Wow....some really harsh words about the Seaside !

Shippy

The buffet on 8 has been closed in the evenings on our cruise because they've had to switch it over to a sit down restaurant to accommodate the number of passengers.

I don't understand how they couldn't have enough room in the 2 MDRs for the number of passengers on the ship. Maybe because they had so many kids this week? Either way, the ship should have been designed to hold the max capacity in the MDRs!

Meanwhile I saw some comments on Instagram that this past cruise was also a disaster. Apparently they ran out of food the first night! And staff attitudes are still poor. I really hope they get their sh*t together in the next month!

I don't understand how they couldn't have enough room in the 2 MDRs for the number of passengers on the ship. Maybe because they had so many kids this week? Either way, the ship should have been designed to hold the max capacity in the MDRs!

Meanwhile I saw some comments on Instagram that this past cruise was also a disaster. Apparently they ran out of food the first night! And staff attitudes are still poor. I really hope they get their sh*t together in the next month!

What were the comments? I’ve been following a lot of social media on this exciting ship and haven’t heard that. Agree w you on MDR size though

What were the comments? I’ve been following a lot of social media on this exciting ship and haven’t heard that. Agree w you on MDR size though

From a TA whose customers were on the ship: "Yeah from what the email said, they ran out of food and not everyone ate the first night. Staff was rude. Luggage delivery delayed. I just know its going to be a long call when I call them next week lol"

From someone who was on the cruise: "I cruised on this ship yesterday and it was a disaster.The first night we didn't have anything to eat from the cruise,thankfully we had snacks etc.On our luggage and we ate that.The staff wad extremely rude,when i asked for fresh towels in my room they said they didn't care and the towels were never delivered!!When we went to eat on the evening the staff there was a little nicer but the room service was garbage!!!And the prices for room service were extremely high!!They charge you 12.00$ For a BURGER PLAIN! And if you want to add something else they charge you 2.00$!! Definitely wont be cruising again on this ship.I'll just stick with Royal Caribbean which is the best!!"

I'm tempted to tag the captain on a reply to make him read the comments. Update - I tagged him and @MSCcruisesofficial.

Edited by MisterBill99

From a TA whose customers were on the ship: "Yeah from what the email said, they ran out of food and not everyone ate the first night. Staff was rude. Luggage delivery delayed. I just know its going to be a long call when I call them next week lol"

From someone who was on the cruise: "I cruised on this ship yesterday and it was a disaster.The first night we didn't have anything to eat from the cruise,thankfully we had snacks etc.On our luggage and we ate that.The staff wad extremely rude,when i asked for fresh towels in my room they said they didn't care and the towels were never delivered!!When we went to eat on the evening the staff there was a little nicer but the room service was garbage!!!And the prices for room service were extremely high!!They charge you 12.00$ For a BURGER PLAIN! And if you want to add something else they charge you 2.00$!! Definitely wont be cruising again on this ship.I'll just stick with Royal Caribbean which is the best!!"

I'm tempted to tag the captain on a reply to make him read the comments.

Seriously?

I am on the Seaside right now. Been on many transatlantic voyages out of drydock, but no maiden voyages. Paid very little for this cruise, so my expectations were minimal. That said, things are pretty bad on the ship. Crew telling me this voyage is not the real cruise is simply not right. Been with MSC for a long time on other ships. Totally different, which I expected. High tech and very modern, with lots of issues that will probably soon be addressed. Larger food portions, lower quality. Crew mostly from other MSC ships. Yes, still working out staffing issues, but many don't care or try to address concerns. Because it's not the real cruise! Ha!

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

The larger food portions with lower quality concerns me soooo much. That could eventually be a deal breaker for us. We cruised MSC last July in the YC, and fully loved European experience, including the food. It was so nice to eat quality and healthful food that didn't adhere to the American "super-size" me model. I really hope that MSC hasn't changed the food quality as we have booked again this summer. Hopefully, this is just part of the "it's not a real cruise" deal! :')

I find it beyond belief that people could not have dinner the first night and were eating snacks out of their luggage. It doesn't past the basic sniff test for me.

Mentioned by the TA and the person who was on the ship. It did not appear to be theTA's customer who posted.

Mentioned by the TA and the person who was on the ship. It did not appear to be theTA's customer who posted.

I would have no issue believing they ran out of specific items, I can not believe they were not able to eat dinner.

If they think RCI is greener pastures they may be in for a rude shock if they haven't sailed Royal in a while...

I find it beyond belief that people could not have dinner the first night and were eating snacks out of their luggage. It doesn't past the basic sniff test for me.

This ^[emoji817]- I dismissed that entire review, much like I dismiss the reviews that are nothing but “glowing”. I suspect the person at MSc that was tagged will also dismiss that review.

MSC is a good value- but, like many other lines, she has her share of issues. Themes that appear consistently in the reviews are poor food quality, slow service, lack of consistent information. I experienced all 3 on both my divina cruises and would say it’s a pretty safe bet that should i choose to sail MSc again, (and those about to sail) there is a good chance i will experience similar issues.

Some of The positive themes in the reviews are good value for the dollar, Beautiful/clean ships, and incredible pizza! I experienced all three of these both sailings also. :).

Would I sail MSc again? Absolutely! but for the right price. I find that Keeping expectations in line with cost paid is best practice for any purchase- vacations included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

If they think RCI is greener pastures they may be in for a rude shock if they haven't sailed Royal in a while...

1000% agree! I have had it with Royal - we used to cruise with them 2-3 times a year. The last one was Anthem of the Seas this past Jan. The only good thing about Royal is the Concierge Lounge, and even that is not available on every ship. Their prices do not justify the quality.

We went on Meravigilia this past June. Booked for Seside this Jan and Musica in May. For what we are paying, I cannot complain. I am trying to find a sailing where YC cabins are actually avaiable!

The larger food portions with lower quality concerns me soooo much. That could eventually be a deal breaker for us. We cruised MSC last July in the YC, and fully loved European experience, including the food. It was so nice to eat quality and healthful food that didn't adhere to the American "super-size" me model. I really hope that MSC hasn't changed the food quality as we have booked again this summer. Hopefully, this is just part of the "it's not a real cruise" deal! :')

If your taking a US based cruise...expect MSC to continue to "Americanize" the cruise experience...so look to Mediteranean cruises for the European feel. MSC has been openly publishing their aggressive pursuit of being very competitive in the North America market. The Seaside is their start....

My opinion on MSC, based on prior experience, is that you need to book YC or go on another line. Sad but true, the people happy on the ship are YC, while the other 90% of the ship, many are unhappy. It is like this on most MSC voyages.

I sailed on the Divina in a balcony cabin last summer and had a wonderful experience!

My kids will be disappointed in they can't get some free milkshakes. I guess they can still have some frozen cocktails but a milkshake would be a great treat.

I felt like we got really nickle and dimed on our last cruise on the NCL Escape and I was hoping that Seaside would be better but it sounds like it might be a similar experience.

Well, how much ice cream do they need? There will be ice cream with dinner, they can have as much as they like there. And otherwise, unless the prices have changed, it shouldn't be very expensive - probably not a nickel or dime but still. And if it's included for the adults - just get one for "yourself" and give it to your kid.

Well, how much ice cream do they need? There will be ice cream with dinner, they can have as much as they like there.

Dining room ice cream is not the same as what are apparently excellent milkshakes at the chocolate place. Your suggestion is not helpful or appropriate.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Dining room ice cream is not the same as what are apparently excellent milkshakes at the chocolate place. Your suggestion is not helpful or appropriate.

Sorry, I did not mean to offend. You skipped some of my response though. Was the remainder helpful? Not sure how my suggestion was inappropriate.

Sorry, I did not mean to offend. You skipped some of my response though. Was the remainder helpful? Not sure how my suggestion was inappropriate.
Actually, no. I didn't think that telling the parents to use their free drinks for their kids milkshakes was useful, either.

And saying they can get ice cream at dinner instead of one of the good milkshakes (presumably made with the good gelato) is like telling someone who wants a steak at dinner that they should just have a burger instead.

Actually, no. I didn't think that telling the parents to use their free drinks for their kids milkshakes was useful, either.

And saying they can get ice cream at dinner instead of one of the good milkshakes (presumably made with the good gelato) is like telling someone who wants a steak at dinner that they should just have a burger instead.

Got it. My apologies. I guess then you should just buy the delicious milkshake, seems like your only option, imo nothing to get too upset about. I hope you'll have a relaxing cruise.

Now I hear MSC is charging for both the Zip-line and the Slide-boarding water-slide: how stupid does this company think we Americans are? What are they trying to do: trying to outdo NCL, at being NCL? You know, fees, fees, and more fees!!!

My suggestion is to buy several coffee coupon books before you leave: they are quite cheap and you can use them for ice cream and milkshakes.
Did not realize that they could be used for ggelato and shakes. If so, it's a great deal since I think it is only like $2 a coupon.

My suggestion is to buy several coffee coupon books before you leave: they are quite cheap and you can use them for ice cream and milkshakes.

Get someone else to confirm this but we sailed Divina in November and were not allowed to use coffee cuddle vouchers to get gelato at the pool bar. We didnt try at Piazza del Doge.

Get someone else to confirm this but we sailed Divina in November and were not allowed to use coffee cuddle vouchers to get gelato at the pool bar. We didnt try at Piazza del Doge.

I am going to ask this question on sidari's thread he started. This would be a good deal if it is true!