Infinity Sky Suite - 6122 vs 9117

MamasNomad

We have the choice of cabin 6122 or 9117 on an upcoming Panama Canal cruise. Anyone have experience in either cabin?

I know 9117 is handicap accessible and I'm not sure of the pros & cons of having that type of a room. Also, not sure of extra noise being just below the pool area and next to the elevators and ILounge area.

Thanks in advance for all comments and opinions.

Cheryl

The plus of the accessible cabin is that it larger and we like the extra space They will have an accessible shower. We stayed in an accessible suite once and found that water would get out of the shower if the ship was rocking but we just put down a barrier of rolled up towel and it was fine. We actually find the tub/shower combo in a regular suite difficult to maneuver as it has rather high sides.

We have stayed in 6119 on the Infinity and the balconies look over the lifeboats. The location was good, just down 2 decks to Luminae & Michael's Club and 1 deck to Café al Bacio. Never heard any noise from

In my personal opinion, it is a no-brainer to take 6122.

We've stayed in both accessible and standard sky suites in M-class ships, and my recollection is that they are the same size. There is a ramp leading to the balcony, which we did not like it, as it makes the space in front of the door to the balcony uneven. As jelayne mentioned, the accessible shower lets water out. In case of 9117, noise from the pool deck is a valid concern.

No mater which one you pick, Luminae and Michael's Club will be nice.

Thom

a few photos from an M-class accessible cabin (#8125) are posted on this page:

#8125 cabin photos

This room would be quite similar to 9117.

We enjoyed the large roomy bathroom - no issues with water from shower onto floor (we used the roll up towel technique)

We also enjoyed the extra wide room (the accessible cabins on the M-class are slightly larger than regular sky suites)

Thanks to all for your feedback. Hubby and I are worried about noise from the elevators (which share a wall with cabin 9117), noise from the pool deck, etc. so we have asked our TA to try and move us to 6122. I guess only time will tell !!

Thanks to all for your feedback. Hubby and I are worried about noise from the elevators (which share a wall with cabin 9117), noise from the pool deck, etc. so we have asked our TA to try and move us to 6122. I guess only time will tell !!

We have stayed in 8125 (SS2 next to elevators) and it was quiet as a mouse! never heard the elevators - we loved the location and the room.

I cannot speak for being on Deck 9, beneath the pool deck - but we would definitely stay in 8125 again, if assigned to us.

When our TA finally got around to calling Celebrity cabin 6122 was no longer available. But 8127 was so that is our new cabin assignment. Still an accessible cabin but away from the elevators and no pool above us.

Thanks again to everyone for all your input.

We have the choice of cabin 6122 or 9117 on an upcoming Panama Canal cruise. Anyone have experience in either cabin?

I know 9117 is handicap accessible and I'm not sure of the pros & cons of having that type of a room. Also, not sure of extra noise being just below the pool area and next to the elevators and ILounge area.

Thanks in advance for all comments and opinions.

Cheryl

If you aren't handicapped, do not take the cabin. The bathroom while larger, has a lower sink for wheelchair access. Also the shower is roll in and if you don't pile towels around the outside, you will wet the entire floor. The closet is also designed for wheel chair access. We had taken guarantees and were very disappointed with the cabin we were assigned, but I "assume" no handicapped person requiring the cabin needed it. Call celebrity perhaps you can change the assignment if a non handicapped cabin is available. If not, enjoy your cruise in your larger cabin.

If you aren't handicapped, do not take the cabin. The bathroom while larger, has a lower sink for wheelchair access. Also the shower is roll in and if you don't pile towels around the outside, you will wet the entire floor. The closet is also designed for wheel chair access. We had taken guarantees and were very disappointed with the cabin we were assigned, but I "assume" no handicapped person requiring the cabin needed it. Call celebrity perhaps you can change the assignment if a non handicapped cabin is available. If not, enjoy your cruise in your larger cabin.

We were assigned SS2 Accessible 8125 twice (on the Millennium and on the Summit). We did not choose or select the cabin, Celebrity assigned it to us (via Suite GTY). We were quite happy with the cabin. As far as the bathroom, we never had an issue. We rolled up a towel, placed it along the edge - problem solved. We *much preferred* the accessible shower vs. the tub/shower combo in regular sky suites. We are much too tall for that combo and were relieved not to have to “crouch” to get under the shower head, with the accessible walk in shower :cool:

Heather

We were assigned SS2 Accessible 8125 twice (on the Millennium and on the Summit). We did not choose or select the cabin, Celebrity assigned it to us (via Suite GTY). We were quite happy with the cabin. As far as the bathroom, we never had an issue. We rolled up a towel, placed it along the edge - problem solved. We *much preferred* the accessible shower vs. the tub/shower combo in regular sky suites. We are much too tall for that combo and were relieved not to have to “crouch” to get under the shower head, with the accessible walk in shower :cool:

Heather

When we sail in a sky suite M class, we try to book as early as possible to snag cabins 6145 or 6146 on the Summit. They have huge marble bathrooms with both a tub and a stall shower. They are the first two cabins to book up on the M class ships, I assume that all M's are the same. These cabins are next to the penthouse and sometimes those in the penthouse use these cabins as spare bedrooms. Better bathrooms then in the Celebrity suites.

Heather

Thanks Heather !! I feel a bit better about cabin 8127 after seeing your comments. We are average to tall and hate the 'crouch' as well. We also have some mobility issues (not enough to need a handicap accessible room) and hate the HUGE step into/out of the shower/tubs in other cabins.

One last question for you...did you have any issues with the sink in the bathroom being too low?

Cheryl

One last question for you...did you have any issues with the sink in the bathroom being too low?

Cheryl

We had no issues what-so-ever. In fact, we were able to store our carry-on pieces beneath the sink ;)