Live from Silhouette Dec 17 2017

Algebralovr

How is the attendance at the evening shows? Many cruisers did not care for the new production shows and did not come on our cruise. We were surprised how available seating was.
I didn't choose to attend any of the evening shows. They did have a comedian a couple of times, and the kids attended it. They didn't complain about finding seats.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi,

Did the Captain change to Island time and have you notice any discounts being offered for the Specialty restaurants? Will be cruising in February.

Thanks.

In 11 cruises on Celebrity, we've not matched local time only once. This cruise was no exception. We changed forward one hour overnight during the second night, on the way to Puerto Rico, and we changed back to Eastern Time last night, the night before the last sea day.

The speciality restaurants haven't needed to offer discounts this week. They have been pretty busy. No BOGO first night offers, and we could not even get a table for our party at the LCG for the two nights we tried.

There are a lot of families with children on board.

Here is the daily for the last sea day.

We also got the tags for disembark. No survey. They just dropped them by. No way am I doing group 1 and leaving at 7:15 am.

One of our group has a transport to MIA booked, and didn't originally receive the right luggage tag, but it was an easy swap.

The kids drove down, and three of them are driving back. The other four of us are staying the night of the 24th and flying home the 25th ($96 flight instead of $$$!) I'll work on that after a bit.

I've spent the last two days enjoying an alcove, reading my book, and just relaxing. 8768876804e4ee2a64e8321caff2ac98.jpg0f2d462b630c919182967275a934b121.jpg777fbc33c23bfa2ef1b0e06cc646be94.jpgf5c5e2cf10868f1677db120d7737863b.jpg

In 11 cruises on Celebrity, we've not matched local time only once. This cruise was no exception. We changed forward one hour overnight during the second night, on the way to Puerto Rico, and we changed back to Eastern Time last night, the night before the last sea day.

The speciality restaurants haven't needed to offer discounts this week. They have been pretty busy. No BOGO first night offers, and we could not even get a table for our party at the LCG for the two nights we tried.

There are a lot of families with children on board.

What time did you dock in San Juan and roughly how many hours of daylight did you have? We'll be there in March docking at 3:30 - not sure that will give us more than 3 hours of light.

We docked right about 3:30. It took some time to clear the ship, and the K9 officers were doing sweeps.

Sunset is early right now. Remember, Dec 21 was Winter Solstice. You'll want to see when expected sunset is for your cruise.

We docked right about 3:30. It took some time to clear the ship, and the K9 officers were doing sweeps.

Sunset is early right now. Remember, Dec 21 was Winter Solstice. You'll want to see when expected sunset is for your cruise.

Actually, I found the US Naval Observatory site can provide an annual chart for any location fora full year. We'll be there March 13. Sunrise 0634, sunset 1834 - exactly 12 hours.

Enjoyed your report. Gracias y Feliz Navidad.

Actually, I found the US Naval Observatory site can provide an annual chart for any location fora full year. We'll be there March 13. Sunrise 0634, sunset 1834 - exactly 12 hours.

Enjoyed your report. Gracias y Feliz Navidad.

Perfect!

You'll have more light than we did.

The ship was cleared between 7:15 and 7:20 this morning. As usual, plenty of people struggling to carry off their belongings.

We had a nice breakfast in the MDR when it opened at 6:30, finished packing our last few things and grabbed a chair at the Cafe, and have been people watching while finishing our last refreshments.

Yes, we left from the one under construction and returned to 29.

Disembark was easy.

Problem we ran into was other people who don't read luggage tags. One of the bags never showed up. We assume another passenger grabbed it, believing it was theirs and didn't read the tags. Very annoying.

Check the tags, people!

I will say, in spite of the complaints regarding boarding, it wasn't that bad. Dad in his wheelchair had traveled very heavily, and he and SM had 3 bags each of varying sizes. If I had not been along, they would have struggled. I had made sure their bags were fully tagged before leaving the hotel, and when we were dropped off, I we drug the bags to the sidewalk and got in line. There was a woman moving along the line offering bag tags to anyone who needed them. Once we got toward the front of the line, I handed the bags to the porter (they needed more) and we went inside the convention center. We were offered assistance at every turn. There was a wait, but it was just a wait. Sometimes we have to wait.

Disembark was easy and relatively fast. Plenty of help.

We spent the day at the Hilton Garden Inn close to the cruise port. $22 Uber ride in a Lux SUV. I wouldn't call it luxury, but Uber did. We needed a SUV to transport all the bags and WC. The driver didn't look to be sure we were all in and doors closed and started to take off while Dad was getting in. Scary.

The Hilton Garden Inn was fine. I spent the day reading at the pool. Breakfast on Monday -Friday starts at 6:00 am. We got to breakfast right at the start, had a nice breakfast, and took the 7am shuttle to the airport.

Even on Christmas Day, the flight from FLL to STL on Southwest was sold out. I believe the $86 tickets a few weeks back did it. Lots of families on board. It hurt to leave the 75 degree weather and fly into temps in the teens!

Luckily, my countdown clock goes fast from here!

Looking forward to following along. We’ll board on January 14. Please let us know if luggage valet is available on your cruise-it wasn’t on several recent ones on the Silhouette. Have a great meal at Tuscan

I might be late on posting this, as I just now came across this thread. There was no luggage valet on this cruise, we tried. Our concierge said there was not enough interest. They never advertised it. I found out about it prior to our depart, from my brother.

Yeah, they didn't even survey to ask about luggage valet and tag preferences. Heck, they didn't even give the right tag to the one in our party who had pre-purchased a transfer from the ship to Miami Airport.