Cairns 2 days - what time to ba back on ship?

Muffinz

We’re doing our first ever cruise in March / April next year from Sydney up to Cairns / Port Douglas (Great Barrier Reef) on Soilstice.

We have 2 days in Cairns before it goes up to Port Douglas

On the itinerary it says it arrives in Cairns 10am and departs Cairns 7pm the next day – but it doesn’t say what time we need to be back on board the ship by on the first day.

We will be tendered ashore (and back) at Yorkeys Knob (Cairns) as the ship is too big to dock in Cairns itself.

Who can we contact at Celebrity to find out when the last tender boats leave Yorkeys knob (Cairns) to go back to the ship?

The reason I’m asking is because we’ve found a great tour (private excursion) we’d like to do on the 1st day in Cairns, and it drops us back at Yorkeys Knob at 5:30pm – but I’m not sure if the tender boats will still be there taking passengers back to the ship at that time

And the last thing we want to do is miss the ship and have to spend a night in Cairns somewhere!

Does anyone know who to ask at Celebrity – or has anyone done this cruise and knows what time the tender boats operate to or when the ‘cut off’ is to be back on the ship?

Thanks in advance

You will have no problem at 5:30PM

We've done overnights on =X= in tender ports and the tenders will generally run all night (believe me, the crew will use them) although at a very reduced schedule (like maybe one every 45 minutes or so).

But Cairns is a great place to spend a night :-)

Calling Celebrity will likely be futile.

Unfortunately calling Celebrity (as with other cruise lines) you will most likely talk to a person who has never set foot on a ship much less take a cruise. So if the answers to your questions aren’t in their manuals database they will make up something.

ECcruise’s experience is the same as ours. On a overnight in port you can come and go 24 hours. In a tender port the tenders will run all night just not with the same frequency as during peak hours.

Muffinz: We are also on your cruise. That particular cruise is the first leg of a B2B for us, and we did a variation of that itinerary in 2016. Last month I read the roll call for that sailing, but since we are dealing with serious health problems with an elderly parent I haven't posted recently. But I am reading CC as reading CC has essentially become therapy for me (believe me -- I REALLY need our upcoming time on the Solstice).

On that roll call there have been a number of questions about tendering off the Solstice while in Australia/New Zealand/French Polynesia and I will make sure I post on the April 11th roll call tomorrow. It is clear to me that very few posters on either that roll call or the following sailing have much experience on Celebrity. While neither my husband nor I pretend to be experts we actually are Zenith members of the Captain Club loyalty program, so can answer some questions. I will post on the roll call tomorrow.

Hi, we are on that cruise as well..... on overnighters there is no 'curfew' on the first night. You can come and go as you please, and, yes the tenders will run all night. Once past midnight though the times between tenders will be longer which is understandable. Should be a great cruise.

Cheers

Belinda