Specific question about the change in deposits

warmwinds

We just booked Bermuda for 2019, and since it is so far in the future we opted to pay the bit extra and have a refundable deposit.

First invoice we got was incorrect - showed the deposit as non-refundable. Had to call and wait half a day to have it fixed, since system updating "takes 4 hours". :rolleyes:

Second invoice we got does NOT SAY (and this is my problem) that it is fully refundable, just says "deposit"

I do not want any argument, say, 6 months or a year from now (cruise is 1 1/2 years from now) when they say "oh, all deposits are non-refundable now - no refund if you cancel".

So before I call tomorrow to say I want the wording "fully refundable" added, has anyone else had this issue?

Oh, and the second deposit has our name spelled incorrectly. How hard is it just to copy the correct name down?

Really disgusted with the incompetence and fact I've spent so much time on this already. And this is reserving through the Captain's Club, which usually has better agents. Not this time.

We just booked Bermuda for 2019, and since it is so far in the future we opted to pay the bit extra and have a refundable deposit.

First invoice we got was incorrect - showed the deposit as non-refundable. Had to call and wait half a day to have it fixed, since system updating "takes 4 hours". :rolleyes:

Second invoice we got does NOT SAY (and this is my problem) that it is fully refundable, just says "deposit"

I do not want any argument, say, 6 months or a year from now (cruise is 1 1/2 years from now) when they say "oh, all deposits are non-refundable now - no refund if you cancel".

So before I call tomorrow to say I want the wording "fully refundable" added, has anyone else had this issue?

Oh, and the second deposit has our name spelled incorrectly. How hard is it just to copy the correct name down?

Really disgusted with the incompetence and fact I've spent so much time on this already. And this is reserving through the Captain's Club, which usually has better agents. Not this time.

We just booked a Nov, 2019, TA and your post got me wondering how our deposit was classified. Nothing - just "We have received your deposit and it is currently being processed".

Have you thought of using a travel agent. A travel agent would take care of things like this or finding things like this before you even see a problem.

Don't want one, was one in another life, and no, they do NOT catch everything - how many times do people say "I noticed this, or my price went down and I missed the window because my TA was not available, my TA went out of business/quit/disappeared and I don't know what's happening to my reservation"...no thanks.

And how would MY seeing the problem (which I did) be any different from a TA seeing it (if they did)? I like to have the control over my own reservation.

So, do you know anything about the new wording for the deposits?

I looked at the guest invoice for the last reservation I booked directly with Celebrity and there is a section call Cancellation Schedule which lists the penalty for each phase. I'd expect they would have updated this section but knowing the lack of attention to detail in Miami they probably haven't figured this out yet.

I looked at the guest invoice for the last reservation I booked directly with Celebrity and there is a section call Cancellation Schedule which lists the penalty for each phase. I'd expect they would have updated this section but knowing the lack of attention to detail in Miami they probably haven't figured this out yet.

I agree with your comment on lack of attention to detail - just got an email ad from them regarding the current sale - fine print said I had to book it before 10/2/17!