prior to boarding somewhere with cheaper data like somewhere with free wifi.

2. Once onboard connect to the MSC-SEASIDE HOTSPOT on WiFi which you can do by enabling only the WiFi on your phone. If you don't know how to enable only WiFi in airplane mode, google search videos using your phone name + Enable Wifi in Airplane Mode for detailed instructions again while on cheap data like free wifi.

Internet Package:

1. Make sure you are connected to the MSC-SEASIDE HOTSPOT on WiFi.

2. Open a web browser and type login dot mscwifi dot com in the address bar where actual dots are substituted for the words here. I have used words since this isn't a link for home internet.

3. Click create account

4. Locate internet ID on front bottom right of your cruise card. Enter it where asked and then choose a password. Click create account.

5. Login to account with new credentials and a page will pop up instructing you as to what settings you should turn off on your device to avoid excess data usage such as location services, auto update of apps etc. and especially fetch data for email accounts. Click the X at the top to close. It will appear every time you load the page in case you need it later.

6. After closing above pop up, at the top of page there will be two buttons START and STOP. Click on start to turn on your internet service. When not in use I recommend going back to this page and clicking STOP so you do not incur data usage in case you forgot to turn something off.

7. At anytime scroll down below the START/ STOP buttons and you will see how many devices are connected and it will also show individual and total device mb usage and how much remains of your package. Below this there are options to top off with another 500mb for 11.00 and other internet packages below that.

8. After connecting and using internet at anytime it appears to not be working be sure to go back to web page and make sure the service is started. If unsure just stop service and then restart it and you should be good to go.

MSC for me app extra information:

You can check balances, track your scheduled shows and current on board spending etc. NOTE: the kids bands that are to allow you to track there location on the ship are not currently being used due to a failure issue with them in the water areas. They have sent them back to get updated/ repaired and was unknown when they would be completed. For now they are using the traditional bar code wrist band.

And a bit of a question:

Some are reporting on facebook receiving the crepes at no extra charge with the Deluxe drink plan. Don't know if they're just confused or this is another change or what?

Thanks this will be very useful in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has there been any update of a charge for the interactive slide (not sure the correct name) but there were rumors when MSC initiated the zipline fee that they were also going to charge for it. Personally I think that would be a big mistake on their part...people can only take so much nickle and diming!

Has there been any update of a charge for the interactive slide (not sure the correct name) but there were rumors when MSC initiated the zipline fee that they were also going to charge for it. Personally I think that would be a big mistake on their part...people can only take so much nickle and diming!

No charge for any of the slides. For now at least.

Hi.. We loved seeing the Seaside when it was docked next to the CarnivalCruise ship that we were sailing on a few weeks ago. We just called MSC to ask a few questions. They told us that this cruise line was geared to European guests. Most guests wear gowns and tuxedos on formal nights. That there is a mandatory day set aside where all the guests wear white clothing..? Could someone shed some light on what to expect on an MSC Cruise. We enjoy formal nights on Carnival and dress nice but never where gowns. We just want to make sure prior to booking that we know what to expect. Anything else you think would be helpful would be great

Thank you

Hi.. We loved seeing the Seaside when it was docked next to the CarnivalCruise ship that we were sailing on a few weeks ago. We just called MSC to ask a few questions. They told us that this cruise line was geared to European guests. Most guests wear gowns and tuxedos on formal nights. That there is a mandatory day set aside where all the guests wear white clothing..? Could someone shed some light on what to expect on an MSC Cruise. We enjoy formal nights on Carnival and dress nice but never where gowns. We just want to make sure prior to booking that we know what to expect. Anything else you think would be helpful would be great

Thank you

They have exaggerated somewhat! There is a white night when you can join in if you wish, a couple of elegant nights, cocktail dress is fine.

The clientele from reading the forums is very international.

We have had 2 trips on Divina and another in a couple of weeks on Seaside.

Read through the board and you will get a lot of good information.

The reviews at the moment are very mixed as the ship is brand new.

Also some good videos on YouTube again mixed reviews.

We are looking forward to our trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gert ... You can get smoothies at the Miramar bar on Deck 18, well we did over Xmas so can only guess you still can.

Thanks so much Sidari!

As of right now I am all packed for our cruise and with that last bit of information I think we are ready. Just over ten days to go now! :) :champagne-toast:

Not yet no :(

Are there any on demand movies or TV shows that you can watch for free in your room?

Movies available for $8 a pop. TV channels are available, but no ABC, NBC, CBS, or Fox. Probably a selection of international programming available. This info was taken from Jimzim's excellent YouTube video. I think his CC handle is Spaniel Lover or something like that.