Frequent flyer miles & EZAir

DRS/NC

Has anyone been able to use their frequent flyer miles to book an EZAir flight?

Yes, I called Princess & the rep I spoke with said NO, but I also know the reps aren't always accurate.

This will be my first time to use mileage & I don't know much about it. The fare listed by the airline (American) is $500 more than the EZAir price. Am I going to use more miles, based on the higher price?

Many of you are much more experienced in this arena -- advice please!

Thanks!

The Princess agent was correct...you cannot use Miles to book EZair flights.

Go to aa.com to view how many AAdvantage Miles you’ll use for flights & decide which is your best option....Miles or EZair. The number of Miles charged is based on distance & does not vary based on current airfare.

Be aware that when using AAdvantage Miles on British Air they charged nearly $500/pp. in taxes & fees to fly to Europe for free! That was about half the EZair price so using AA Miles to fly BA was not my best option for flying to Europe from the US.

There are many variables & by researching for your best option you can decide what’s best for you. What anyone else has done won’t necessarily be your best option.

The Princess agent was correct...you cannot use Miles to book EZair flights.

Go to aa.com to view how many AAdvantage Miles you’ll use for flights & decide which is your best option....Miles or EZair. The number of Miles charged is based on distance & does not vary based on current airfare.

Be aware that when using AAdvantage Miles on British Air they charged nearly $500/pp. in taxes & fees to fly to Europe for free! That was about half the EZair price so using AA Miles to fly BA was not my best option for flying to Europe from the US.

There are many variables & by researching for your best option you can decide what’s best for you. What anyone else has done won’t necessarily be your best option.

Thank you! The 2 direct AA flights from Charlotte to Heathrow are also BA flights "operated by AA" and, oddly, cost $20.00 more than the AA flight. I will certainly book as AA. EZAir is $500.00 cheaper than the published AA fare now, but "free" is better. Thanks again for the advice!

Thank you! The 2 direct AA flights from Charlotte to Heathrow are also BA flights "operated by AA" and, oddly, cost $20.00 more than the AA flight. I will certainly book as AA. EZAir is $500.00 cheaper than the published AA fare now, but "free" is better. Thanks again for the advice!

You’re welcome & glad that you’ve found your best flight option & have decided to book as AA and “free” is good. :) If you’re flying during their offseason it requires fewer AAdvantage Miles.

Another consideration for the future is that whichever airline is actually operating the aircraft it’s their rules that apply.

BA codeshare flights are “operated by AA” so there’s no advance coach seat reservation fee because AA is operating the flight. If it was the other way around (AA flight operated by BA) then to make a seat reservation prior to check in would have a fee.

Yes, I noticed the reserved seat fee on the BA flights.

I'm just excited that I have enough miles to get business class on the CLT>LHR leg (overnight). Not enough for business class on the return, but it's a day flight & a bit easier. Unfortunately, the return flight is 7/7 (holiday weekend) so the "cost" is higher.

I appreciate your advice!

OP: for future reference - use ITA Matrix website to identify least expensive coach fares. Then go to airline website and select "upgradable coach" using points. (For international travel, look for "super saver" points only fares too). Compare best way to get bizclass seats.

IMO, never waste points on domestic travel and use them primarily to ease the cost of long haul biz class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP: for future reference - use ITA Matrix website to identify least expensive coach fares. Then go to airline website and select "upgradable coach" using points. (For international travel, look for "super saver" points only fares too). Compare best way to get bizclass seats.

IMO, never waste points on domestic travel and use them primarily to ease the cost of long haul biz class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

^^^^ seasoned traveler. Well said.

Sent from my iPad using Forums