RCI UK announcement Dec 19

Has she ever sailed year round from Southampton. It would be great if we had a Royal ship year round over here [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes they tried it in winter 2011/12 but it didn’t sell well, and they were flogging it as cheap as chips to fill cabins....perhaps they will try again?

Their newest post shows Freedom class ship...

“19.12.2017 be ready for big news…”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they tried it in winter 2011/12 but it didn’t sell well, and they were flogging it as cheap as chips to fill cabins....perhaps they will try again?

Their newest post shows Freedom class ship...

“19.12.2017 be ready for big news…”

Thank you, I wasn’t aware of that.

I’d be super interested in year round sailings if that was offered.

I hope the announcement isn’t the ‘One Big Sale’ announcement that has just appeared on the website.

I don’t think I have ever seen such high prices [emoji15]

Lol I agree.

I have 6 cruises saved as ❤️ so I can quickly see any changes....my Symphony cruise has just increased overnight to £6500 for 2 in a JS!!!!

Bargain! No “free” drinks either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t mind them playing around with the figures, I don’t get sucked in, I know my budget and stick to it.

What bugs me is when they state over and over again in the Terms and Conditions that the promotions are not applicable to GTY cabin rates and then not offer a cheaper GTY rate . Not everyone wants a drinks package for either medical or other reasons.

There is a cruise we are looking at for next August so will now have to wait til March when this current promotion finishes or keep looking out if a GTY rate is offered.

I like how MSC prices their cruises with ‘experiences’. You pay extra for the things you will use or need, a bit like airlines , you want hold luggage - pay for it, you want extra leg room, pay for it etc.

We rarely use room service so book Bella with MSC and save the money for other things

I'm afraid it looks like this was it : "Royal Caribbean is offering "Buy One Get One Half Price" cruise fares for 2018, plus 25 per cent off third and fourth guests on bookings made by 5 March in its One Big Sale.

The offer applies to sailings of six nights or more, on holidays departing 1 April to 31 December, with fares also including the All Inclusive Deluxe Beverage package for first and second guests on selected sailings to Europe, the Caribbean and on sailings from Southampton"

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With all the intrigue and hype about the announcement, a sale in my eyes would have been slightly disappointing even if there were savings to be had.

With some cruises almost doubling in price I’m slightly in admiration at the cheek of it all [emoji3]

Edited by Tin can

I'm afraid it looks like this was it : "Royal Caribbean is offering "Buy One Get One Half Price" cruise fares for 2018, plus 25 per cent off third and fourth guests on bookings made by 5 March in its One Big Sale.

The offer applies to sailings of six nights or more, on holidays departing 1 April to 31 December, with fares also including the All Inclusive Deluxe Beverage package for first and second guests on selected sailings to Europe, the Caribbean and on sailings from Southampton"

Disappointed to say the least, but I think you're right!

One Big Announcement leading to One Big Sale....

Disappointed to say the least, but I think you're right!

One Big Announcement leading to One Big Sale....

Yes , can't believe the people that run the RCI twitter account are thick enough to post what they have posted for just a "sale" which in fact is more expensive than for anyone who has already booked for a UK sailing in 2018 !!!!

Big fanfare for nothing.

First I looked at on the site, 8 day cruise in May from Southampton , balcony cabin for two £400 a day. Its cheaper to fly to the states for a cruise very disappointing.

I’ll try to remain not as salty as some D/D+ members but this right here ^^^ is what really annoys me about Cruising from the UK

Our options are quite pitiful here in the UK: -

P&O Cruises

Fred Olsen

Cruise and Maritime Voyages

With the seasonal deployments from NCL and Royal Caribbean of course...

If I look for a 2018 cruise out of Southampton during what I would have classed as quiet (I.e. not during school holidays) I get

Independence of the Seas

6th October 2018

14 Nights Canaries cruise

Cruise, Return Direct Flights from Edinburgh to Southampton and Gratuities pre paid in a GTY cabin?

£3252.30

Or I can book this: -

Anthem of the Seas

10th December 2018

11 Night Eastern Caribbean cruise with 2 night pre-cruise stay at 4* Wall Street Hotel

Cruise, Return Flights from Edinburgh to NYC and Pre-paid gratuities in a Virtual Balcony Interior Room with DELUXE DRINKS PACKAGE?

£3702.16

Difference of roughly £225 per person, I’m on a newer and better ship, all inclusive in a cabin I can pick as well as being on a long haul flight on a proper plane? Compared to a bog standard interior room, hand picked by RCCL algorithms with no drinks package flying to Southampton in one of Flybe’s premier Bombardier propeller plane who’s principals of flight and takeoff success rate depends on where a passenger sits on the plane?!?

Bit of a no-brainier for me personally - granted I could save money by driving down but fuel, port parking costs as well as an approx. 8 hour drive does not appeal to me in the slightest (being as geographically disadvantaged as I am here in Central Scotland)

First World Problem vented!!

I’ll try to remain not as salty as some D/D+ members but this right here ^^^ is what really annoys me about Cruising from the UK

P&O Cruises

Fred Olsen

If I look for a 2018 cruise out of Southampton during what I would have classed as quiet (I.e. not during school holidays) I get

Independence of the Seas

6th October 2018

Cruise, Return Direct Flights from Edinburgh to Southampton and Gratuities pre paid in a GTY cabin?

£3252.30

Anthem of the Seas

10th December 2018

11 Night Eastern Caribbean cruise with 2 night pre-cruise stay at 4* Wall Street Hotel

Cruise, Return Flights from Edinburgh to NYC and Pre-paid gratuities in a Virtual Balcony Interior Room with DELUXE DRINKS PACKAGE?

£3702.16

Difference of roughly £225 per person, I’m on a newer and better ship, all inclusive in a cabin I can pick as well as being on a long haul flight on a proper plane? Compared to a bog standard interior room, hand picked by RCCL algorithms with no drinks package flying to Southampton in one of Flybe’s premier Bombardier propeller plane who’s principals of flight and takeoff success rate depends on where a passenger sits on the plane?!?

Bit of a no-brainier for me personally - granted I could save money by driving down but fuel, port parking costs as well as an approx. 8 hour drive does not appeal to me in the slightest (being as geographically disadvantaged as I am here in Central Scotland)

Ha ha ha ha! That has made me chuckle. I’ve flown Flybe too and they do move you around so the plane is balanced before take off.

P&O Cruises

Fred Olsen

Independence of the Seas

6th October 2018

£3252.30

Anthem of the Seas

10th December 2018

£3702.16

We're also in central Scotland and now book with a US TA as prices/conditions much better. We would also never let RC book our long haul flights as much more expensive. Norwegian are also doing good flights to NY from Edinburgh if you decide to book that cruise. Airport they use is further out of city but doable.

Sent from my SGP312 using Forums mobile app

Totally sympathise and agree that prices out of Southampton always seem to be stupidly and prohibitively high. :( I check them every year in the hope of being able to combine a trip back to the UK to visit family with a cruise before or afterwards. But with the prices the way they are it's always been cheaper for me to fly to Barcelona and cruise from there and then do a separate trip back to the UK.

We're also in central Scotland and now book with a US TA as prices/conditions much better. We would also never let RC book our long haul flights as much more expensive. Norwegian are also doing good flights to NY from Edinburgh if you decide to book that cruise. Airport they use is further out of city but doable.

I wouldn’t mind personally however with my partner being disabled, the long transfer time would be an issue - she was broken enough when we went to Newark in Jan 17 with the 30min transfer time to Manhattan so I’d hate to think how she’d be with the transfer from Newburgh to Manhattan...

I wouldn’t mind personally however with my partner being disabled, the long transfer time would be an issue - she was broken enough when we went to Newark in Jan 17 with the 30min transfer time to Manhattan so I’d hate to think how she’d be with the transfer from Newburgh to Manhattan...

Ah okay understand. We'll probably book with them next time we fly to NYC. Have you ever gone on a transatlantic as they are reasonably priced when first released?