Parking,luggage at Bayonne question?

one9marine

Do we drop off our luggage before going to the garage? Hope so, don't want to lug it from there. Thanks.

Yes, you can drop off your luggage first and then continue on to the garage. There is only one road that goes by the front of the terminal and then continues on to the garage, so might as well stop on your way through.

No you don't, you can use a porter and they will bring you to the street level loading area. We have even had the porter wait while we brought the car down and she loaded the car for us.

Even better, on our last two trips the porters had their own line that sped up our time clearing Customs and Border Protection.

Well worth the tip to me, especially our last cruise. I bought a vase made from a 30 pound rock in Canada. I stuck it in my wife's large suit case along with the stuff she already had packed. The porter picks it up and says "What do you have in this, rocks?" I got a strange look when I said yes.:evilsmile:

Also don't forget to take your parking ticket with you.

When you return you will pay at kiosks on the ground level as you walk up on the garage.

If you leave it in your vehicle you will need to go to your vehicle, retrieve your ticket and return to the kiosks.

It is so EASY! Drop off your luggage, then take a ticket and go into the garage. The parking attendants tend to place orange cones on ramps that no longer have open spaces. Park...take your parking ticket with you. Exit the garage...head into the terminal!

Upon return...after you collect you luggage...either one person can stay with luggage while the other goes for the car..or take the luggage with you. On the GROUND level...there are machines where you insert your parking ticket and pay the fees for parking. Then head to the elevator, get into your vehicle...and head down the ramp. At the gate, you insert your Paid ticket and the gate lifts and you go on your way.

If you need to collect a passenger and luggage...you do have to go back toward the terminal. Otherwise...you head out and hit the highway!

Enjoy your cruise!