Is Liberty Arriving Late Tomorrow In Galveston?

We are scheduled to leave on Liberty tomorrow, but we got a text from RCI this afternoon saying the ship would be late and they will give us a new boarding times by 9am tomorrow. They said the reason was the scheduled maintenance took longer and they have run into a storm.

I am assuming they will do everything possible to get everyone on the ship the same day, no matter how late, and depart later the same day. At this point, it looks like it is about 6 hours behind schedule.

So my question is - If it is will they do anything special on board to "apologize" for their tardiness?

Edited by LeftyFrizell
misspelling

So my question is - If it is will they do anything special on board to "apologize" for their tardiness?

doubtful. on my navigator cruise a while back we were supposed to leave at 4:30 and didnt leave till 11pm. and not even a whisper of an apology.

I saw a comment on Galveston Cruise Cam that the Liberty will be arriving late tomorrow in Galveston due to rough seas and leaving late from Nassau. Can anyone confirm this? What a nightmare boarding tomorrow if this is true.

Bit more of a nightmare for those missing flights on the current cruise.

Bit more of a nightmare for those missing flights on the current cruise.

I agree! We are boarding tomorrow and can’t imagine the nightmare for the folks getting off. We may be inconvenienced, but we are on vacation and have nowhere else to be. We do have a 3 and 6 year old so that could be tricky. Anyone have any tips for stuff to do within walking distance of the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree! We are boarding tomorrow and can’t imagine the nightmare for the folks getting off. We may be inconvenienced, but we are on vacation and have nowhere else to be. We do have a 3 and 6 year old so that could be tricky. Anyone have any tips for stuff to do within walking distance of the port?

Have lunch, there are a number of restaurants within walking distance.

Within walking distance of the Port is the Pirates Museum, Train Museum or the sailing ship, Elissa. A little further away (you may need to drive) is the Galveston Children's Museum. Galveston.com has a bunch of information for things to do (moderator if that information is against Cruise Critic rules, delete the reference to Galveston.com)

Terry

A Galveston resident

Edited by aacruise
Adjusted end sentence

I asked this on my roll call, but there might be more prolific cruisers here on the main board.

If embarkation IS at 5 pm...when would final all aboard likely be? Will they tell us that in the email tomorrow?

Should be 90 minutes before scheduled departure.

All knowing Bob :)

What is your guess on muster and luggage delivery on the basis of embarkation?

I have a 3 and 1 year old and bedtime would be much easier if we know what we should take in our carry on.

Thanks in advance!

I have a 3 and 1 year old and bedtime would be much easier if we know what we should take in our carry on.

Thanks in advance!

Yes! Thinking about my three year old whos already travel weary. Lol.

Thanks in advance!

I would take everything you need for their bedtime in your carry-on.

Currently on the LOS and the official arrival time is still 1:30 although the seas are calmer & we are going faster than the previous 24 hours allowed. Rumor on the ship is we will arrive before 1:30 but I personally don’t think it will be more than 45-60 mins early.

Communication has been minimal. This afternoon GS told us luggage pick-up would tomorrow morning; “ since we wont arrive until afternoon you will need your stuff, so luggage will be collected in the a.m.; you will get a letter tonight with the details.” Stopped at the cabin after the show (8 00pm) were the CD said Captain would update us in the morning with arrival time & details.

A cabin steward we saw every day asked if we had put our luggage out:o:o. Pick up was between 7:30 -11. No info in cabin only luggage tags. Long lines st GS as there has been no communication. Had we not run into that cabin steward we would have returned to the cabin 11:30-12 and had to pack. As it is we were late to dinner and are carrying off more than we would have had we been informed.

Lots of people have had to pay $$ to change their flights to late tomorrow and many couldn’t get flights out and are having to stay overnight in Houston and pay more to get back home. Fortunately we are driving. A little communication would have gone a long way.

• 2 weeks later...

A follow up to this thread...

I believe the shipped docked around Noon. Everything was delayed about 5-6 hours. We received notice at 9am to arrive at 3pm at the earliest, where our original starting arrival time was 10am. We got there at 3pm, which most of the other passengers did as well. It was mayhem outside as everyone arrived in a very short window. I heard from 1 of the staff, people starting shoving to get in the terminal at some point. Once you got in a real queue, it was multiple long lines. They did move, you just had to be patient. In the end everyone got on and we departed around 10pm that night. I think the RC staff did everything they did, but outside the terminal building was different. No organization, no loudspeakers. The employees were yelling at the top of lungs to get things organized. Once on board, everything was fine. Of course everything was delayed, like your room being ready and luggage delivered. There was a $25/pp credit, which was nice, which buys exactly 2 drinks.

With all that said, the people coming off probably got the worst of it, especially if they had a flight or a long drive.

Strange people were not offered free internet to change flight plans for their returning flights.

That has happened a few times when our ship has arrived late for one reason or other.

Strange RCCL didn't do the same this time for this issue. For someone onboard you sure this wasn't offered by RCCL ?

Strange people were not offered free internet to change flight plans for their returning flights.

That has happened a few times when our ship has arrived late for one reason or other.

Strange RCCL didn't do the same this time for this issue. For someone onboard you sure this wasn't offered by RCCL ?

I was on that cruise, and pax were given free internet access for that very reason.