Holland America app

Vacaforever

There is no such thing as a Holland America App. The Holland America Navigator is a web utility that provides information on your cruise. There's nothing to load no software required except the web browser of your choice. It's the default home screen when you connect to the wifi on a HAL ship with lots of information (exact format and content may vary a bit by ship but there is access to most menus, schedules of events (both a shipwide schedule and things you have booked), access to view your account and miscellaneous other stuff. It also contains the page where you log into the ship's internet connection.

Just connect to "XXXdam guest" network and work from there.

Roy

You have to be connected to wifi. Wifi is free, but only connects you to a shipboard server. It is an extra step to log on to the wider internet which is not free. One of the choices you will see once you open the Navigator is "Connect to Paid Internet"

Roy

This is what the app home page looks like on your phone.
Please stop calling the LAN page an "app" as that misleads people into thinking it is something that needs to be installed on their phone or device. Thank you. Edited by catl331
  • Thanks 1

Please stop calling the LAN page an "app" as that misleads people into thinking it is something that needs to be installed on their phone or device. Thank you.

I beg your pardon, but it is a web app; so I am just using a shortened version of what it is.

I beg your pardon, but it is a web app; so I am just using a shortened version of what it is.
The majority of people using smart phone/laptop/tablet have no idea what a "web app" is, and using the term app leads them to believe that it is software that must be installed on their device, just as the OP of this thread did. There have been many threads on this forum with the same misconception ever since the Navigator LAN page first started being implemented. This confusion will continue as long as you and others refer to it as an app. Edited by catl331

The majority of people using smart phone/laptop/tablet have no idea what a "web app" is, and using the term app leads them to believe that it is software that must be installed on their device

Thanks catl331, I am definitely one of the "majority". In fact, as I was reading this thread I was thinking I needed to go to the App Store to find this:o. You not only saved me the bother but also explained this in a way that even I can understand.;)

You have to be connected to the ship's network and then open a browser like Safari or Chrome and type "login.com". That's is how you get to the Navigator page and I think that is what people are mistaking for an app. On the last cruise, I saw everyone before the show on the first night using it. I used it all the time after that.

You have to be connected to the ship's network and then open a browser like Safari or Chrome and type "login.com". That's is how you get to the Navigator page and I think that is what people are mistaking for an app.
Right. The only "app" (as most people understand that term) that you need is a browser. It is very simple

ng5893.jpg

• 9 months later...

Back to the OP:

There is a chat ability, but no audible ping or ding to let you know you have received a message -- both people have to be looking at the LAN page to have a dialog.

No one else in my group of nine carried their phones or accessed the LAN Navigator, but I did use it pretty often to check activities and whet my appetite for MDR menu! My phone is with me always on vacation as it is my camera.