Veranda Suite Cabin/Balcony Size: Odyssey Class v. Encore Class

notjaded

I've searched, but failed, to find an official Seabourn site that provides comparable cabin/balcony size for a typical Encore-class veranda suite.

Seabourn has good information about the Odyssey suite size, and has a detailed floor plan (see below). Seabourn appears to have deliberately avoided providing either a suite size or floor plan for the Encore-class ships (see below).

While the typical Odyssey-class veranda suites are "approximately 365 sq. ft.," what is the size of the comparable Encore-class veranda suites?

Many thanks for your informed responses.

Odyssey.JPG.4820f2a5e67145c2718fc2fb197999b9.JPG

Encore.JPG.79d2652cbc37744b546ce40a963410d4.JPG

We sailed on Encore and loved the suite size (V5 for us on our trip). Others aboard did comment that it was narrower, but no complaints overall about the size or amenities. It was a very comfortable size for us.

We immediately noticed the narrower cabin/suite, which felt very pinched. It was only afterwards that we found out that space had indeed been trimmed. We didn't even notice the added depth so it was wasted on us, whereas the narrowness of the room was immediately noticable. Its a shame that Seabourn didn't take the opportunity to create some slightly larger Veranda Suites on Encore instead of going the other way - it looks cheap.

Hi there,

I have sailed on both ships. The size of the Veranda suites on Encore and Odyssey-class are actually identical. However the decor is totaly different. IMO the decor in the Encore suites makes them seem bigger. You can compare the two room types from these reviews I found:

Seabourn Encore veranda suite review.

Seabourn Odyssey veranda suite review.

Hope it helps :)

Thanks for sharing. It helps!

Sorry Manama, but they are slightly different. The Encore is slightly narrower. Shoes need to sit sideways in the cupboard at the end of the bed. And the bathroom is slightly larger to accommodate the larger shower. This makes the suite a little longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

our v6 cabin was very comfortable and larger than what we usually get on Holland. The shower was tight, less than 30 X 30. Tub was large but never used.

We are definitely shower users. We have never used the tub/bath in all our cruises. For us, it is just wasted space.

I agree about tubs being wasted space for many. We never used ours on the Encore and would have enjoy a slightly larger shower or sinks that had more space between them. I suppose there are some (many?) people who see the bathtub as a much needed item in the bathroom.

We immediately noticed the narrower cabin/suite, which felt very pinched. It was only afterwards that we found out that space had indeed been trimmed. We didn't even notice the added depth so it was wasted on us, whereas the narrowness of the room was immediately noticable. Its a shame that Seabourn didn't take the opportunity to create some slightly larger Veranda Suites on Encore instead of going the other way - it looks cheap.

If you want a larger cabin Seabourn offers a number of options starting with Penthouse suites. As with everything in life you pay your money and take your choice.

Because Seabourn dont do inside cabins the depth is dictated by the ships beam (width) less a central hall way. In order to maintain uniformity across the fleet the cabins will be very slightly narrower and longer.

If you increase width you reduce cabn numbers increase sq ft and increase fares. I have to say we didnt struggle at all on Encore compared to Sojourn in fact truth be told we didn't really notice a big difference but we are agile so possibly adapted without thinkng :)

Henry :)