Bringing an air mattress on board ???

kbset

Hi everyone!

We are NCL newbies and are cruising on the Jade in late January with our 3 ½ year old daughter who has a physical disability which makes her bones fragile(Osteogenesis Imperfecta). We will be in a mini-suite (MB). Due to our daughter’s fragile nature, my husband and I were wondering if it would be acceptable to bring her a small toddler inflatable air mattress on board (dimensions are 42"W x 66"L x 10"H). We wouldn’t want to put her on the pull out couch because we are afraid she would fall off during the night since she still sleeps in a crib at home. Sleeping with us is not an option either as we don’t want to squash her lol! We would do a pack and play but she just screams when she is put in one....she has pretty high anxiety. Any input would be appreciated! Thank you!

~Katrina

We cruised last January with our 3 1/2 year old twin boys on the Epic. We had them sleep in Kidco peapods. The peapod dimensions are 46" x 18" x 28". We were in a balcony on the Epic. We cruised previously on the Jade in a mini suite, prior to kids. From what I remember of the Jade, the floor space between the couch and storage cabinet is huge compared to the floor space on the Epic balcony rooms. We easily fit the two peapod tents on the Epic, and I imagine there won't be any issues fitting the air mattress in the minisuite.

Just let your room steward know not to set up the extra bed, and that you are using something else for your daughter.

Edited by jwbrmb522
To add more info

We cruised last January with our 3 1/2 year old twin boys on the Epic. We had them sleep in Kidco peapods. The peapod dimensions are 46" x 18" x 28". We were in a balcony on the Epic. We cruised previously on the Jade in a mini suite, prior to kids. From what I remember of the Jade, the floor space between the couch and storage cabinet is huge compared to the floor space on the Epic balcony rooms. We easily fit the two peapod tents on the Epic, and I imagine there won't be any issues fitting the air mattress in the minisuite.

Just let your room steward know not to set up the extra bed, and that you are using something else for your daughter.

I had to look up what a Kidco Peapod was....VERY interesting!!! We might look at getting something similar for her instead. The air mattress isn't very big and probably weighs about 8 pounds, we planned on putting it in a backpack, but the Peapod idea seems much more compact. Thank you, definitely going to check that out!

It is not a problem to bring an air mattress on board. I have done it two times. Both times I brought a fitted bottom sheet and asked the room steward for a sheet and blanket. The steward even asked if I would like him to make up the air mattress in the evening, but I declined.

It is not a problem to bring an air mattress on board. I have done it two times. Both times I brought a fitted bottom sheet and asked the room steward for a sheet and blanket. The steward even asked if I would like him to make up the air mattress in the evening, but I declined.

Thank you so much for letting me know! One less thing for us to worry about :)