Anyone done Nativeways in GR Cayman lately?

NewWaveDave

We went out with them on the Reef, Ray, Rum Point (RRR) excursion on 11/29/05. The freshly harvested conch cocktail that Capt. Sheldon made was delicious---should have asked him for the rest. Besides our snorkeling excursion in Cozumel with Eagly Ray Divers, they were the second highlight of our cruise. We did not have any problems registering with them as they replied in a couple of days.

We were there off the Rhapsody last week and absolutely loved everything about NativeWay. Their boats are modern and fast, we were not crowded at all, the guys were friendly, the video pro accompanying them took great pictures of all the guys efforts and the highlight of our trip was the swim with the rays.

Do it Mon! It's worth it. Sharon will eventually answer you. If not, post again tomorrow and I'll email you her phone number.

We were there off the Rhapsody last week and absolutely loved everything about NativeWay. Their boats are modern and fast, we were not crowded at all, the guys were friendly, the video pro accompanying them took great pictures of all the guys efforts and the highlight of our trip was the swim with the rays.

Do it Mon! It's worth it. Sharon will eventually answer you. If not, post again tomorrow and I'll email you her phone number.

I finally made contact with them today. Seems like my return e-mail address got messed up and they said their e-mails to me were returned as undeliverable. Oops!

Karen, The Nativeways 1/2 day excursion to StingRay City and Coral Gardens leaves from the terminal at 10:30 am. So depending on what time your ship arrives, you should be able to get to shore. The good aspect of going with Nativeways is that they take reservations without any prepay or credit card required. If you have been to Grand Cayman, you probably already know that heavy seas and weather prohibit cruise ships from tendering in people to shore 15-20% of the time. With Nativeways, you don't have to worry about getting a refund or credit.

Also, I have been to Grand Cayman when the waves are to high and the cruiseline-sponsored tours to StingRay City were cancelled. Our Nativeways tour went out as scheduled. If you are prone to sea sickness, this may not matter as I would not recommend going out when the waves are greater than 1 1/2 feet.

Bottom line is you may actually do better by booking with a private excursion.

We will be in Grand Cayman in early February. We'll let them know you are coming.

In case you want to fix your Countdown Clock, here is some info that I posted on another thread: Try generating the Countdown Clock code at the following website? http://www.echlforums.com/clock.htm

Just enter in the date/times and select "Gernerate CruiseCritic BB Clock Code". Highlight all of the text in the box located below the button you just depressed. Then simultaneously depress the "Ctrl" key and the "c" key to copy the text to your cut/paste buffer. Then go to CruiseCritic to edit your Signature by selecting "User CP", "Edit Signature". Place the cursor in the box titled "Your Signature" and then simultaneously depress the "Ctrl" key and the "v" key to paste the Countdown code in your Signature block. Select "Preview Signature" at the bottom of the page and if it looks OK, save it.

Hi Steff,

I've been taking finals and studying so I haven't been on the boards lately. We're on the Rays, Reef, and Rum tour on March 15th, just two of us, my boyfriend and I. We'll be on Liberty that week. We just confirmed the tour this week and I'm really excited!!! 86 days :) Are you on the same tour??

Nativeways will charge your CC if you do not show up. They will not charge you if your ship doesn't arrive or any circumstances beyond your control.....but they will charge it if you just decide not to go.

We received our DVD from the trip last week and loved it....very professional looking and it came in two weeks. Much sooner than I expected.

You can find Nativeways at the link below. As far as non-swimmers going, you may have to help them or they could use some type of floatation device to get from the boat to the sandbar. The sandbar is about 3 and 1/2 feet deep, but the boats back up to the sandbar and lay anchor in about 6-7 feet of water. You have to swim about 20 feet to get to the shallow water. I have been on the sandbar with 2 foot waves and it was a bit challenging to keep from swallowing salt water.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com

Archived