Quality and Service Standards

beentothere

There are issues of quality, service, and safety standards. I have seen no efforts of documentation of standards. For example, with

today's video capabilities and low costs, why aren't the tours video captured, at the very least so Celebrity could asses the service and safety performance standards and issues? Seems like a very important issue since the feedback system may or may not be adequate. What say you? Please voice your opinion.

Repetition of prior tragedies are too regular an occurrence especially when preventable through increased service standards.

Unfortunately accidents happen, very safe conscientious people have accidents driving. The safest bus or van driver could end up in a accident with fatalities through no fault of the driver but maybe because some other driver was impaired and caused the accident.

Should Celebrity take reasonable steps to insure safety, yes but video taping excursions doesn’t insure safety. Sometimes the excursions are private, sometimes ship excursions. I haven’t read whether or not this was a ship excursion or private. Either way it is a tragedy.

I don't think you get to impose your "standards" on a foreign country. Its a leap of faith

Also we have no idea what actually happened in this case (do we?) if it was an actual accident as opposed to the fault of the driver, or a preventable mechanical issue - then all the videos in the world would not make a difference.

Cruise lines send representatives (often friends and family of employees, or travel agents on promotional trips, etc) on excursions to monitor the service and ensure everything is up to standard and report back with issues.

Many bus lines now do have cameras installed.

Unfortunately accidents happen, very safe conscientious people have accidents driving. The safest bus or van driver could end up in a accident with fatalities through no fault of the driver but maybe because some other driver was impaired and caused the accident.

Should Celebrity take reasonable steps to insure safety, yes but video taping excursions doesn’t insure safety. Sometimes the excursions are private, sometimes ship excursions. I haven’t read whether or not this was a ship excursion or private. Either way it is a tragedy.

I totally agree. These very unfortunate things happen, even when safety is of a very high standard. Whenever there is an accident of this magnitude it is very tragic. It does stop and make you think about busses in Mexico, as they do have a higher risk of accidents, but it could happen anywhere.

All of us take risks everyday just by getting into a car or going to a bank, restaurant, store or any place else. Personally, traveling is in my blood and though I try to be as careful as possible, these things do happen and could happen to any one of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I totally agree. These very unfortunate things happen, even when safety is of a very high standard. Whenever there is an accident of this magnitude it is very tragic. It does stop and make you think about busses in Mexico, as they do have a higher risk of accidents, but it could happen anywhere.

All of us take risks everyday just by getting into a car or going to a bank, restaurant, store or any place else. Personally, traveling is in my blood and though I try to be as careful as possible, these things do happen and could happen to any one of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree...(y)(y)