OBC for no OM on Royal cruises?

sun&sea

I have read a lot about people getting OBC for no ***** on the Regal, but I wasn't sure about the Royal cruises that were originally booked as *****. Anyone receive it for their cruise on the Royal after the Jan 19th sailing? We are sailing on the 29th.

Thanks,

Janet

I want to try and get credits for our March 30th cruise but we haven't paid our final payment yet. I feel like I should wait to contact our travel agent until after we've made the final payment. Thoughts?
I'm on the same cruise, called Princess customer relations and received $100PP, however the first call was denied. I sent an e-mail to customer relations and received a very nice response back with the OBC.

We're on the Mar.30th cruise.

Not sure if we should bother requesting as we already got a free upgrade from an inside to a balcony.

We got a couple free upgrades too. I didn't think about that when I sent my TA an email last night. Oh well, I'll wait and see what she replies back with. Can't hurt to try!

We got a couple free upgrades too. I didn't think about that when I sent my TA an email last night. Oh well, I'll wait and see what she replies back with. Can't hurt to try!

Well, I contacted my TA and they called Princess and got us $100 SB credit PP for us and our friends along with the free upgrade. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

This may cause me to get flamed but oh well...Why is it that all of you think that it is ok to hold a cruise line up for money because the ***** will not be available on your cruise?? The ***** or lack thereof truly has no impact on whether or not you will enjoy your cruise...I'm a techie and would like to try the new technologies the ***** provides, but to insist that the cruise line give me money because it is not going to be on my cruise is extortion plain and simple

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thanks to this post here on CC , I called Customer Relations about our 4/09/18 Royal booking and received the $100P/P OBC . FYI for those that forgo TA benefits and book direct for "total control", we booked with a TA but I did not have to contact him at all to do this.

This may cause me to get flamed but oh well...Why is it that all of you think that it is ok to hold a cruise line up for money because the ***** will not be available on your cruise?? The ***** or lack thereof truly has no impact on whether or not you will enjoy your cruise...I'm a techie and would like to try the new technologies the ***** provides, but to insist that the cruise line give me money because it is not going to be on my cruise is extortion plain and simple

It's simple enough, if you had a cruise booked that was suppose to have it available just don't call them for your OBC.

They'll be happy you didn't call & will keep their profits even higher. :D

If you pre-order a new model car that's advertised as having a new special feature, and when it's delivered there is no special feature, would you accept it as-is, cancel the deal, or want some compensation?

Not remotely the same...if I order a car, the order can be cancelled...this is not a car...it's a vacation. The lack of ***** does not materially change the cruise...you still get all of the features of your cabin...still the same food and entertainment...sigh

Not remotely the same...if I order a car, the order can be cancelled...this is not a car...it's a vacation. The lack of ***** does not materially change the cruise...you still get all of the features of your cabin...still the same food and entertainment...sigh

Although not us , but others may have chosen their particular cruise over the competition , for the unique opportunity to experience this new feature that they now won’t have .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although not us , but others may have chosen their particular cruise over the competition , for the unique opportunity to experience this new feature that they now won’t have .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I get that, as one of the reasons I selected this cruise was *****. But I also selected it because I live on the west coast, and its one of the Royal class vessels. I have been told by Princess that the reason my cruise is no longer listed as an ***** cruise is to remove the possible disappointment. My cruise is in April 2019, and I hope that it's sorted by then, but if not, then...not. The only reason I would cancel, or perhaps expect any kind of remuneration is if they pulled the ship itself.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I don't consider myself a greedy person, but it was suggested to me that if others are getting perks like an additional OB because a cruise feature has been removed after the cruise was booked and paid for, why not me. If they weren't offering this to others, I wouldn't have enquired in the first place and I still would have enjoyed my cruise. However, if I'm watching other's get something and I've not even checked it out, then I'm the fool for not asking. If I'm not entitled, then all they have to say is no.