Christmas

jay888

As MSC is an Italian cruise line and Italians celebrate Christmas up the 6th January when they receive there gifts. We are sailing on the 2rd of January will Christmas still be in full swing and will the 6th January be a special day. This will be my first cruise with MSC

I can't comment on what it will be like onboard, but in this part of Italy we get our presents on the 25th. The 6th - Epifania (also known as 12th Night in the UK) is when Befana, an old woman, delivers gifts to children overnight (5th) a bit like Father Christmas. It really is only for children.

The only thing I would say is that if you're boarding on the 2nd I'm sure the celebrations will still be ongoing and the decorations will still be up. Whatever, I hope you have a lovely time.

January 6th, the Epiphany, is huge in Latin countries. It commemorates when The Three Wise Men delivered their gifts to baby Jesus at the manger.

I don’t know if Christmas decorations will still be up on the ship, but you can bet that a lot of your fellow passengers will be celebrating the holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

January 6th, the Epiphany, is huge in Latin countries. It commemorates when The Three Wise Men delivered their gifts to baby Jesus at the manger.

I don’t know if Christmas decorations will still be up on the ship, but you can bet that a lot of your fellow passengers will be celebrating the holiday.

Is that beautiful Dog yours

Is that beautiful Dog yours

Hey Jay, that photo is indeed of my dog Tapi. Unfortunately, she passed away in March of this year. She was 14 years old.