Live from Silhouette Dec 17 2017

Algebralovr

Finally getting this started! I'm having a good cruise so far.

We are sailing with 3 generations in a group of 8. DH and me, my dad and step-mom, my DD and SIL2B, and MY DS and his GF.

Embarkation was off to a rocky start, yes.

How to get to the convention center for embarkation was not clear, but we finally made it after driving in circles. My SIL2B drove from St. Louis to Fort Lauderdale and volunteered to transport us to port in a couple of shifts. First shift was Dad, SM and me. We finally figured put where to turn, followed the directions from police, and were dropped off at the right place. There were not enough porters, but we managed, even with Dad's wheelchair. We already had our bags tagged, so put them with a bunch of others that a porter had just put aside and went in to the convention center. That was about 10 or so.

We got dad and SM checked in, they handed us a shuttle line card and we went to wait. I explained to them it would be a while, since they had to shuttle everyone leaving the ship to here, then get clearance to begin boarding, then start with suites and Zenith, followed by others who paid more, then finally the rest of us.

We sat and watched for the rest of the family. Meanwhile, SIL2B told the others to grab all the stuff, they were doing it in one trip. They had bags in laps, but made it to Park N GO. They then shuttled to the convention center. We saw them walking in about 1145.

DH joined the elite line and was checked in fast. Kids waited in general boarding line. They got shuttle number cards for us all and I returned the early cards the first three of us had. Yes, we have back #17 and accepted #33. No worries, we are on vacation . After the 2013 trip from San Diego to Ensenada MX, it was all good. We were in an air conditioned building, had working toilets, and refreshments kept coming. All good.

As mentioned, dad is using a WC. They asked him many times if he could take steps onto the bus. They had a van with a lift for those who could not. Dad said yes, slowly. They also kept offering a pusher from the crew. No, not needed. We have our 22 yr old along for the job.

We finally arrived at the ship and our rooms were ready. Dropped our stuff and went to find lunch. Safety drill was pushed back to 4:45 pm. We went to the Oceanview and the crowd wasn't bad - we found a table for 8. I showed Dad the ship, since he hasn't cruised for 20 years. We picked out the Alcove we desired. Also met one of our favorite waiters and learned he was promoted to Head. Yay!

The drill started mostly normally. We felt the bow thrusters fire as we were seated. There went the sail away party! People next to use kept up a dialog complaining about missing kickoff. There was some excitement as a younger man had some issues. Hopefully he is ok now. They've changed the movie to one with a spy theme, but the sound was turned off due to the issue in the theatre.

We had dinner reservations for 545, so we went to get ready. Had a good dinner with the family. DD has a number of food allergies, but they found a meal to make and we are set for dinner after this.

We wandered a bit in the evening, but I was tired and turned in early. Slept well and woke refreshed. Isn't that the point of a vacation?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Monday started off good.

We did the buffet for breakfast and there were fewer people than I expected even at 8am.

I put on a hundreds and headed to the Alcove we wanted. DS beat us there, and DD with SIL2B was right behind. Beautiful day!

We sent to the Connections party. Many people did not. Of course, the name tags have our legal names, not screen names. Maybe we can get that changed one of these days.

I've spent most of the day in the Alcove, reading. Only a few of them are booked. The new price of $249 is quite high, so I am sure that is part. We booked before the price hike. The new price includes a bottle of champagne or Grey Goose, but with the beverage package, we don't need it. I've watched the attendant explain the price a few times as people were sitting in those not reserved. They might make more selling at $149 and skipping the champagne.

There are a lot of children on board. Many families with elementary aged children. I've been surprised.

Tonight is evening chic dress. Looking to see how many dress up. We brought the good clothes!

I won't comment much on the entertainment. We brought our own.

The photo opportunities this evening were all over. The music was decent. I was dancing in the martini bar with the family.

Glad you are enjoying. Do you think you could post the current Celebrity Spotlight showing the current Senior Officers and CD. Thank you.

Following this thread. On the Silly March 11th (only 82 days away, not that I'm counting). If you can provide names of some people bands I'd appreciate that. Who is the CD? Name of house band and/or party band? Any guitarist on board? Lastly, love the Silhouette because it still has cellar masters. Any idea who the sommelier is?

Enjoy your cruise. Wishing you calm seas and good weather.

Here is the Spotlight document.

I'm getting decent internet in the stateroom. As expected, mid-morning internet is slow as lots of people are online.

They have removed the blue books with info from the rooms. So, no note paper in standard staterooms. 7413636eb02ef9b9787bd7784675924e.jpg

Loving the information. Going on first time cruise with Celebrity on April 1, 2018.

Can you open the divider between the rooms? We have another couple going with us and want to open that up if possible.

Thank You,

You can ask to open the divider between adjacent staterooms. They usually can, they have a tool. It only opens about half the balcony though, as some is fixed.

Following this thread. On the Silly March 11th (only 82 days away, not that I'm counting). If you can provide names of some people bands I'd appreciate that. Who is the CD? Name of house band and/or party band? Any guitarist on board? Lastly, love the Silhouette because it still has cellar masters. Any idea who the sommelier is?

Enjoy your cruise. Wishing you calm seas and good weather.

I'll try to upload the daily papers later today. I