Navigator 12/8 - 12/17 Review

HR Queen

This was our 1st Royal Cruise. This is # 10 for us - been on Celebrity, Holland & NCL. We are in our 60's. Got to port around 1 pm - smooth embarkation - rooms were ready. We thought the food was good, main, Windjammer and did Chops & Giovanni's. Also liked the Cafe for coffee & snacks. We had a promenade inside which was fun & so dark. We usually do balconies. The Ice Show & Comedians were great - we did not see the other shows. We enjoyed the deck 4 to walk around and also just to sit & read. Mini golf was also fun. Solarium was great but always so crowded - hard to find a chair. We did Labadee, Curacao, Bonaire & Aruba. We did 2 shore excursions & Aruba a beach day on our own. 4 sea days were a bit too much - too much food & drink!!!! What we missed was no robes, no shampoo or lotion, no ice - but we did ask Patricia our lovely room attendant and she brought us some twice each day. No ability to purchase a bottle of alcohol for your room. The buffet & promenade were pretty crazy busy...but lots of fun stuff going on. Disembark was amazing!! I still can't even believe it...we had a flight home at 12:30 pm. We did the self walk off. We were off before 7 - they were rushing us thru customs...grabbed a cab & were at the airport by 8 am! We have appreciated all the help we get from this board - so if you have any questions - I'd be glad to answer.

We did not see a drink card offered until day 4 - I think. We bought one for $75.00 for 10 drinks + the 18%. So that was a good deal. They let you use it for anything. We considered buying the drink package but it would have been $1,000 for both of us. Our bill ended up being around $500 so glad we did not purchase the package. We had more than we needed!

The 3 dinner package was $75.00 per person. That did include the 18%. I wasn't sure how that would work from what I read on that. It was worth it so good.

The bed was very hard.

We did have fun and were lucky to be able to get away before the holidays. There weren't too many kids on this sailing - mostly young ones.

There was only a container in the shower that we thought was body wash?? Not sure. We did not ask for the shampoo or lotion so not sure how that would work.

We did ask for ice & she told us they do not give it out unless you ask. She brought it for us.

No robes - did not ask but did miss them - we have always had one so didn't bring one.

Thanks for the review. We'll be on Navigator for New Years Eve- glad to hear the food was good. No robes?:confused:

Good to know ahead of time, so I can pack one, but I wonder if balconies have them? Or would being diamond get you one?

Helaine

Thanks for your review. We'll be on Navigator in February in a balcony and this is our first Royal cruise too. I too am interested if someone knows if robes are available upon request. I've never been on a cruise where they weren't offered. I'd love to know if I need to pack one.

I'm sad that it's hard to find a chair in the Solarium, although I guess I'm not that surprised. Do they enforce a time limit? It drives me crazy when I see chairs saved with a flip flop for hours. I will be asking for ice from the steward so good to know about that.

Do they leave beach towels in your cabin for port days, or do you have to go pick them up somewhere?

thanks again!

They do not put beach towels in your room. They have them in tubs when you go off the ship. You have to check them out with your card. You also have to use your card to get them in the pool area. You would think that would help making people return them when they are done instead of leaving them on the chairs. They say there is a $25 fine if not returned. While most the chairs around the pools where taken - there was plenty of chairs on the other decks. We used the solarium later in the day because we had a later dinner time and then there would be chairs. It is a really nice area.

HR Queen,

When in Aruba, which beach did you go to? What are your thoughts on the beach? How did you get there? We will be doing the same cruise in December and planning to do a beach in Aruba.

Thanks for your review.

Nanners

We took a taxi with another couple to Eagle Beach. It was a new area the taxi driver recommended that had a bathroom and small building with drinks, beer and food. We paid $20 for 2 chairs without umbrellas. It was cloudy and rained that day but actually it felt good so it wasn't so hot. It wasn't real crowded or very far away. The beach was beautiful of course.

We are planning to go to Eagle Beach too. Do you know the name of the area that your driver took you to? Were umbrellas available to rent? Did you notice if anyone was offering massages on the beach at Eagle Beach?

Are there lines to get towels when you get off the ship if you leave the ship when they first allow it? Is it better to go to the pool the night before to get our towel if we're anxious to get off in the morning to get to an excursion?

Thank you!

We are planning to go to Eagle Beach too. Do you know the name of the area that your driver took you to? Were umbrellas available to rent? Did you notice if anyone was offering massages on the beach at Eagle Beach?

Are there lines to get towels when you get off the ship if you leave the ship when they first allow it? Is it better to go to the pool the night before to get our towel if we're anxious to get off in the morning to get to an excursion?

Thank you!

Just beyond Eagle Beach is Palm Beach. You can get there on the city bus for $2pp, each way. We like it a little better than Eagle because of the facilities at the pier, restaurant, bar, restrooms, a shop or two, etc.

I think where we were was part of Eagle Beach - maybe the beginning of it? They have umbrellas also to rent - saw a sign for massages, rum punch was good - food smelled good. It was very undeveloped which was kind of nice in a way. Then there might have been some park land then way down you could see the high rises. It made for a peaceful day. Only problem there was just one bathroom for each which of course for females creates a line. There was taxis waiting to take us back too - $13.

We never left the ship super early so no lines and not a problem - they seem to do a really good job of keeping lines moving.

Thanks for your review. We'll be on Navigator in February in a balcony and this is our first Royal cruise too. I too am interested if someone knows if robes are available upon request. I've never been on a cruise where they weren't offered. I'd love to know if I need to pack one.

As far as I know a robe is a perk if you're platinum level Crown & Anchor or above and you have to ask your cabin attendant for it - that's what I've done on my last few cruises

We were also on this sailing. One observation/feeling we got is the crew as a whole seemed very blah. Didn't seem happy to be there, I even saw crew members wander around shoulders slumped and in a daze around the windjammer. Just not what I am used to seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We thought the cruise directors Cuddy & Claire were very entertaining. We didn't do much around the pool so not sure there. I thought most the staff was upbeat. There was this guy in charge of the germ stuff at the Windjammer who was so crazy .....he made everyone smile - he was dancing & dressed up in these crazy costumes. The bartenders were good .....another thing I really liked this time was the captain announcements...everyone he praised his staff - I would think that would make for good staff moral.