Miami Family of 5 airport to port decisions

mamaneedsavacay

I've searched and read lots of posts about how to get from Miami airport to the Port of Miami, but I don't think the regular recommendations of flat rate cabs and regular Uber/Lyft apply to a family of five. I don't think we fit in a regular cab or Uber. I'm concerned about the availability of Uber XL or minivan-type taxis. Are they prevalent?

I'm interested to hear what other families of 5-6 end up doing.

Shared ride shuttles? or private car services? It's hard to believe that a limo service is actually the most cost-effective way to go, but I was quoted $90 round-trip + gratuity, which is pretty close in price to otherwise winging it with a shared ride shuttle of $8/person each way for five of us, and in the same range as two uberXL rides.

When we sailed out of Port Canaveral, which is obviously a much longer trip from its airport, we used a private van service.

Thanks for advice!

There are many mini-van/SUV type cabs in the taxi line -you may need to wait a few minutes for one to come to the front of the line. There is usually a coordinator who will work this out for you. Same fare as a standard taxi.

For UberXL you again may wait a few extra minutes compared to availability for an UberX. If you are rushed (flying in same day as your cruise? :confused: ) you could always split into two UberX cars, which should arrive in 5 min or less.

Super Shuttle is available from MIA - I think a taxi or Uber are better options, but you can go on line for a quote. Who is your limo quote from? Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service - we used them a couple of years ago and were happy. :cool:

Have a great cruise! :)

There usually are many SUV and Van cabs at the airport. If you guys have a lot of large suitcases than maybe a private SUV is best. But I don't think you should have a problem (assuming its not a crazy amount of luggage) getting a van or SUV taxi or UberXL. There are plenty of both.

There are many mini-van/SUV type cabs in the taxi line -you may need to wait a few minutes for one to come to the front of the line. There is usually a coordinator who will work this out for you. Same fare as a standard taxi.

For UberXL you again may wait a few extra minutes compared to availability for an UberX. If you are rushed (flying in same day as your cruise? :confused: ) you could always split into two UberX cars, which should arrive in 5 min or less.

Super Shuttle is available from MIA - I think a taxi or Uber are better options, but you can go on line for a quote. Who is your limo quote from? Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service - we used them a couple of years ago and were happy. :cool:

Have a great cruise! :)

Oh wow- if there are plenty of mini-van cabs, then that's definitely the least expensive option for us! It makes me nervous to not have something specifically lined up, but we've got several hours to get to the port. Thank you!

The quote was from Larry's Limos, thanks to recommendations from this forum. Super Shuttle ended up being just as expensive as LL since we would be paying per person for five.

Looks like we can wing it from the airport then. Thanks for the reassurance! And thanks FlyMia for seconding!